• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other eastern ky state champs in track!
Here is some other state champs that needs congratulations to"

class2a Girls 400 meter dash-1 Michaela Hunter /Rockcastle Co-just a freshman
Girls 3200 Meter run1 Tenny Ostrem /Powell County
Girls Long Jump 1 Samantha Smith/Rockcastle Co
Boys Long Jump 1 R J Fields/Harlan County<--First year, state champ
Boys Pole Vault 1 Greg Phillips/Knox Central

If I missed any other Eastern Ky State champ let me know. I also want to congrats Dakota Cornett on placing 7th as a sophmoer in the shot put. I know by the time he is a senior we could very well have a state champ.
Katie Bowling from Leslie Co. placed 6th in the Girls 300 Hurdles.
A Kid from KNox Central won the pole vault.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Here is some other state champs that needs congratulations to"

class2a Girls 400 meter dash-1 Michaela Hunter /Rockcastle Co-just a freshman
Girls 3200 Meter run1 Tenny Ostrem /Powell County
Girls Long Jump 1 Samantha Smith/Rockcastle Co
Boys Long Jump 1 R J Fields/Harlan County<--First year, state champ
Boys Pole Vault 1 Greg Phillips/Knox Central

If I missed any other Eastern Ky State champ let me know. I also want to congrats Dakota Cornett on placing 7th as a sophmoer in the shot put. I know by the time he is a senior we could very well have a state champ.

Hunter is an exceptional athlete. She may win the 400 a couple more times, along with the long and triple jumps. Rockcastle always seems to have great female athletes. Anyone remember Heather Hammond?
what did she win at state?
cougarpride08 Wrote:what did she win at state?

If you are talking about Heather Hammond, she won something like 10 state championships for Rockcastle over her career, including 4 (if I am not mistaken) her senior year. Her sister (Sara) runs for Rockcastle now. I don't know either of them, but I was at the state meet her senior year and was just amazed that one person could dominate like that, with as hard as it is to win state in just one event.
cool!
This is great to hear, I was their both days this year and I must say it was a fun experiance.
devilhorns05 Wrote:This is great to hear, I was their both days this year and I must say it was a fun experiance.

The state track meet is a great experience. I don't think most people have any idea how exciting track and field can be.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The state track meet is a great experience. I don't think most people have any idea how exciting track and field can be.

agreed
Especially if it is your first time. A lot of LCC students got to field it for the first time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The state track meet is a great experience. I don't think most people have any idea how exciting track and field can be.

I've never watched a track meet. I just haven't been able to get out and go watch one. I wanted to this year though.
I have, but it has been a long time ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Congrats to all, GRAEAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Just remember to keep it up next year, go out and run this summer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!