Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 6 - Letcher Co. Central 2 (53rd District Championship)
KCC wins the 53rd District Championship 6-2 over Letcher @ Letcher, congrats PATS!!
Congrats KCC
If you was there you witness a great game and knott showed the heart and desire to win they wanted it more when it came down to it..Congrats Pats Keep On Rolling...
Who was pitching for KCC?
Blake King. Lcc 2-0 going into the bottom of 6. LCC wheels runs off.
Congrats KCC!
Congrats Patriots! Good luck in region!
Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC. Good luck to both teams in region and great game.
Congrats KCC
Congrats to the Pats, and to New coach Jamie Couch for the first of many 53rd District Championship's. He should of had the job a long time ago.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Congrats to the Pats, and to New coach Jamie Couch for the first of many 53rd District Championship's. He should of had the job a long time ago.

I will give my congrats to the boys on the team. As for Jamie, no. Biggest jerk in KCC sports coaching history.

The only reason KCC is winning is because they have the boys from JBS. Those boys made the difference. Anyone could have coached this team and won.

Good luck in the region.
Coach Hammonds didn't do very much with almost the same team. Does 3 players, pretty much just 2, make a 20 win difference? I don't think so. The whole attitude has changed over their. And the kids are better for that very reason. Just give the man some credit, goodness.
Tough game LCC. Let's Hope we can play like we are capable of doing in the region.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Coach Hammonds didn't do very much with almost the same team. Does 3 players, pretty much just 2, make a 20 win difference? I don't think so. The whole attitude has changed over their. And the kids are better for that very reason. Just give the man some credit, goodness.
3 players.

Hammonds never had the support from the admin there at Knott. Yea, there is a new attitude. When Hammonds was there he had to fight for everything he got. He bought a lot of the equipment that the kids used. The kids knew that they, as a team, DID NOT have the school's support. Now that Jamie is there, the school is backing them. That's a whole different attitude. If Knott would have had the support of the school back 3-4 years ago, the team that Hammonds had would have won a couple of more districts and maybe even a region. It brought those kids down knowing that the school could have cared less if the baseball team existed or not.

I hope these boys can go as far as their heart's desire. But I will not support Couch. And yes, those JBS players made the difference. Let's take the Yanks for instance. Starting out this season, they were not the best. Now that ARod is back they are doing better. 1 player made the difference. (I know this is HS not pro.) 3 players will and can make a difference in a team.
All LCC until the bottom of the 6th. Good heart to come back for KCC. Two tough draws in the region.
Jeter_theman Wrote:3 players.

Hammonds never had the support from the admin there at Knott. Yea, there is a new attitude. When Hammonds was there he had to fight for everything he got. He bought a lot of the equipment that the kids used. The kids knew that they, as a team, DID NOT have the school's support. Now that Jamie is there, the school is backing them. That's a whole different attitude. If Knott would have had the support of the school back 3-4 years ago, the team that Hammonds had would have won a couple of more districts and maybe even a region. It brought those kids down knowing that the school could have cared less if the baseball team existed or not.

I hope these boys can go as far as their heart's desire. But I will not support Couch. And yes, those JBS players made the difference. Let's take the Yanks for instance. Starting out this season, they were not the best. Now that ARod is back they are doing better. 1 player made the difference. (I know this is HS not pro.) 3 players will and can make a difference in a team.

You are crazy if you think 3 players can change a team. I mean are you kidding me? Really. Just take defeat and go on with it. A TEAM is a TEAM - a team does not consist of three players bub. Knott Co.'s team beat Letcher (3 times) - not three boys. In the inning they got all 6 runs, they went through the entire batting cycle and half of another. New players can help - but it takes a team to win games. Any sports fan knows that. So take the loss and go on.
A good pitcher, catcher, and SS or CF can change a lot of teams. If you don't three players can change a team, take Searcy, Grigsby, and Meehan off of Hazard, or Freeman, Benedict, and Fagin off of Estill and tell me if they are the same team.
PATS2011 Wrote:You are crazy if you think 3 players can change a team. I mean are you kidding me? Really. Just take defeat and go on with it. A TEAM is a TEAM - a team does not consist of three players bub. Knott Co.'s team beat Letcher (3 times) - not three boys. In the inning they got all 6 runs, they went through the entire batting cycle and half of another. New players can help - but it takes a team to win games. Any sports fan knows that. So take the loss and go on.
Got me all wrong dude. I'm not an LCC fan. Just stating the obvious. I have forgotten more about baseball than you could learn in a lifetime. I know about sports, I know baseball... 3 players can change a team.
jeter the man u think couch is a jerk?? i really hope that was a joke or u r just an idiot one cause ive played for couch all season and idk many coaches that could treat u much better than he does ..ohh maybe its possible that u had a kid on the team that quit cause he wasnt good enough to play on this team maybe thats y u think he is a jerk:thatsfunn
baseball18 Wrote:jeter the man u think couch is a jerk?? i really hope that was a joke or u r just an idiot one cause ive played for couch all season and idk many coaches that could treat u much better than he does ..ohh maybe its possible that u had a kid on the team that quit cause he wasnt good enough to play on this team maybe thats y u think he is a jerk:thatsfunn

Once again, someone has me pegged wrong. No kid on the team, never have, never will. Don't even have a kid in high school. I've known him for along time. Just know how he is. If he is treating you guys great, great. I'm glad that he is.

As for the kid that you mentioned, I've seen the kid play. And to say he wasn't good enough, well, just shows you are probably a JBS product. The play this kid made in the district last year was great. And if I am not mistaken, the last 3 years that he played, he only had 5-6 errors. I'll give you that he wasn't a great batter (which brings to mind the 2007 district game against Jenkins. He gave Knott hope by dragging out an at bat to walk with 2 outs and the next batter drove in 2 runs.). My guess why he didn't play this season was because Couch had a beef with his parents. Typical Couch fashion. Take it out on a kid.
i played with this kid 3 years at kcc while hammonds was the coach and he never seen the field until last year bc they didnt have anyone else who could play period that is the only reason he played at all and wow he had a good at bat against jenkins he should be playing pro ball i guess then shouldnt..and as far as errors this kid made 5-6 errors everyday in practice that is really the type of player that she be on the field :lmao:
Guys, it doesn't matter who played, what all happened before, during the season..The bottom line is, is that KCC beat us 3 times..IT is what it is..They are the 53rd district champions because they deserve it. Now we start another type of season! Best of Luck to all..GO COUGARS! GOTTA BELIEVE!
baseball18 Wrote:i played with this kid 3 years at kcc while hammonds was the coach and he never seen the field until last year bc they didnt have anyone else who could play period that is the only reason he played at all and wow he had a good at bat against jenkins he should be playing pro ball i guess then shouldnt..and as far as errors this kid made 5-6 errors everyday in practice that is really the type of player that she be on the field :lmao:

This is hilarious and yea im going to have to agree with you on this one. If you can have a good at bat against Jenkins' pitching staff then you are definetely doing somthing right, haha! Very possibly he may not even see the minor leagues and get called up from the jump. :HitWall: haha! There is baseball outside of eastern kentucky, but you know after looking at Jenkins' schedule as well as KCC's, the farthest east either one of them traveled was Magoffin County. That is unbelievable! I understand completely after last year's record KCC need to water down their schedule, but until you start playing better competition, a district championship is the best you'll ever do.
Jeter_theman Wrote:I will give my congrats to the boys on the team. As for Jamie, no. Biggest jerk in KCC sports coaching history.

The only reason KCC is winning is because they have the boys from JBS. Those boys made the difference. Anyone could have coached this team and won.

Good luck in the region.

TS don't you think it's time you let this go? It's not Coach's fault your kid quit the Patriot baseball team...You slam the Patriot athletic teams every chance you get,,,Get over it!

Best of luck to the KCC baseball team in Regional tournament!
Captain Crook Wrote:TS don't you think it's time you let this go? It's not Coach's fault your kid quit the Patriot baseball team...You slam the Patriot athletic teams every chance you get,,,Get over it!

Best of luck to the KCC baseball team in Regional tournament!

I have no idea who this Jeter_theman is, nor do I care. But I do know who he isn't and that is me which you speak of Crook. I am the the boy's father that baseball 18 and you, are speaking about. I haven't posted on BGR in over a year. I do lurk around to seek what's going on.

The mess with my son and the coach is done and over with, I think. I use to have a lot of respect for Jamie, but I lost that after reading some post on here from some of his team, not all, just a couple, and letting those thugs in the stands say things to other teams players. Not baseball man. Not at all. Baseball is about respect and playing to the best of your ability and respecting the other team. I haven't seen that out of Knott. But that's a new era for them. And it's ok.

My son was slammed on Hindman Topix a few weeks ago. I had to get on there and threaten a law suit. Let's not go there here. If you have proof of what you are saying 18(EP) and Crook, so be it. You better back it up.

We have moved on. The team is doing good and I am happy for you guys. The KCC team from last year, I will suport you. Good luck in the region.

Jeter_theman... thanks for taking up for my kid. He has been through a lot this past year. Too much. :Thumbs:

One more thing... Jack rabbit slim, this is for your viewing pleasure about the 2007 Jenkins team. Look over the schedule they had, remember who they had on that team.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/**.../?id=23997 If the link doesn't work go to KHSAA baseball scoreboard and choose the 2007 scoreboard in the drop down box labeled "Select another scoreboard".
Come on man, its obvious you are both Jeter and baseball dad. You can have more than one account. Nice try though. ha ha You would be the only person to know all about the kids stats, at bats, etc. So, just move on man, Kcc plays the game the right way, just ask the opposing coaches around the region.
What was KCC's finishing record?
ok baseball dad u had to threaten a law suit when ur son was the one on there trashing our coach wat is ur problem u and ur son both need to get over the fact that he wasnt good enough to play for this team simple as that..and as far as the fans couch told them to not be saying stuff to the other team but that isnt his players that dont have anything to do with him as a coach..so get over it he has done a great job and treats all the players great
Quarterback7 Wrote:Come on man, its obvious you are both Jeter and baseball dad. You can have more than one account. Nice try though. ha ha You would be the only person to know all about the kids stats, at bats, etc. So, just move on man, Kcc plays the game the right way, just ask the opposing coaches around the region.

LOL... this has gotten to be comical.

Look guys... I live in Perry County. While I do have kids, they are grown, married and have children of their own. Sheesh... let's stop with the conspiracy theories. Wait.. let's not. An old man needs a good laugh every once in a while.:Clap:
If...Then Wrote:What was KCC's finishing record?

22-4 overall... 16-3 in the region.