Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Wall Commits To Kentucky
cj2561 Wrote:By the i take it, he isn't that good to play were the big boys play..... Duke didn't want him. The SEC and PAC-10 were they go to play D-1 basketball. When they can't play with the other 4 conf.
:BigLaugh: It's like listening to someone talk with their mouth full. I'm sure his judge of basketball skills are just as good as his vocabulary skills.:lmao:
cj2561 Wrote:By the i take it, he isn't that good to play were the big boys play..... Duke didn't want him. The SEC and PAC-10 were they go to play D-1 basketball. When they can't play with the other 4 conf.

Lol? duke Didnt Want Him? North Carolina never had A chance, Your Coach Roy Williams Called him from his hotel during the final 4. kentucky basketball is back and everyone is scared to death
beasy_bo Wrote:only reason he's coming now is because he made a promise to his dad before he died. but i think he'll benfit alot more than what he thinks from college

I agree. College is a learning experience!
Duke didn't want him?!?!?!??!

So a team with NO POINT GUARD ON THEIR ROSTER, who even had to self report a NCAA violation due to their recruitment of said player, did not want him? Duke gave up recruiting Bledsoe and every other point guard so they would not scare wall away.

Meanwhile, the comment about playing where the big boys are. His Final 3 was Miami (ACC), UK, and Duke (ACC), Additionally, UNC actively went after him but Clifton basically forbade Wall from even coming within an earshot distance of Williams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Duke didn't want him?!?!?!??!

So a team with NO POINT GUARD ON THEIR ROSTER, who even had to self report a NCAA violation due to their recruitment of said player, did not want him? Duke gave up recruiting Bledsoe and every other point guard so they would not scare wall away.

Meanwhile, the comment about playing where the big boys are. His Final 3 was Miami (ACC), UK, and Duke (ACC), Additionally, UNC actively went after him but Clifton basically forbade Wall from even coming within an earshot distance of Williams.

Thank You!! :Thumbs:

So easy a Tar Heels fan can do it. Seriously dude, just say ug or grunt a couple of times it would make more sense.:blabbermo
Is easy to see UK is back on the map, haters galore are coming out of the woodwork. It's great. :biggrin:
Haters keep on hating. theVILLE will lead the pack!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Haters keep on hating. theVILLE will lead the pack!

Actually, I seem to like the "theVille", he is just trying to get a rise out of his fellow Kentuckians. He knows us UK fans would "rather be dead than red". At least he is a Kentuckian for a Kentucky team, unlike some other traitors on here.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol? duke Didnt Want Him? North Carolina never had A chance, Your Coach Roy Williams Called him from his hotel during the final 4. kentucky basketball is back and everyone is scared to death

NC will win another title before UK win one.... It will take more then a coach to help UK basketball out....
It is so funny that everyone of UK fans talking about how good of a coach that Tubby was.... The last few season that Tubby was there, everone was downing him..... It was the same thing about the last coach.... If this one don't work out. Everone that is talking good about him now... will be downing him then........ Most people don't know what a true fan is..... Football, you so call fans. What to run him out of town. but now they think he is the best coach out there....... ONLY IN KENTUCKY.
bigjim4packers Wrote:So easy a Tar Heels fan can do it. Seriously dude, just say ug or grunt a couple of times it would make more sense.:blabbermo

I guess you are mad, because NC will past UK up after this season comming....
cj2561 Wrote:NC will win another title before UK win one.... It will take more then a coach to help UK basketball out....
It is so funny that everyone of UK fans talking about how good of a coach that Tubby was.... The last few season that Tubby was there, everone was downing him..... It was the same thing about the last coach.... If this one don't work out. Everone that is talking good about him now... will be downing him then........ Most people don't know what a true fan is..... Football, you so call fans. What to run him out of town. but now they think he is the best coach out there....... ONLY IN KENTUCKY.

:doughnutc You just got yourself a ticket. TongueoliceLig
eagle dad 2014 Wrote::BigLaugh: It's like listening to someone talk with their mouth full. I'm sure his judge of basketball skills are just as good as his vocabulary skills.:lmao:

If you think this is funny. Just wait till football season starts.:yikes:
cj2561 Wrote:I guess you are mad, because NC will past UK up after this season comming....

past us up???? comming??? BUY A DICTIONARY!!!
Walls commitment for UK means that they are a legit elite 8 team next year. If Meeks come back then they will be in the race for the National Title. ALot hangs on wheather or not Meeks does return.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
TheRealVille Wrote:Actually, I seem to like the "theVille", he is just trying to get a rise out of his fellow Kentuckians. He knows us UK fans would "rather be dead than red". At least he is a Kentuckian for a Kentucky team, unlike some other traitors on here.

WOW FINALLYS SOMEONE SEES SOMETHING MY WAY....I mean I take the team in ky and not Duke or Unc and am hated on here....but I take the rival of the team in UK that has beat them the past two years and they hate me even more....HATER KEEP ON HATING THAT BECAUSE OUTDOORSMAN43 will lead the back...

to outdoorsman 43
However you are right theVILLE will lead the pack this upcoming year...Im gald to see that you are finally seeing the light:Clap: :Cheerlead :Clap: :Cheerlead :flame:
theVILLE Wrote:WOW FINALLYS SOMEONE SEES SOMETHING MY WAY....I mean I take the team in ky and not Duke or Unc and am hated on here....but I take the rival of the team in UK that has beat them the past two years and they hate me even more....HATER KEEP ON HATING THAT BECAUSE OUTDOORSMAN43 will lead the back...

to outdoorsman 43
However you are right theVILLE will lead the pack this upcoming year...Im gald to see that you are finally seeing the light:Clap: :Cheerlead :Clap: :Cheerlead :flame:

WATCH OUT THAT LIGHT MAY ME A TRAIN.
bigjim4packers Wrote:WATCH OUT THAT LIGHT MAY ME A TRAIN.

Might be but I doubt it....
cj2561 Wrote:NC will win another title before UK win one.... It will take more then a coach to help UK basketball out....

This is coming from a guy whos program and fans just ran off one of the greatest coaches the SEC has ever seen. Might want yo rethink your statement because it looks like you all were happy when Fulmer was winning championships with Manning, then ran him off a year after they were in the SEC championship?:please:

Just so you know many of the fans have backed Brooks since his coming to Kentucky. If it had not been for some fans and boosters not standing up for Brooks Barnhart and Todd would have ditched him before the 06 season. It was the admin who wanted Brooks gone they are the ones who were on the push to get him out not the fans. If you are going to make an argument you may want to have some facts to back it up.

As for basketball UNC is going to be another contender, as they are year in and year out. Dean Smith had really established a even stronger foundation than they had before which is nice to see. However, many Duke/UNC/UofL fans are really shying away from how good this Kentucky team will be. Either that or they are just indenial.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is coming from a guy whos program and fans just ran off one of the greatest coaches the SEC has ever seen. Might want yo rethink your statement because it looks like you all were happy when Fulmer was winning championships with Manning, then ran him off a year after they were in the SEC championship?:please:

Just so you know many of the fans have backed Brooks since his coming to Kentucky. If it had not been for some fans and boosters not standing up for Brooks Barnhart and Todd would have ditched him before the 06 season. It was the admin who wanted Brooks gone they are the ones who were on the push to get him out not the fans. If you are going to make an argument you may want to have some facts to back it up.

As for basketball UNC is going to be another contender, as they are year in and year out. Dean Smith had really established a even stronger foundation than they had before which is nice to see. However, many Duke/UNC/UofL fans are really shying away from how good this Kentucky team will be. Either that or they are just indenial.
I'm a UNC fan, and UK is loaded but thats what makes for great games!! I cant wait till they play, should be a great game!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is coming from a guy whos program and fans just ran off one of the greatest coaches the SEC has ever seen. Might want yo rethink your statement because it looks like you all were happy when Fulmer was winning championships with Manning, then ran him off a year after they were in the SEC championship?:please:

Not so. It was the media and all of the expert coaches on these web sites and on the call in shows that were absolutely frying Brooks and hanging him in effigy. It was the administration that held it's guns and stayed the course with Brooks.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Not so. It was the media and all of the expert coaches on these web sites and on the call in shows that were absolutely frying Brooks and hanging him in effigy. It was the administration that held it's guns and stayed the course with Brooks.

:Thumbs:
Wall to UK, Wall to UK lol
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Not so. It was the media and all of the expert coaches on these web sites and on the call in shows that were absolutely frying Brooks and hanging him in effigy. It was the administration that held it's guns and stayed the course with Brooks.

its funny that you say that because the heros Todd and Barnhart had actually set up a meeting prior to the announcemnt that Brooks would remain as the coach. That meeting in fact was to talk to the Boosters on firing Brooks. One booster in particular one who pumps ALOT of money into the program (someone I know very well who flys on the team jet to away games, and is on the side line for most games) stood up and took up for Brooks and said if Brooks went his money went to. Trust me that one booster would have left a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE dent in the football fund. Now with that said during that season many of the people we tailgate with which on the norm consists of 50 to 60 people including the Brooks family all had signs and shirts in support of Brooks. One banner flew from a suite in the East endzone. Now with that said, yes the media were hard on brooks and some fans were. However, it was more a 50/50 fight, and hate to bust your bubble but the "saviors" are not all they are cracked up to be.TongueirateSho
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:its funny that you say that because the heros Todd and Barnhart had actually set up a meeting prior to the announcemnt that Brooks would remain as the coach. That meeting in fact was to talk to the Boosters on firing Brooks. One booster in particular one who pumps ALOT of money into the program (someone I know very well who flys on the team jet to away games, and is on the side line for most games) stood up and took up for Brooks and said if Brooks went his money went to. Trust me that one booster would have left a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE dent in the football fund. Now with that said during that season many of the people we tailgate with which on the norm consists of 50 to 60 people including the Brooks family all had signs and shirts in support of Brooks. One banner flew from a suite in the East endzone. Now with that said, yes the media were hard on brooks and some fans were. However, it was more a 50/50 fight, ando hate to bust your bubble but the "saviors" are not all they are cracked up tbe.:PirateSho

Bust my bubble? ....haha

Similar to a most of your SlamaBammaRambla...Not even close.

TongueirateSho ...back atcha.
Are we talking about Brooks or John Wall coming to UK?
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
If Meeks isn't in the first round, then he is back. We need to remember that there is a lot of international players that will be drafted also.

Tenn fans, didn't run Fulmer off. The school did... If it was the fans that wanted him out, way did 100K fans there to watch his last game.... I would be at that game, but i have to work that night.... You are right about one thing, Fulmer is one of the top 5 coaches from the SEC.

No coach is going to come in, and start winning right off the back. Rick first year at UK was 14-14... they got in trouble the year before that, and it take him a few years to get the players to come back.... Tubby only won the title his first year, because he has the one of the top 2 teams that year.... Everone want to see UK and UNC for the title that year... But Utah beat UNC out....
I want UK to skip football season all together and just go on to basketball :lmao:
I can't wait to see what Coach Cal and the team have in store for us!
Wounder if we will get new uniforms.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]