Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Souther 35 Johnson Central 28
I believe turnovers was the key in this one. am I right??
Yes Turnovers were key. JC radio had them with 5 turnovers, 3 of which Ints by Music. MS had only 1 turnover and that was with 2 mins or less to go in the game which gave JC a chance to tie the game.
Thanks TC68 I thought it was you that posted it but I couldn't remember where or the details.
This senior class for JC has been through a lot as Fresh. they were 2-8, as Soph. they were 1-9 as jrs. they were 7-3 and they ended their sr year at 8-3. You guys have started something great that no one can ever take away from you. BE PROUD of what you have accomplished over the last 2 years.
I seen from other threads that some people (esp. in the Ashland area) do not like Matney for what ever reason from the past. Coach Matney and his Staff (sorry I can't name all of them) have done a outstanding job at JC and the kids love him.
With the Coaching staff, the kids and support from Johnson County community great things will happen in the near future for the Eagles
Old School Wrote:This senior class for JC has been through a lot as Fresh. they were 2-8, as Soph. they were 1-9 as jrs. they were 7-3 and they ended their sr year at 8-3. You guys have started something great that no one can ever take away from you. BE PROUD of what you have accomplished over the last 2 years.
I seen from other threads that some people (esp. in the Ashland area) do not like Matney for what ever reason from the past. Coach Matney and his Staff (sorry I can't name all of them) have done a outstanding job at JC and the kids love him.
With the Coaching staff, the kids and support from Johnson County community great things will happen in the near future for the Eagles

good post old school:thumb:
Elm street Wrote:I believe turnovers was the key in this one. am I right??

Yes it was. And no mud cleats either, so how about just leave it aone. I don't hear any JC people running their mouths about that still, just SOME of you Ashland folk.
Congrats to MS, they have probably the fastest defense I have EVER played against. Also, they hit extremely hard too. Good luck against Bell!
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Congrats to MS, they have probably the fastest defense I have EVER played against. Also, they hit extremely hard too. Good luck against Bell!

you think they can knock off bell?
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Yes it was. And no mud cleats either, so how about just leave it aone. I don't hear any JC people running their mouths about that still, just SOME of you Ashland folk.

Why didnt you all take mud cleats JC?
eleveneleven Wrote:Why didnt you all take mud cleats JC?

When???
Considering how the last Madison Bell game went I'd say it's going to be a barnburner.
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:When???

:lol:
Hey JCRM#17
Why did the #8 jersey get used tonight? and
Do you think MS is the best team JC has played this season?
JC, I know you upset man. But hats off to a fine season. You sure were an enjoyable to watch. Players like you make me proud to be from the mountains. I got a good feeling well get to see alot more of you on the next level. Best of luck to you JC.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Hey JCRM#17
Why did the #8 jersey get used tonight? and
Do you think MS is the best team JC has played this season?

I don't have a #17 jersey. It was stolen after the Apple Bowl.

I don't think MS is the best team we have played. They have the best defense but Ashland is probably overall better. MS is going to be the team to beat from their district. Good luck to both Ashland and Madison.
torQQue Wrote:JC, I know you upset man. But hats off to a fine season. You sure were an enjoyable to watch. Players like you make me proud to be from the mountains. I got a good feeling well get to see alot more of you on the next level. Best of luck to you JC.

Thanks a lot, just can't believe it is over. Feels like we were at summer camp in Geogetown yesterday.

I used to dread going to practice but now I'm dying to go back.
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Thanks a lot, just can't believe it is over. Feels like we were at summer camp in Geogetown yesterday.

I know the feeling man. It flies by. Its so hard walking off the HS field for the last time. I hope you all do ateam get together and they pack you seniors off the field. You deserve it man.

You are planning to play at the next level, right? I really hope you decide to say close to home.
That's messed up someone would get your jersey. I know I was attached to my number. Thanks. Good Luck the rest of the academic year and in college. Take Care
Tough loss, i expected JC to win this game.........
the best team won this game..i had a bad feeling that madison southern would win it
I'm going to try my best to play at the next level. My main plan is to go to a D-2 most likely for 2 years than transfer to a D-1 school my junior and senior year. Wait until I get a little more bulk!

I LOVE all of you other seniors:
SEAN MUSIC, JEREMY CURTIS, JACOB HOWARD, VANCE BALDWIN, JASON BLANTON, DERRICK FLINCHUM, AND SCOTT PARRIGIN!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:I'm going to try my best to play at the next level. My main plan is to go to a D-2 most likely for 2 years than transfer to a D-1 school my junior and senior year. Wait until I get a little more bulk!

SEAN MUSIC, JEREMY CURTIS, JACOB HOWARD, VANCE BALDWIN, JASON BLANTON, DERRICK FLINCHUM, AND SCOTT PARRIGIN!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!

I know I've said it before You guys have a lot to be proud of tell everyone to keep working hard toward their goals. Hopefully everyone will attend college somewhere. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:I'm going to try my best to play at the next level. My main plan is to go to a D-2 most likely for 2 years than transfer to a D-1 school my junior and senior year. Wait until I get a little more bulk!

Good luck #17. Nice shout out to your fellow team mates as well :worthy: This mountain man hates to see you go.
congrats on a great season JC, and best of luck to you #17 at the next level, you have gave us some enjoyable moments over your fine career and i will be looking for you on saturdays now
congradulations johnson central on a great season you seniors laid the ground work that turned around a program your all great young men good luck in what ever you do. as for the mud cleat, feild goal, jim matney, 6 inches of mud on the field stuff.

MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT RIVALRY.................... SEE YA NEXT YEAR
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Thanks a lot, just can't believe it is over. Feels like we were at summer camp in Geogetown yesterday.

wait a few years you think you are dying to go back now just wait till it really sets in trust me i played in college too and it was nothing like steppin on the field in high school with your brothers college isn't near as fun or will not mean near as much to you but good luck in football and life .....and also football isn't everything i thought it was, go to college and don't try to ride the football through go to class and get a degree i was in college in the fall of 03 and now i have 2 kids and a wife and working in the coal mines and i wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe the coal mines
Congratulations seniors on a great season. Were gonna miss you. Good luck at the next level.
Old School Wrote:This senior class for JC has been through a lot as Fresh. they were 2-8, as Soph. they were 1-9 as jrs. they were 7-3 and they ended their sr year at 8-3. You guys have started something great that no one can ever take away from you. BE PROUD of what you have accomplished over the last 2 years.

I've always been taught that a man's actions speak volumes about his character. Maybe you are chosing to ignore what happened at Putnam Stadium two weeks ago...but the Ashland faithful won't. Matney should have been talking up the positive aspects to his kids, about how well they played in that game instead of talking about Ashland's cleats, the mystery mud (i was on the field that night with my son...it was wet for sure but 6 inches of mud...no way) and arguing about a missed FG. Maybe he was trying to use these things as motivation for his team but dwelling on the negative only breeds negativity. Great season JC players and good luck next year.Confusedalute:
great season JC.
TomcatDad81 Wrote:I've always been taught that a man's actions speak volumes about his character. Maybe you are chosing to ignore what happened at Putnam Stadium two weeks ago...but the Ashland faithful won't. Matney should have been talking up the positive aspects to his kids, about how well they played in that game instead of talking about Ashland's cleats, the mystery mud (i was on the field that night with my son...it was wet for sure but 6 inches of mud...no way) and arguing about a missed FG. Maybe he was trying to use these things as motivation for his team but dwelling on the negative only breeds negativity. Great season JC players and good luck next year.Confusedalute:
I agree a man's actions will tell you about his character and I will say that this man has character. Just because a team comes into Historic Putnam Stadium and almost beats your great Tomcats you have to go on and on about the missed FG and the field conditions. If the roles had be reversed and Ashland had missed a FG to tie the game would Coach Hart not have argued the call, If he is the coach you say he is I'm sure he would I know I would have. As far as dwelling on these things go it seems like there are more Ashland fans talking about the mud and missed fg than anybody else.