Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did UK Turn Down a 5 Star Guard in the 2009 Class?
Calipari openly stated in an interview earlier this week that he wants "givers" and not "takers". He went on to mention there was a highly touted player in this years class who they said "no thank you" to when he told him he wanted to come to UK and play.

Another article stated that following Xavier Henry's committment to Kansas that Lance Stephenson's handlers contacted Calipari.

Stephenson has postponed his college decision for a while now so it appears that Calipari turned down a committment from the Top 10 superstar who has publicly been noted as being a "me first" type of player.
I haven't heard anything about this.
Henry did sign with Kansas but wasnt turned down by Kentucky..
After all Coach Cali recruit him for Memphis in the first place.
Solid Oxygen Wrote:Henry did sign with Kansas but wasn't turned down by Kentucky..
After all Coach Cali recruit him for Memphis in the first place.

He was talking about Lance Stephenson from Brooklyn's Lincolin high school!!
lil dog Wrote:He was talking about Lance Stephenson from Brooklyn's Lincolin high school!!

Wow just ignore my post, i must be out of my head tonight lol:lmao:
SolidOxygen Wrote:Wow just ignore my post, i must be out of my head tonight lol:lmao:

No big deal we all read em wrong sometimes.....:rockon:
MisterPerfect Wrote:I haven't heard anything about this.
See below
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2...-turn.html

This was posted on KSR earlier this week:
(4): Finally, Calipari had a luncheon today at the Craft Center with donors and two people there both told me that he talked about a number of subjects. One of his main points was that he recruits givers and not takers. He said that there is a top 10 recruit “begging” to come to Kentucky but that he was a “taker” and thus wasnt interested in him. We all can guess who that is (Lance Stephenson?) but I do like the attitude expressed. That is a good way to look at top players and I hope Calipari keeps consistent with that theme.
yea there is no (I) in team
EKUAlum05 Wrote:See below
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2...-turn.html

This was posted on KSR earlier this week:
(4): Finally, Calipari had a luncheon today at the Craft Center with donors and two people there both told me that he talked about a number of subjects. One of his main points was that he recruits givers and not takers. He said that there is a top 10 recruit “begging” to come to Kentucky but that he was a “taker” and thus wasnt interested in him. We all can guess who that is (Lance Stephenson?) but I do like the attitude expressed. That is a good way to look at top players and I hope Calipari keeps consistent with that theme.

Thanks for the link.
cuppett777 Wrote:yea there is no (I) in team

But there is a ME in team.
Lance Stephenson's "handlers" did contact UK because the kid doesn't know where to go because he is down to schools like Maryland and St. Johns because he is being recruited over at other schools. That reason is because he comes with a lot of problems and that just doesn't include grades, he may be good but Cal can find people that have their ish together rather than those that are going to be disgruntled and a thorn in the *** of the program.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Lance Stephenson's "handlers" did contact UK because the kid doesn't know where to go because he is down to schools like Maryland and St. Johns because he is being recruited over at other schools. That reason is because he comes with a lot of problems and that just doesn't include grades, he may be good but Cal can find people that have their ish together rather than those that are going to be disgruntled and a thorn in the *** of the program.

I believe this is a good call by coach to not recruit him.
personally i haven't liked him at all. he is a selfish player that can play but he just isn't a good listener. IMO i was talking with my family about him and neither really care to much for him. we don't need another morris!!!
cuppett777 Wrote:yea there is no (I) in team

Ain't no WE either lol
mrfootball03 Wrote:Ain't no WE either lol
dont need we you already team
beasy_bo Wrote:personally i haven't liked him at all. he is a selfish player that can play but he just isn't a good listener. IMO i was talking with my family about him and neither really care to much for him. we don't need another morris!!!

I agree.what I seen he does not play well without the ball, as long as its in his hands he is tough! Your coach Cal is a smart man he would be more trouble than he would be worth his attitude is awful JMO!!!!!
sorry to get off the subject but I think you should update your favorite NBA team kybaseball :Thumbs:
ok you guys are complaining about this lance guy when john wall was just sighted with a 16 year old girl leaving a home for sale, (breaking and entering), hmm, sounds like both these star recruits has there problems, and john wall is a taker, hes a 1 and done,
Stephenson = Head Case