Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall/Bledsoe update
The Palm Beach Post is reporting that John Wall told a UM coach that his final two schools would be Miami and UK...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/conte...nce_t.html

Eric Bledsoe stated that Memphis and UK is the final two schools on his list, and that he would make a descision next week. He also noted that it didnt bother him to be Plan B behind Wall, and that he would love to play on the same team as Wall...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/200...ing-needs/
This is great to hear. And I really respect Bledsoe because he doesn't care to be a Plan B behind Wall. When usually these big time players want to be #1 wherever they go.
Who says that bledsoe wouldnt start over wall???? and wall says he is considering Baylor Duke, UNC, Kansas and Memphis two and was expecting to narrow down this week!!
theVILLE Wrote:Who says that bledsoe wouldnt start over wall???? and wall says he is considering Baylor Duke, UNC, Kansas and Memphis two and was expecting to narrow down this week!!

Wall truly is a phenom.... he could probably start at PG for a few NBA teams. Wall immediately makes UK a National Title Contender, but to be honest I think Bledsoe would be better for UK in the long run.

If Meeks goes pro it would not shock me to see both Wall and Bledsoe start at the same time.

But all of this has alot of variables. Bledsoe still has to qualify, UK still has to make room, and although Wall nd Bledsoe are both probable to end up at UK, when it comes to recruiting nothing is a done deal.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wall truly is a phenom.... he could probably start for at PG for a few NBA teams. Wall immediately makes UK a National Title Contender, but to be honest I think Bledso would be better for UK in the long run.

If Meeks goes pro it would not shock me to see both Wall and Bledsoe start at the same time.

But all of this has alot of variables. Bledsoe still has to qualify, UK still has to make room, and althoughWalla nd Bledsoe are both probable to end up at UK, when it comes ot recruiting nothing is a done deal.

Good statement.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wall truly is a phenom.... he could probably start at PG for a few NBA teams. Wall immediately makes UK a National Title Contender, but to be honest I think Bledsoe would be better for UK in the long run.

But all of this has alot of variables. Bledsoe still has to qualify, UK still has to make room, and although Wall nd Bledsoe are both probable to end up at UK, when it comes to recruiting nothing is a done deal.

Well said!! :Thumbs:
bring them both
can't wait!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wall truly is a phenom.... he could probably start at PG for a few NBA teams. Wall immediately makes UK a National Title Contender, but to be honest I think Bledsoe would be better for UK in the long run.

Making room will be no problem. As Coach Cal said, "If you can't play, I can't hide you."
Any word on when Wall is planning on narrowing down his list? I would love to have him don't get me wrong, but this is getting old, its not that hard to pick a school that your only going to be going to for one year and then leaving. Bledsoe would be better for the program because of the fact he will stay more than one year and he will have a chance to develope under coach Cal. I can dream we get them both.
Wall is one and done. Though he gives us instant credibility at PG, he will only be playing for his draft stock. Give me Bledsoe. At least we have a chance to build something around him for a two, possibly three year span that we would have him. Let Wall go someplace else for his year.
Wall has put off his narrowing of his list again. Bledsoe is rumored to make a college choice wendesday.
Well the saga continues, scroll down to the bottom and you will find this on Kentucky Ink.

http://kentuckyink.com/index.php/ki-blog...lings.html
- Lastly, on the tail end of a slow news weekend, I spoke with my source tonight on the John Wall situation.
And despite Wall telling Jerry Meyer he would wait a week to trim his list, the source said Wall to UK is already 'done.'
Not done in the sense that UK has no chance, done in the sense that you will see Wall in Kentucky blue next season. - Chris Fisher
Well this story literally just broke, I saw it on both John Clay and Matt Jones twitter. Apparently Mr. Wall has been charged with breaking and entering.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5075734/
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Well this story literally just broke, I saw it on both John Clay and Matt Jones twitter. Apparently Mr. Wall has been charged with breaking and entering.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5075734/

LOL, what a hoot!
Bledsoe is announcing his college choice on wednesday! Wall is only being sited, hasn't been formally charged with anything.
Give me Bledsoe, let Wall Walk
Stardust Wrote:LOL, what a hoot!

YEah he may steal something at UK.... bring him on he has a scholarship in the prison before you know it
This is the first time the kid messed up. Give him a break, people mess up everyday, no one is perfect. From what I have read about this, the house was abandoned and other kids hung out over there, there were two other people cited along with Wall when it ocurred. Lets not pass judgement when we dont even know all the fact about what went on.
According to Matt Jones the house he broke into was foreclosed so that's not as bad in my eyes, and he was apparently wanting to get it on lol, I guess he has to do it somewhere and with all eyes on him he had to hide. Bledsoe also was quoted as saying he wouldn't care to play with Wall and it would have no affect on his decision whatsoever.
wait until we know the facts completely before we past judgment on this young man.
cougarpride08 Wrote:wait until we know the facts completely before we past judgment on this young man.

Agreed!! :Thumbs:
BlackcatFootball Wrote:According to Matt Jones the house he broke into was foreclosed so that's not as bad in my eyes, and he was apparently wanting to get it on lol, I guess he has to do it somewhere and with all eyes on him he had to hide. Bledsoe also was quoted as saying he wouldn't care to play with Wall and it would have no affect on his decision whatsoever.
This is probably the case, but he has to watch his step because all eyes are on him right now. I don't know if Coach Cal will/should deal with this right now. I say get Bledsoe, he will be better for UK in the long run.
cougarpride08 Wrote:wait until we know the facts completely before we past judgment on this young man.

I totally agree.

The police caught him coming out of a house that wasn't his. What else is to know? Then again, somone might have given him a key.
The house is in foreclosure, and Wall were amoung three people that we cited, and then charged later with a misdamenor breaking and entering. The whole thing could be dismissed and nothing would ever happen, and if he is charged and convicted the most he would get is paying a fine. Its really not a big deal.
19 year old doing what 19 year olds do, no big deal. I agree hands down with Stardust. I would rather build than to host. It would be nice to have Wall but just like on the lake i want structure.
Hilbily Wrote:19 year old doing what 19 year olds do, no big deal. I agree hands down with Stardust. I would rather build than to host. It would be nice to have Wall but just like on the lake i want structure.

EXCELLENT Quote! :Thumbs:
wall and bledsoe would make us great again. hard to believe both would come. what a team it would be even without meeks and patterson.
And how will it help us if Bledsoe is ruled ineligable. Without Bledsoe or Wall to run the point we will go through this offseason without getting someone to fill the the biggest void on our team. There are questions that remain unanswered about both kids. So i wouldn't rule out either one just yet.