• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central Coach for 09/10
When is a decision expected to be made on this job, and who are the candidates.

Kind of figured they might look outside of the mountains for this hire.
Candidates (In my opinion and in no particular order)
Bill mike Runyon
Rodney Woods
Cavanaugh Trent
B.B.King
Greg Coldiron
Rodney Woods from Wayne County?
Put Rhett Gibson on the list, very close to the top. Would Honeycutt be interested in this job again???? He was Coach of the Year in the 14th this past year and does a great job with the kids.
A teacher from Perry Central told me that today is the last day that pink slips can be handed out (legally) if Amburgy is not fired today, then the job is his for next season.
The sad part about both the Letcher and Knott jobs is that a young coach like Trent will not get either because the powers that be want a so called big name! What both of these jobs need are someone who is going to be dedicated to the program and look to build a program through hard work and dedication and stay. Older coaches especially those already retired are in it or 1 thing $$$. I am a friend of Coach trent and a former player as far as experience goes as an assistant he has coached in 4 state tournaments, won a state championship as a player, and played college ball as well. He is a proven winner at whatever he has chose to do. He has coached soccer at LCC and took a team from 1-13 to 13-6 and a regional semi-final( with no soccer background,imagine the results in basketball)! He has also been a part of a regional championship in baseball. Ask any Coach that Cavanaugh has worked for, any player that he has coached, and an adminstrator he has ever worked for and they will all say the same thing. He knows his stuff, works hard, and has a relationship with players and parents that is 2nd to no one. I just hope that one day he gets a shot and the the opportunity to prove himself. Good luck coach and thanks for all that you have done for me!!
JMEWLS Wrote:A teacher from Perry Central told me that today is the last day that pink slips can be handed out (legally) if Amburgy is not fired today, then the job is his for next season.

Actually the last day was April 15, unless they put in for an extension until April 30. And that is just if they are no longer going to be teaching. He has already been notified that his coaching at KCC is over unless they don't find anyone else, then he can be hired back, because coaching is a year to year contract, has nothing to do with tenure.
thegr81 Wrote:The sad part about both the Letcher and Knott jobs is that a young coach like Trent will not get either because the powers that be want a so called big name! What both of these jobs need are someone who is going to be dedicated to the program and look to build a program through hard work and dedication and stay. Older coaches especially those already retired are in it or 1 thing $$$. I am a friend of Coach trent and a former player as far as experience goes as an assistant he has coached in 4 state tournaments, won a state championship as a player, and played college ball as well. He is a proven winner at whatever he has chose to do. He has coached soccer at LCC and took a team from 1-13 to 13-6 and a regional semi-final( with no soccer background,imagine the results in basketball)! He has also been a part of a regional championship in baseball. Ask any Coach that Cavanaugh has worked for, any player that he has coached, and an adminstrator he has ever worked for and they will all say the same thing. He knows his stuff, works hard, and has a relationship with players and parents that is 2nd to no one. I just hope that one day he gets a shot and the the opportunity to prove himself. Good luck coach and thanks for all that you have done for me!!
Whats sad is that they already have a young coach who put everything into this team and they just pushed him out the door. When Justin took over at KCC no one would touch it, there wasn't even anyone in the stands. All he's done is win a district title and build the team into a regional power, who's fans outnumber home team fans at away games. I'm not saying Trent is a bad coach, but if you fire someone because of their supposed lack of experience they better not hire someone with 0 head coaching experience.
I was told a decision would be made today.
I was told Dave Fraley was contacted about the job.
Where did Fraley coach before? What was his record? Does anyone know if a decision was announced?
I think Fraley coached at Pulaski Co., if it is the same guy. Someone correct me if I am wrong! Thanks
Big mistake if they hire Fraley, Pulaski hasn't won anything in the 12th since 92.
Fraley won a state title at pulaski, he also coached at Powell county for a while. I think this would be a great hire. Fraley is considered by many to be a top caliber coach. However, he has been out of coaching I believe.
This doesn't make much sense. Why hire a guy that hasn't coached in a few seasons? (I'm not familiar with the guy, so I won't knock him too bad.) Amburgey proved himself. I hate the politics that go on at KCC. They have a great team, why mess with it? Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Heard decision would be made on Thursday. Much talk of transfers. Anyone know what players will try to transfer? Who is really going to be the new guy?????
14 applications to choose from, and they said that their interview process was the worst that some of these coaches have ever went through in their life. It was with a two person panel, the Super and the principal, with the Super getting up and taking phone calls all during some of the interviews. Very disrespectful to these coaches that are trying to get a job. Looks like to me that they were just going through interviews for the heck of it and they already know who they are going to hire, because they really weren't taking the interviews with some of the coaches seriously. I still look for them to hire....... RHETT GIBSON, guess we will see on Thursday, maybe!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:14 applications to choose from, and they said that their interview process was the worst that some of these coaches have ever went through in their life. It was with a two person panel, the Super and the principal, with the Super getting up and taking phone calls all during some of the interviews. Very disrespectful to these coaches that are trying to get a job. Looks like to me that they were just going through interviews for the heck of it and they already know who they are going to hire, because they really weren't taking the interviews with some of the coaches seriously. I still look for them to hire....... RHETT GIBSON, guess we will see on Thursday, maybe!

I have heard Rhetts name mentioned alot also and I think when BMR took his name out Rhett got moved up. I think it will be between Woods, Trent, and Rhett. I think all of these would do a good job but I think Trent would give them more long term stability and be able to do great things in the short term also. Either of these coaches will win 25 games next year and a good shot a the regional title.
Did Coldiron even get an interview?
worker1 Wrote:Did Coldiron even get an interview?

Someone told me it was the most unprofessional thing they have ever been a part of. Like the super and principal didn't care what was going on. Super left halfway throught the interview on a phone call and never came back...:yawn: :yawn:
Knott Co. will never prosper with the current administration. The basketball team will be the kings of mediocrity again after next year. They may be on that track a little sooner than expected if some of their aces transfer like rumored.
kryptonite Wrote:Someone told me it was the most unprofessional thing they have ever been a part of. Like the super and principal didn't care what was going on. Super left halfway throught the interview on a phone call and never came back...:yawn: :yawn:
Knott Co. will never prosper with the current administration. The basketball team will be the kings of mediocrity again after next year. They may be on that track a little sooner than expected if some of their aces transfer like rumored.

Maybe that is who the baseball coach is talking to during games? :biggrin:
Jeter_theman Wrote:Maybe that is who the baseball coach is talking to during games? :biggrin:

Has the baseball coach been on the phone during a game?
kryptonite Wrote:Has the baseball coach been on the phone during a game?

I havent seen him and if he has, he cant be blamed. He has 4 kids to take care of so it was probably one of them if he was ever was. None of this would even be coming up if KCC was losing most of their games like last year.
I guess he is calling up the bullpen!
Jeter_theman Wrote:Maybe that is who the baseball coach is talking to during games? :biggrin:

Who cares who he is talking to during the JV games? Take these comments to the baseball forum. Doubt he could be talking too much with their record.

Maybe he is talking to the KHSAA about another win.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe he is talking to the KHSAA about another win.

Yes, he could have been calling in a varsity score during a jv game. That is completely understandable. I have seen coaches do this and it is ok in my book. Always need to get those wins posted!:Clap:
Jeter_theman Wrote:This doesn't make much sense. Why hire a guy that hasn't coached in a few seasons? (I'm not familiar with the guy, so I won't knock him too bad.) Amburgey proved himself. I hate the politics that go on at KCC. They have a great team, why mess with it? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Amburgey underachieved.
Aslan Wrote:Amburgey underachieved.

How in the heck did Amburgey underachieve? Please explain yourself. He bettered KCC's record every season he was there. His firing was pure politics. Plain and simple truth.
If you cant win with the team they had then you shouldnt be coaching anywheres....it want amburgey that so good its the team....he didnt do anything with them....its all about their team not him
  • 1(current)
  • Next