Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Little League All-stars Location??
Any word yet where it is going to be held this year???????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Do ya mean the local district tourney or the state???

For the district 7 "local" if I were to take a bet... (LMAO).... I would say either Paintsville or Stone Crest in P-burg. ....... As far as state goes... I haven't heard anything....

I do KNOW that last year I was told that the Jr. league state tourney would NOT be held in London again due to circumstances that came to light during and after the tourney. I'm not sure which district will host this year but if I find out, I'll be glad to post!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
The 9/10 and 11/12 year olds are usually played at Paintsville. At least that's what I thought.
The Knott County Sportsplex would be the best place for these tournaments with 3 fields, all tournaments could be held at same location at same time with plenty of parking...but that probably makes too much sense. I've been told they're also building a softball field there.
What are the dates for the tournaments this year 11-12 yr olds and 10 and under.
I just know that the All star selection must be posted on June 15th, I have not heard where the STATE tourney will be held........ OH and what happened at the London Tourney last year,, I guess I am clueless......
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Its going to be a p-brug from what i have heard.
That would save us some money this year,,,,,, thats is of course my boy gets picked and we make it that far.. Anyway I am glad it is on this side of the state this year, the last 2 years were litterally vacations for us...... I hope it happens...

Thanks Much
I think they are just talking about the district likely being in Prestonsburg, Devil., not realizing you were in another district.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I still think if the coaches, players and parents were allowed to decide instead of Arnold, it would be held at eh Sportsplex. When we've played there we've been treated great and other coaches tell me they would vote for it to be there if they were allowed to vote in the decision.
so does anyone know where the 13-14 yr old will be played once the all-stars have been picked???
Hey the Sportsplex on the hilltop out in the country down around Prestonsburg??????
Or Pikevill erea???
I drove past that when we went to play at Leslie County.. that is a noce place to play as I could see.........
If anyone hears the final place for the state tourney please let us know......
The Sportsplex is atop a hilltop in Knott County between Prestonsburg and Hazard. Its a great sports complex. A natural for 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14 tournaments. All at once at one location.
Yea we drove past this on our way to Leslie County,, this place was huge.....seems to be the place to be if you want to play. I can not remember if there is any hotels around there to accomadate the crowd?? Just wondering????
Prestonsburg - District 7
Prestonsburg has the ability (at Stone Crest) to not only host the 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 but the softball as well. From my understanding ALL games will be played there and if all goes as planned, everything is supposed to start in the general time date of 6-27. I KNOW Jr. League will probably be played a few days later than that though, well, it usually is.

Knott Co. Sportsplex is a awesome facility. My son attended ALC baseball camp there last year and really enjoyed it. The people from Knott are very friendly and my son and his friends made really good friends with a couple of young men who were on the Knott Co. Jr. League team. I do believe there are a couple of hotels/motels on down past the Sportsplex close to Hindman... I know there is a little "shopping mall" of sorts and I'm sure there is something around there......

About London.... I'm still not able to talk about it without getting upset. (sorry:LOL)
That was one of the poorest ran tournaments I have ever, and I mean ever been to in my life. Handing in paperwork was a joke, (we were asked after 2 games if we had it) while one team didn't have have a map and another was missing 2 birth certificates..... They had "hometown" umpires as one of them was a coach at the high school. They were VERY unfriendly and the entire tournament was ran like a joke. If it rained for 20 minutes, games cancelled until tomorrow. We stayed in London 6 days and only played, well were in the process of playing our 3rd game. IF my child was to have played All-stars this year, and was told if we won we would be playing in London.......he would NOT go....I could name the person who was over the tournament and tell you just how unprofessionally he ran it but, I will keep it to myself. I pray that LL Headquarters has enough sense (after the complaints were all in) to see that London is NOT the choice for the tournament. Well, I don't guess I should say London, just the "man in charge" shouldn't be allowed to run the show again!!! It was plain to see that he was NOT in it for the kids!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
11-12 state tourney will be held in Winchester Kentucky.
Do you happen to know when and at what park?? I've looked all over the web and this is the only reference I've found to the KY 11-12 Allstar Tournament.
phs1986 Wrote:Prestonsburg has the ability (at Stone Crest) to not only host the 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 but the softball as well. From my understanding ALL games will be played there and if all goes as planned, everything is supposed to start in the general time date of 6-27. I KNOW Jr. League will probably be played a few days later than that though, well, it usually is.

Knott Co. Sportsplex is a awesome facility. My son attended ALC baseball camp there last year and really enjoyed it. The people from Knott are very friendly and my son and his friends made really good friends with a couple of young men who were on the Knott Co. Jr. League team. I do believe there are a couple of hotels/motels on down past the Sportsplex close to Hindman... I know there is a little "shopping mall" of sorts and I'm sure there is something around there......

About London.... I'm still not able to talk about it without getting upset. (sorry:LOL)
That was one of the poorest ran tournaments I have ever, and I mean ever been to in my life. Handing in paperwork was a joke, (we were asked after 2 games if we had it) while one team didn't have have a map and another was missing 2 birth certificates..... They had "hometown" umpires as one of them was a coach at the high school. They were VERY unfriendly and the entire tournament was ran like a joke. If it rained for 20 minutes, games cancelled until tomorrow. We stayed in London 6 days and only played, well were in the process of playing our 3rd game. IF my child was to have played All-stars this year, and was told if we won we would be playing in London.......he would NOT go....I could name the person who was over the tournament and tell you just how unprofessionally he ran it but, I will keep it to myself. I pray that LL Headquarters has enough sense (after the complaints were all in) to see that London is NOT the choice for the tournament. Well, I don't guess I should say London, just the "man in charge" shouldn't be allowed to run the show again!!! It was plain to see that he was NOT in it for the kids!!!

London has hosted the 13-14 for the last 2 years. And it has been a joke for 2 years plain and simple.Lets just hope another district steps up and host the state tournament this year.
How about the Senior League (15/16) state tournament location...does anyone have any info on it?
606sportsfan Wrote:How about the Senior League (15/16) state tournament location...does anyone have any info on it?

I heard Louisville. But not real sure.
The last town I heard was Richmond for the 11-12s.
The state tournament for girls softball 9-10, 10-11 and 11-12 will be held in Prestonsburg.
So the boys 11-12 state tourn. in Winchester and the girls in Prestonsburg?
In Prestonsburg or Knott Co. Sportsplex?
Prestonsburg (Stonecrest)
Thanks for the information
Is the opening ceremony the 17th and games begin the 18th?
Where is the State Tournament going to be held for the 13/14 & 15/16 year old girls softball? I know I heard Louisville, but not for sure.
11-12 girls State. Do you know where it will be hosted officially? When it will begin? The person in charge to contact? We (District 4) have not heard anything for sure. The tournement director doesn't even have any information. The last we heard it was to be held in Owensboro. Thanks for any info.