Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs. UCONN next year???
I saw on cats pause that uconn will be playing the wildcats in december at madison square garden. Any truth to this?
catsfan44 Wrote:I saw on cats pause that uconn will be playing the wildcats in december at madison square garden. Any truth to this?

that would be nice imo
[SIZE="2"]I hope this is true.
I'm really excited to see the schedule for next year.
Its not gonna be all these cupcake teams anymore.[/SIZE]
This would be nice to see happen.
This would be cool.
I would love for us to play some great teams. I want to have a tough schedule to get us ready for confrence play.
I hope so. UConn won't have near the team they had this year though.
From what I have read this is going to happen. They will be playing the the Big East vs SEC.
Aslan Wrote:I hope so. UConn won't have near the team they had this year though.

That's true, I wonder if any action will be taken for the recruiting scandal of the Miles kid? If so, this could really hurt the UCONN team in recruiting and players wanting to leave and transfer. Who knows what will happen, but I do hope we play them regardless!! Go Cats!
Nice high profile game, but not sure what UConn will have bace. Many are expected to leave for the NBA
Lots of rumors going on with UCONN. Will they be investigated for Miles? Will they be investigated for Stanley Robinson and his two seemsters without a grade except Incompletes? Will Calhoun retire for "medical" reasons as a result? How many players will jump ship for the NBA?
Still with all the things going on with UConn, it would still be a big game for both schools.
when should we expect a schedule done? Maybe in august?
cougarpride08 Wrote:when should we expect a schedule done? Maybe in august?

yes the schedule will be out in august.
It Well Be A Good Game
This would be a good early test for coach Cal.
sports-fan08 Wrote:[SIZE="2"]I hope this is true.
I'm really excited to see the schedule for next year.
Its not gonna be all these cupcake teams anymore.[/SIZE]

I would say that is will be the cupcake teams again....like VMI and Gardner Webb...not poking fun...but at Memphis when he had a decent team and knew he was going to win the conference tourney...he played a cupcake schedule still.... and besides is UCONN not losing like there whole starting 5 besides walker....Just wondering
Should be a good game for both teams.
who else is UK playing from the big east or is UCONN the only team?
Strikeout King Wrote:who else is UK playing from the big east or is UCONN the only team?

besides loserville i think this would be it from the big east.
UCONN is going to be a rebuilding team.
The '09/10 season will be third installment of the SEC-Big East challenge. The way the format works:

Each season there are 4 games between SEC and Big East teams. Two games are held at a venue in the south, and the other in two in Big East territory. The leagues signed a contract for four years, and every team will participate at least once during the contract. So far, they have played in Birmingham, Nashville, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia.

As of now, the only four SEC schools yet to participate are UK, Arkansas, Florida, and Georgia. The Big East has eight schools left to play: UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, St. John's, Rutgers, and Depaul.

I have also heard that ESPN badly wants to match up UK and UConn at Madison Square Garden, which should be a ratings bonanza. As the Big East team, UConn would be considered the "home" team, but I also know that UK fans would flock to New York for a game like that.

Expect Arkansas to be the other team from the SEC in New York. I'm guessing Florida and Georgia will be the host schools for the other doubleheader, probably in Atlanta or Orlando.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bad year for UCONN to go up against UK.
Two of my favorite teams would be squaring off. But of course I would root for the CATS.
Wow that would be one heck of a matchup between the SEC and Big East.