Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel update
does anyone know who may get the south laurel job?
My guess is that it will be May before anyone knows.
At least in May. What a way to get off to a new start. This team will be way behind.
This just shows they are not serious about football. Buyers beware. If I were a stake holder in the SL football program I would take a long hard look at my involvement. Especially the parents, what kind of message does this send?????
Some of the South Laurel parents are complete assholes and idiots, I dont blame Chappell for wanting to leave that place. All those big fat guys in the bleachers do is sit up there and criticise Chappell and his staff while talking junk to the kids. Some of those FATBOYS should apply for the coaching jobs since they know so much about the game. I wonder if they do that to Steve during basketball games? I doubt it very seriously.
I heard Bert Browne from Perry Central was interested and if he didn't get the assistant coaches job at the college he is trying to get into, they may look seriously at him.
[quote=mountain hoops guru]I heard Bert Browne from Perry Central was interested and if he didn't get the assistant coaches job at the college he is trying to get into, they may look seriously at him.[/QUOTE

:please: You can't be serious.
William Muney Wrote:This just shows they are not serious about football. Buyers beware. If I were a stake holder in the SL football program I would take a long hard look at my involvement. Especially the parents, what kind of message does this send?????

I don't know what is going on here..........I tend to agree with you. Still no word and was told not for sure who we were going to interview as of yet. I do know that they have started some.

We are now very much behind everyone else in the state. Someone needs to step up and make a decision.
S.L. may be waiting to long to hire
What South Laurel needs is a experienced coach, that will not need a full time teaching position, a person that loves the game and is wiliing to spend a couple of years to stabalize this program. It is evident that the administrators or decision makers are not showing much interest in South Laurel football, they are wanting a quality coach at a water boy salary and that is not going to happen. What somebody needs to consider is 2-9 seasons want put people in the stands, increase your attendance by about 300 people a game at $5 a ticket, have 6 home games and the problem is solved. Find Cotton Adams and give him a 2 year deal to help get this program started in the right path, give him a young assistant to mentior then turn it over in a couple of years.
maverick23 Wrote:S.L. may be waiting to long to hire

I think so too. They are not very interested in finding someone with top quality I am sure they have enough quality applicants.
Maybe they have their own timeline and are trying to be a thorough as possible...?
Amped 88 Wrote:I think so too. They are not very interested in finding someone with top quality I am sure they have enough quality applicants.

They have a good one from your neck of the woods. I don't know what they are waiting on?
Who would that be...? Who are some of the people that have applied / been interviewed?
Paul Crewe Wrote:They have a good one from your neck of the woods. I don't know what they are waiting on?

Yeah but the last I had heard from him they haven't even called at all to let him know anything one way or the other. Most place let you know what is going on. Just simply saying the timeline they are looking at or we have read you application and we appreciate your time.
I would have to think they would have started interviewing last week and be continuing it this week?
This is the word from someone inside. They are not going to go after anyone, they have a special ed opening and the new coach will have to have a special ed degree. They don't care about football as long as they can field a team. DOn't be surprise if they just hire inside.
Amped 88 Wrote:Yeah but the last I had heard from him they haven't even called at all to let him know anything one way or the other. Most place let you know what is going on. Just simply saying the timeline they are looking at or we have read you application and we appreciate your time.

Does he plan to look for another job or stay at Bell?
We hope Randy stays here.
Heard you guys was coming over here to play us this year. That will be a great game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Heard you guys was coming over here to play us this year. That will be a great game.

Who are you talking about?
Amped 88 Wrote:Who are you talking about?

South goes to LCC 1st game I believe. If we don't get a coach soon I don't know.
Aug 21, 09 South Laurel home 7:30 PM
Aug 28, 09 Middlesboro home 7:30 PM
Sep 4, 09 Hazard away 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09 Belfry home 7:30 PM
Sep 25, 09 Perry Co Cent home 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 Harlan Co away 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Whitley Co away 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 Clay County home 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 North Laurel home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Moore away 8:00 PM

Welcome to cougarama baby. Going to be a great first game.
Just heard this weekend that many of the best applicants will not be getting an interview. Only those that teach a certain subject. Not much interest in football by those in power. I don't normanly say this about our own area, however, this WOULD NOT go on in some other sports.:flush:
and we claim we make decisions that are best for the kids.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Just heard this weekend that many of the best applicants will not be getting an interview. Only those that teach a certain subject. Not much interest in football by those in power. I don't normanly say this about our own area, however, this WOULD NOT go on in some other sports.:flush:

Who are some of the applicants that aren't getting interviews...?
There were a couple that were mention, I guess that would be subjective. Also the in house guys would be excluded , they of course were interviewed. My point is that I can assure you that all the best applicants were not in one subject area. In my opion this is what seperates programs and great programs. I don't think we will ever be a great football program until we change our attitudes.
how about any of the middle school coaches in Laurel Co. Doesn't any of them qualify for the head coach?
I wouldn't think so. There is quite a sizable jump going from middle school to 5A football. That tends to work at some smaller programs...
If I were a parent I would be asking for the Supt and Principal to :igiveup: their jobs.