Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Most Successful Eastern Kentucky School Of All Tiime"
After a lot of discussion on different threads about how successful some schools were I thought it would be interesting to learn who the most successful school or program in Eastern Kentucky was? I think it should include every school/program east of Lexington, all the way up to the border of Ohio and all the way down to the border of Tennessee. I have no idea who it may be so I am really interested to find out myself. So please if you have any input on this post it. Thanks
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:After a lot of discussion on different threads about how successful some schools were I thought it would be interesting to learn who the most successful school or program in Eastern Kentucky was? I think it should include every school/program east of Lexington, all the way up to the border of Ohio and all the way down to the border of Tennessee. I have no idea who it may be so I am really interested to find out myself. So please if you have any input on this post it. Thanks

I posted this in the other thread.

My guess would be :

1.Boyd Co.
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
3.Lawrence Co.
5.East Carter

Not sure if Corbin or Middlesboro are considered east of Lexington.

Hazard, Rowan Co. and Ashland Paul Blazer would probably be in the mix as well. Pikeville had a good 10 year run from the mid 90's to about 2006.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I posted this in the other thread.

My guess would be :

1.Boyd Co.
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
3.Lawrence Co.
5.East Carter

Hazard, Rowan Co. and Ashland Paul Blazer would probably be in the mix as well. Pikeville had a good 10 year run from the mid 90's to about 2006.

Actually after checking it would probably have to be Paul Blazer seeing that they had 3 straight state championship teams 1966, 1967, and 1968.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually after checking it would probably have to be Paul Blazer seeing that they had 3 straight state championship teams 1966, 1967, and 1968.
I was thinking that Blazer might be on top in this. and also agree with the rest of the list.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I posted this in the other thread.

My guess would be :

1.Boyd Co.
2.Paintsville
3.Johnson Central
3.Lawrence Co.
5.East Carter

I would definetely consider Corbin and Middlesboro to be eastern kentucky. I would agree with this list as well. I know Ashland has had some pretty good teams, most of them are before my time, thats why when I think about it I remember Boyd being as dominant as anybody for the longest time. I dont think Pikeville High School has ever had a state championship so just for that reason alone I wouldn't consider them, Lawrence County either.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Actually after checking it would probably have to be Paul Blazer seeing that they had 3 straight state championship teams 1966, 1967, and 1968.

I had'nt even started looking at the threads and this was the first school I thought of. Being that I am not from EKY, Ashland has gotten more publicity than any other school in the NKY area, so I would have based my initial thought on them
Stardust Wrote:I had'nt even started looking at the threads and this was the first school I thought of. Being that I am not from EKY, Ashland has gotten more publicity than any other school in the NKY area, so I would have based my initial thought on them
Even though I have been around for quite a while I was a little like jackrabbit. Boyd was the first to come to mind because of their dominance for about the last 15 or so years. Actually if you want to get right down to it, Paintsville might have had a little longer run than Boyd by about 15 or so more years. Charlie Adkins teams were very very good for a long time.
Stardust Wrote:I had'nt even started looking at the threads and this was the first school I thought of. Being that I am not from EKY, Ashland has gotten more publicity than any other school in the NKY area, so I would have based my initial thought on them
I guess the '04 Blazer team has been the only one in a while that many have considered to be very strong. We all seem to just remember what's going on at the present when we talk about these type of things.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I would definetely consider Corbin and Middlesboro to be eastern kentucky. I would agree with this list as well. I know Ashland has had some pretty good teams, most of them are before my time, thats why when I think about it I remember Boyd being as dominant as anybody for the longest time. I dont think Pikeville High School has ever had a state championship so just for that reason alone I wouldn't consider them, Lawrence County either.
If that being the case, I would say that both would have to be brought into the conversation.