Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you want: Pitino or Calipari ?
My choice would be Pitino.:Clap:
:zzz:
The number of threads is almost laughable about the SAME subjects that fit in 2 dozen other threads
DeuceUL Wrote::zzz:

What i ment to ask was who would you choose, my pick would be Rick.:Thumbs:
Most people on here are going to say Cal, just bc he's UKs new coach, but realisticly how could you not take Pitino? He's accomplished much more.
Aslan Wrote:Most people on here are going to say Cal, just bc he's UKs new coach, but realisticly how could you not take Pitino? He's accomplished much more.

So have Bobby Knight and John Wooden. The trick is to get the guy who is likely to accomplish more in the future.
so many useless threads.. ...... but if i had to pick out of them 2.. Pitino
Aslan Wrote:Most people on here are going to say Cal, just bc he's UKs new coach, but realisticly how could you not take Pitino? He's accomplished much more.

Pitino hasn't won a title in over a decade!! He also choked in this years tournament.. So what makes him so great??? I'm just curious.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Pitino hasn't won a title in over a decade!! He also choked in this years tournament.. So what makes him so great??? I'm just curious.

Has Cal ever won a title?
Btw, Cal has chocked quite a bit in the tourney too. What happened to his Memphis team last year?
I'm happy with Cal for now. Ask me in 2 years. When we're ready to fire him....LOL.
Coach Cal....
Id want Calipari, he has more hype than Pitino and makes sure things are done right
Aslan Wrote:Has Cal ever won a title?
Btw, Cal has chocked quite a bit in the tourney too. What happened to his Memphis team last year?

Take it easy big man. :biggrin: I didn't say anything about Calipari being great or even good. All I was wanting is a answer to what makes Pitino so good when hasn't won the big game since 1996??
If I had to choose then I would say Pitino, but I'm ok with Calipari also.
Pitino most def.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Pitino hasn't won a title in over a decade!! He also choked in this years tournament.. So what makes him so great??? I'm just curious.

Really Calapari won all those two in the last two years....and UK hasnt won a touranment in over a decade....and hey Cal chocked earlier this year with Memphis right....I forgot the earlier you choke the better you are, so UK is the best thy chocked all year long....lolConfusedhh:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Take it easy big man. :biggrin: I didn't say anything about Calipari being great or even good. All I was wanting is a answer to what makes Pitino so good when hasn't won the big game since 1996??

Pitno also wasnt in college for two years....and how come UK hasnt won the big game in over a decade????Confusedhh:
Aslan Wrote:Has Cal ever won a title?

Why all the negative bull crap from you all the time. You and everyone else was all up in the air over Calipari coming to UK, now that he's here lets not start downing the guy. Coach Cal is a great coach, probably the best coach UK couln't have gotten. What happened to Rick in 1997?? Did he choke?? No, he ddn't choke either. Coaches are not on the floor playing the game. Cal didn't choke last year his players did. Had they made a few free throws they win easliy. Give it a break MR. Negative.:redboxer:
zulu Wrote:Why all the negative bull crap from you all the time. You and everyone else was all up in the air over Calipari coming to UK, now that he's here lets not start downing the guy. Coach Cal is a great coach, probably the best coach UK couln't have gotten. What happened to Rick in 1997?? Did he choke?? No, he ddn't choke either. Coaches are not on the floor playing the game. Cal didn't choke last year his players did. Had they made a few free throws they win easliy. Give it a break MR. Negative.:redboxer:

What are you talking about???
I'm the most positive guy on this message board!!!
theVILLE Wrote:Pitno also wasnt in college for two years....and how come UK hasnt won the big game in over a decade????Confusedhh:

I'm still laughing at you and the Cardinals because they haven't won the big game in almost 25 years!!!! Confusedhh:

How could he have choked, I never seem him take a shot the whole game.
Die Hard Devil Fan21 Wrote:How could he have choked, I never seem him take a shot the whole game.

They would have a better chance to win it if he did take some shots!! Samuals and Williams got shut down completly!! Confusedhh:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:They would have a better chance to win it if he did take some shots!! Samuals and Williams got shut down completly!! Confusedhh:

Good point. It sure couldn't have hurt them.
theVILLE Wrote:Pitno also wasnt in college for two years....and how come UK hasnt won the big game in over a decade????Confusedhh:
Calipari was out of the college game for 2 years as well while he was with the Nets.
I'd say Pitino just based on his track record in college....
but I'm really excited to see what Cal can do for us
He has had some incredible teams and recruits at Memphis and I bet he will only do better at UK if they give him the time
Pitino might would be better. All I can say is, anyone's better than Billy G.
FBALL Wrote:Calipari was out of the college game for 2 years as well while he was with the Nets.

Good Point...and both havent won the bog game in over a decade...but Pitino has won more than he has...been to more final fours...been to more elite 8s...:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Good Point...and both havent won the bog game in over a decade...but Pitino has won more than he has...been to more final fours...been to more elite 8s...:Thumbs: :Thumbs:

Who has been to the more recent championship. NITINO needs to prove to me that he can win but I give him credit.. It's hard to do at LOSERVILLE!! :biggrin:
i pick Billy G baby yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Who has been to the more recent championship. NITINO needs to prove to me that he can win but I give him credit.. It's hard to do at LOSERVILLE!! :biggrin:

Sucktucky!!!!lol.....and the last one UK went to was with Pitnos boys right....lol...NITINO is making you look stupid you went there this year too.....lol