Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavanaugh Trent coaching at Knott Central?
eddierabbit Wrote:Did anyone watch WYMT sports tonight, it made the adminstration at KCC look like a joke in their decision to get rid of Amburgey.

I missed it, what did they say? I don't know a lot about the situation, but I have met Coach Amburgey a few times and he seemed like a class act.
thecoacher Wrote:I missed it, what did they say? I don't know a lot about the situation, but I have met Coach Amburgey a few times and he seemed like a class act.
It wasn't what was said, it was how it was said. Brian Milam really had a question in his voice when he was giving Amburgey's accomplishments at KCC. He bettered his record every year at Knott. To take him away seems stupid. That's what was in Brian's voice.

Everyone is catching on to Knott school board's decisions. Self serving....
Have heard from a reliable source last night, that Mr. Knott County has been asked to Coach and he should take over the Patriots head man. Rhett Gibson should be announced soon after all the talk is over he will be running the show.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Have heard from a reliable source last night, that Mr. Knott County has been asked to Coach and he should take over the Patriots head man. Rhett Gibson should be announced soon after all the talk is over he will be running the show.

He's going to leave the Sportsplex to take over at KCC? I'll be surprised if he does.
Why would he have to leave the sportsplex? that would be the perfect situation for him. he don't have to teach, just coach. Since the Letcher job is open, I'm sure that Trent will try to get that job anyways. No one else will come in here to coach a team without some big money and they just don't have it to offer.
Lets put it this way, The "King" lady in Knott County MADE a terrible decision on firing Amburgey. 22-8 Record, What else does she want? Knott County isn't the best of team anyway. Hiring johnny martin or coach Justice would make up the the dumb move though.
Jeter_theman Wrote:It wasn't what was said, it was how it was said. Brian Milam really had a question in his voice when he was giving Amburgey's accomplishments at KCC. He bettered his record every year at Knott. To take him away seems stupid. That's what was in Brian's voice.

Everyone is catching on to Knott school board's decisions. Self serving....

The questions are going to keep coming. I am not surprised by Justin getting the pink slip. Decisions nowadays usually have nothing to do with on the court performance. Good luck Justin and good luck to the next coach at KCC.:igiveup:
What is the latest on this job, any chance they will go outside of the area to hire.
I believe that the candidates in the running are B.M. Runyon, Trent, B.B. and Rodney Woods.
Brian Milam Wrote:The questions are going to keep coming. I am not surprised by Justin getting the pink slip. Decisions nowadays usually have nothing to do with on the court performance. Good luck Justin and good luck to the next coach at KCC.:igiveup:

kcc would have been better off, if they had left things the way they were.
Stamper wants his son to go to Rupp before he graduates next year, so he has got one more shot. He has had 3 years of disappointments so they need an experienced WINNING coach in place. I'm sure he had a lot to do with the release of Amburgey and has a lot of in put on who the next coach will be. Good luck to the Patriots finding someone that wants to get involved in this parent mess.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Stamper wants his son to go to Rupp before he graduates next year, so he has got one more shot. He has had 3 years of disappointments so they need an experienced WINNING coach in place. I'm sure he had a lot to do with the release of Amburgey and has a lot of in put on who the next coach will be. Good luck to the Patriots finding someone that wants to get involved in this parent mess.

You must be out of the loop Bud! It was the JBS-KCC guys who wanted Amburgey gone. The original and loyal KCC players wanted Amburgey to stay. Sound familiar???
Brian Milam Wrote:The questions are going to keep coming. I am not surprised by Justin getting the pink slip. Decisions nowadays usually have nothing to do with on the court performance. Good luck Justin and good luck to the next coach at KCC.:igiveup:

True. The next coach at KCC will need luck.

Knott County is getting more and more questionable about the things that they do. State Board probably needs to look into it. But, that's just Knott. Nothing new.Confusedhh:
It's got nothing to do with luck. Knott needs a coach. Not trying to hurt any feelings, but its a joke with more coaches (DAD's) on the bench than players. It's going to be a hard thing to turn your kid over to someone else, but that's got to be done.
The job has been narrowed down to 3 finialist. I know for a fact Cav is one and; just an educated guess, but the other two are Runyon, and Wayne Co.'s coach......
Im going to say Trents aunt finally gives him a job. Good for him, I have heard these interviews were as unprofessional as interviews can get.......anyone else heard this??
eddierabbit Wrote:Im going to say Trents aunt finally gives him a job. Good for him, I have heard these interviews were as unprofessional as interviews can get.......anyone else heard this??

First of all, even though it has been stated and repeated several times for posters on this site...the superintendent-Mrs. King is NOT Cavanaugh Trent's aunt.
Kyboy13 Wrote:The job has been narrowed down to 3 finialist. I know for a fact Cav is one and; just an educated guess, but the other two are Runyon, and Wayne Co.'s coach......

Has been narrowed and will be announced either Monday or Tuesday this week. C. Trent is one of the names, Runyon has withdrew his application early in this process, Waynes coach may be another name, but leading candidate is still right there from Knott County, Rhett Gibson. 95% sure he has the job, will find out soon.:rockon:
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Has been narrowed and will be announced either Monday or Tuesday this week. C. Trent is one of the names, Runyon has withdrew his application early in this process, Waynes coach may be another name, but leading candidate is still right there from Knott County, Rhett Gibson. 95% sure he has the job, will find out soon.:rockon:

Runyon is too smart to come to Knott Central and all of the dumb a politics that go on with the sports. He knew that that if he won 20 or more games he would be let go at the end of the season.
Blocked Shot Wrote:You must be out of the loop Bud! It was the JBS-KCC guys who wanted Amburgey gone. The original and loyal KCC players wanted Amburgey to stay. Sound familiar???

i would have to disagree, didn't kcc/jbs players play most of the game? always talkin **** on here.
Maybe the kids/parents just want someone in their that can call some right plays at the right times and get some key wins before they graduate. This is the difference between average/good coaches and great coaches. Justin done a great job with these kids but could never seem to pull out the big wins. Always seem to not come up with the right line up, call the right play, or put the ball in the right kids hands at that time. This is just part of having the experience and been their before. Justin never had that and just had to go with what he knew, just didn't seem to be enough most of the time. Like I said, I wish him the best and he has done a great job at KCC, but it's time for the kids/parents to get someone with some PROVEN experience and take these kids with their talent to RUPP ARENA, like they deserve. Hope they pick a coach soon.
eddierabbit Wrote:Im going to say Trents aunt finally gives him a job. Good for him, I have heard these interviews were as unprofessional as interviews can get.......anyone else heard this??

No I heard the exact opposite. One of the people in on the interviews said that Trent probably had the best interview of anyone.

I heard these exact things about the interviews. Unprofessional... That word seems to sum up Knott Co. lately.
He is not only a good athlete and coach but he is a good teacher too.
bigA_lccougars Wrote:He is not only a good athlete and coach but he is a good teacher too.

Well Keep Him!
SteppUp Wrote:Well Keep Him!

AMEN!!!!:notworthy
Is Kim ever going to name a coach. The suspense is killing us. Coach Wood or Coach Trent either will be fine but just give us one.
All jokes aside I think amburgey should be rehired for the Job he did a good job with the kids imo. I don't think they gave him enough time to turn the program around. I heard he is going to be an assistant coach over in pike? The job is up for grabs, B.B King would be a great fit for the program so would coach Trent, they need a coach so they can start getting ready for next year. Good luck.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Kyboy13 Wrote:The job has been narrowed down to 3 finialist. I know for a fact Cav is one and; just an educated guess, but the other two are Runyon, and Wayne Co.'s coach......

only 2 names i am hearing is cavanaugh and bb king. at least those are the only 2 left that has been offered the job that has yet to turn it down. rhett has never been offered.

Fuzz...
It was the JBS - KCC parents and sons who wanted Amburgey gone all year. KCC boys were happy. Controversy - sound familiar. Would have been no problem for the KCC boys if Amburgey stayed. Look for major changes.......