Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavanaugh Trent coaching at Knott Central?
JMEWLS Wrote:I was told yesterday by a Knott County Schools board member that Justin Amburgey has been rehired as the head basketball coach, so this entire coaching search has concluded according to what they told me. They told me that they didnt get enough intrest out of big name coaches, so Amburgey was welcomed back.

As I said, if they would stop deleting my posts. You can call it not enough intrest if you want, but Knott Co. just ain't gonna pay out that much money for a big named coach. Thats what it comes down to is the money. Knott Co. is too tight and too political to invest too much money on a basketball coach. If I were Justin I'd tell them where to put a basketball and I'd take the first train out of town.
I think that the Knott CO Supt has been very unprofessional with the process. She has supposedly released Amburgey but has not formally informed him as far as I know. She is playing games with possible coaches when she needs to get someone in place. If she is going to keep Amburgey then that is fine but just do it. If you are going to give the job to Trent then just do it. He will do fine. I have never believed that a person has to have head coaching experience because for example Al Holland has won 9 regional championships and the first year MC Napier hired him as head coach he had been an assistant. What if no one had given him a chance to be a head coach. I think that coaches get to much credit anyway. It is alot easier to coach when you have talent and Knott will have alot of talent.
I really dont care who coaches but MRS KING would you please let us have a coach.
boogieman Wrote:As I said, if they would stop deleting my posts. You can call it not enough intrest if you want, but Knott Co. just ain't gonna pay out that much money for a big named coach. Thats what it comes down to is the money. Knott Co. is too tight and too political to invest too much money on a basketball coach. If I were Justin I'd tell them where to put a basketball and I'd take the first train out of town.

There is a train that leaves Hindman?
Benchwarmer Wrote:There is a train that leaves Hindman?

Yeah, didn't you know? Its called " pack your **** and get the **** out while you can" train.
I love coach Trent!
Hopefully he gets the job.
Aslan Wrote:I love coach Trent!
Hopefully he gets the job.

I'd give it to him!
:1: :worthy: :1: :worthy: :1:
I think Trent would to a pretty good job if he got the Knott Co. job. He has been under to great coaches as an assiant (Holland and Justice). If Trent doesnt end up with this job than, Im sure it wont take long for him to be a head coach somewhere because I believe its his time and if KCC does release Amburgey than Trent is the man. Knott Central IMO should just keep Amburgey though because hes been with this group of kids the last three years. I know some may disagree on keeping him but I do think they should. From what I heard most of the seniors want him back and I think this team has the most tanlet in the 14th so they dont need these distractions. JMO.
I wish KCC would just make up their minds and hire somebody, it kills me that they just keep us guessing.
Every Year!
warmachine Wrote:Why not bring back Rhett Gibson if they dont give the job to Trent? .

Did hear Coach Gibson's name this weekend at the Sportsplex. He would be a better boys coach than he was girls. With the talent this team will have, it shouldn't be hard to coach them, put 5 out on the floor and turn them loose. David Jeff could even come back and coach them, :biggrin:
MVP2 Wrote:I think Trent would to a pretty good job if he got the Knott Co. job. He has been under to great coaches as an assiant (Holland and Justice). If Trent doesnt end up with this job than, Im sure it wont take long for him to be a head coach somewhere because I believe its his time and if KCC does release Amburgey than Trent is the man. Knott Central IMO should just keep Amburgey though because hes been with this group of kids the last three years. I know some may disagree on keeping him but I do think they should. From what I heard most of the seniors want him back and I think this team has the most tanlet in the 14th so they dont need these distractions. JMO.

I agree! :Thumbs:
Heard he's been telling everybody he's a lock to get the job, and he's not going to be anybody's assistant....so guess its his.
If they're not careful they're going to allow all of this drama to ruin a very good team that would otherwise be the favorite in the 14th next year. It really is beginning to seem reminiscent of the JBS team of 2007/2008 that seemed to crash and burn from what appeared to be far too much drama for high school basketball.
Anyone know if they have named the coach for the patriots yet?
At the Knott/Perry game last night, the talk was the Rhett Gibson will be the next coach at Knott. He said he would coach the team for no money and when he took them to Rupp, he wanted a $25,000 check. That is crazy, but he did say he would take Trent as an assistant, to show him the ropes at KCC and how everything is done over their. He says he can handle all those parents and keep them out of the practices and off the bench.
I think letcher central beat knott 2 out of three times..ohh wait I know they did..in JV.
LCentral12-2 Wrote:I think letcher central beat knott 2 out of three times..ohh wait I know they did..in JV.

Okay? :yawn:
Knott needs to get a coach in place quick.
B.B. King will be the new coach. Write it down.

Nothing new for Knott Central coaching hires. They get a good coach, he has to play who Daddy Stamper wants and gets the blame for not getting to state.

B.B. couldn't even assistant coach a grade school team. How do the expect him to coach a HS team. PATHETIC! And the reason King is getting the job? What is his last name?.....
Jeter_theman Wrote:B.B. King will be the new coach. Write it down.

Nothing new for Knott Central coaching hires. They get a good coach, he has to play who Daddy Stamper wants and gets the blame for not getting to state.

B.B. couldn't even assistant coach a grade school team. How do the expect him to coach a HS team. PATHETIC! And the reason King is getting the job? What is his last name?.....

So, Who does Daddy Stamper tell him play that doesn't deserve to then? Don't even start that ridiculous crap.
I don't know why everyone is worried about who will be KCC's next coach. It won't be Trent of BB, I can tell you that much. They will let the public know when the time is right, I can't figure out all the hype. Give it a rest, Kim will decide and then everyone will know. And thats when all the moanin and groanin or shoutin and whistlin will begin.
I heard today that it will be Trent and that it will be one day next week. I hope they hurry up and get it over with.
I have heard so many names that I am just going to wait until a coach is named until I believe anyone.
:zzz:
fanatic11 Wrote:I have heard so many names that I am just going to wait until a coach is named until I believe anyone.

:Thumbs:
Did anyone watch WYMT sports tonight, it made the adminstration at KCC look like a joke in their decision to get rid of Amburgey.
eddierabbit Wrote:Did anyone watch WYMT sports tonight, it made the adminstration at KCC look like a joke in their decision to get rid of Amburgey.

I guess they think they can put somebody in there to do a "Calipari-like turnaround" I just don't see it happening. I mean who could they possibly get that would make that big of a difference? Honestly.... this is a legitimate question. Are there any Hatcher/Holland caliber coaches available that would take the job that could step in there and get this team over the hump? And what is the talent going to be like when Cox and Stamper are gone? Some coaches might view the KCC job as a one year wonder and pass on it. IMO as far as getting the most out of players, Hatcher is as good as they come in high school basketball, and it will take a coach like him for there to be a real and long lasting difference in Knott Co..... IF coaching is the real problem.

Even so, I would like to see a young coach like Trent go in there and do a great job. You never know, in time somebody like him may proof to be that caliber.
Coach #1 Runyan, turned down opportunity
Coach #2 J. Martin, turned down opportunity
Coach #3 J. High, turned down opportunity
Coach #4 R. Gibson, didn't ask him and he is interested???? Why wouldn't they ask Mr. Knott County?

They wouldn't of already released hCoach Amburgey if they didn't have someone already to take the job. My guess is Trent will be allowed to start off his coaching career with a chance to win the region. Can't ask for any better opportunity than that from family can you? Good luck Coach Trent, hope it all works out for you!
Ahhh... the Knott Central coaching carousel continues. Seems that Miss King would worry more about academics than getting her buddies a coaching job.

Replacing Amburgey isn't going to get them over the hump. He had these kids winning. What was the problem with him? Oh yea... not one of King's buddies. Confusedhh:
I think they can put anyone over there and win ball games. Trent will probably work harder than Amburgy plain and simple. Trent knows more about the game and he can relate to the kids better than anyone I know. Usually THE BOSS can hire whomever they want to so lets hope its Trent. Give the boy a chance. If he dont win region, it will probably be another 30 to 40 years before KCC gets back to state. Maybe Sonny Huff, Brad Airington, John Kitchen, Darryl Slone, Todd Johnson, or maybe some of the old greats will have some Sons soon.
eddierabbit Wrote:Did anyone watch WYMT sports tonight, it made the adminstration at KCC look like a joke in their decision to get rid of Amburgey.

That's because it is a joke. Too many politics in sports. And it just hurts the kids, no one else.