Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salaries for college coaches
I just wanted to say that in these hard economic times that I think it is ridiculious the salaries that these coaches are receiving. We have children who want to go to these larger universities but do not have the money to go yet we can pay a coach millions to lead a basketball team. Don't get me wrong I love the sport and love the entertainment but I think it is going overboard. Furthermore, just this past February I took my 13 year old daughter to a UK Lady Cats vs. UT Lady Vols game at Memorial gym. She is a basketball fanatic and loves any and all womens basketball. After the game she, as well as 10 other girls, stood in line for an hour in the 9 degree Lexington weather to get an autograph from Coach Pat Summitt. Being the first in line, my daughter was so excited she just knew she would get an autograph. However, when Coach Summitt came to board the bus, we asked politely if she would give an autograph her rude reply was " No I don't have time". My daughter was devastated. She had waited so long and admired her so much as a coach. WOW!!! :redboxer: I thought to myself hey lady you get paid to sign autographs for your fans. I just think as a whole we should reconsider the idea of paying coaches an out landish salary!!!! Just a thought.:Clap: