Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALL RUMORS---Six Calipari threads at the moment
RUMORS---Six Calipari threads at the moment

Should all of these be tagged as rumors since many contradict each other?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:RUMORS---Six Calipari threads at the moment

Should all of these be tagged as rumors since many contradict each other?

What is contradicting?
mrfootball03 Wrote:What is contradicting?
How about the one "Calipari to stay at Memphis" AND "Calipari going to KY"

Pretty much 180 degree opposites.

ALL of these threads are rumor at the moment...bloggers are making crap up right and left.
Fox I understand what you are saying, but there are way too many sources reporting the same exact thing, although it is not official as of yet.

I'm just trying to let everyone know what is being said from reliable sources such as John Clay, Jeff Drummond, Matt Jones, and Marc Maggard.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Fox I understand what you are saying, but there are way too many sources reporting the same exact thing, although it is not official as of yet.

I'm just trying to let everyone know what is being said from reliable sources such as John Clay, Jeff Drummond, Matt Jones, and Marc Maggard.

LOL
Drummond, Jones, and Maggard have ALL been wrong before...two years ago all three reported Donavon was coming.

My point is they are all still rumor and are all trying to get a scoop and we/BGR are not being responsible.
ALL threads need to be labeled as RUMOR until substantiated.

BTW....I have John Clay scheduled to be on THE SPORTS GUYS tonight between 7-8pm if you want to get it straight from his mouth what he thinks.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:LOL
Drummond, Jones, and Maggard have ALL been wrong before...two years ago all three reported Donavon was coming.

My point is they are all still rumor and are all trying to get a scoop and we/BGR are not being responsible.

BTW....I have John Clay scheduled to be on THE SPORTS GUYS tonight between 7-8pm if you want to get it straight from his mouth what he thinks.

So Rivals is BS'ing us too?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:So Rivals is BS'ing us too?
Nobody said they weren't true...just be cautious what is rumor and what is fact.

When BGR has two threads back to back that contradict, THAT is what I am talking about.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:LOL

I understand, but there are so many arrows pointing toward Calipari to UK, so I find it hard to believe that he isn't coming.

Yes, I'll be tuning in tonight to see what he has to say.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I understand, but there are so many arrows pointing toward Calipari to UK, so I find it hard to believe that he isn't coming.

Yes, I'll be tuning in tonight to see what he has to say.
I agree...certainly looks that way, but it is all still rumor at this point
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Nobody said they weren't true...just be cautious what is rumor and what is fact.

When BGR has two threads back to back that contradict, THAT is what I am talking about.

In the "Calipari to Remain at Memphis" thread there is no link to information saying that he will indeed stay in Memphis. But I provided numerous links stating that Calipari would be resigning at Memphis.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I agree...certainly looks that way, but it is all still rumor at this point

Fair enough.
All of it's RUMORS until you see the man himself standing with a microphone in his hand and saying, I'm HOME in the BLUEGRASS State
Demarcus Cousins is now saying that Calipari isn't coming to UK, per Catspause.
This is not a complaint just a observation. I have noticed two different topics were regular members posted something then a couple of staff members threatened the members with infractions for posting rumors or things that are not fact.
kybaseball Wrote:This is not a complaint just a observation. I have noticed two different topics were regular members posted something then a couple of staff members threatened the members with infractions for posting rumors or things that are not fact.

Not sure what your referring to, but posting rumors about high school players & coaches is totally different than posting rumors about college coaches.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Demarcus Cousins is now saying that Calipari isn't coming to UK, per Catspause.

I seen this as well, but this come out before the money was offered to Calipari.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not sure what your referring to, but posting rumors about high school players & coaches is totally different than posting rumors about college coaches.

True, rumors about kids and local coaches can get under skin around here, but a rumor about a college coach is going to bother him, I doubt Calipari has ever heard of this site.

Something I want to know now that Gillispie is gone, he came in and said he'd visit all the HS's in Kentucky, he seemed to do everything but talk to the media, why didn't he ever live up to the High School thing in his 2 years?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I seen this as well, but this come out before the money was offered to Calipari.

I've read that Cousins hasn't talked to Calipari since Saturday and is just blurting.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:I've read that Cousins hasn't talked to Calipari since Saturday and is just blurting.

The only people that have spoken with Calipari is his family, Memphis players, and the Memphis administration.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:True, rumors about kids and local coaches can get under skin around here, but a rumor about a college coach is going to bother him, I doubt Calipari has ever heard of this site.

Something I want to know now that Gillispie is gone, he came in and said he'd visit all the HS's in Kentucky, he seemed to do everything but talk to the media, why didn't he ever live up to the High School thing in his 2 years?

Have never heard that before.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Have never heard that before.

It was mentioned when he first arrived in Lexington, he said something about visiting all the High Schools in Kentucky, and since, obviously, he didn't have much to do with the media, what did he do with all his time?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not sure what your referring to, but posting rumors about high school players & coaches is totally different than posting rumors about college coaches.

One was about Gillispie being fired and the other was about a high school gym being built.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=59729 post 11

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=60187 post 14

Just saying everybody needs to be carefull about posting rumors,I have been guilty myself of doing it.:biggrin:
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:It was mentioned when he first arrived in Lexington, he said something about visiting all the High Schools in Kentucky, and since, obviously, he didn't have much to do with the media, what did he do with all his time?

I will not venture to answer that question. Wink
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:True, rumors about kids and local coaches can get under skin around here, but a rumor about a college coach is going to bother him, I doubt Calipari has ever heard of this site.

I remember him makin that promise.He did make it to a few.:biggrin: Hey the guy was single cut him a little slack.:biggrin: j/k
WYMT reports that all indications point to Calipari being the next coach at UK. WKYT showed interviews with current Memphis players and they acted as if he was on his way to Lexington.

WYMT just reported that Calipari could be introduced as early as tonight as Kentucky's head coach or early tomorrow morning.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:WYMT reports that all indications point to Calipari being the next coach at UK. WKYT showed interviews with current Memphis players and they acted as if he was on his way to Lexington.

WYMT just reported that Calipari could be introduced as early as tonight as Kentucky's head coach or early tomorrow morning.

Yeah, and Calipari is till in Memphis talking with boosters about getting the UTEP coach the job at Memphis.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:WYMT reports that all indications point to Calipari being the next coach at UK. WKYT showed interviews with current Memphis players and they acted as if he was on his way to Lexington.

I'd sure like to see him in Lexington tonight.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Fair enough.
It's all good....I just wanted everyone to be careful of numerous rumors.