Poll: Which College job do coaches clamor for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky
62.16%
UCLA
0%
North Carolina
27.03%
Duke
5.41%
Other: list your own below
5.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best college Basketball Coaching Job in the Country
Lot's of debate for sure, but looking at tradition, facilities, boosters, salary and all, what is the best coaching job to be had.

There are many other schools that should and could be on the list including Indiana, Louisville and Kansas. But looking at the most traditional choices, these would be the schools that if you are a college coach at any other program in the country, you would leave for regardless of your current situation.

At the listed schools, salary is no issue. They play at the best locations in the country in fromnt of packed houses. Their practice facilities are better than all others. Their boosters will ensure you have everything that you want. The are in the National spotlight and are nationally televised for more than 1/2 of their regular season games. This is the cream of the nation and no college coach in the country that is not already at these schools would drop whatever job they currently have, regardless of relationship or comfort level of their current situation, and this is where they would go.
As much as I hate to say it...I would have to go with UNC currently being the best coaching spot in the nation. Their name alone signs some of the top recruits in the nation, all these recruits want to be part of the mystique that is UNC and relive what Michael Jordan started. The fans there do have high expectations, but they rightfully should have those expectations when UNC is consistantly bringing in one of the top-5 recruting classes in the nation.

To me, it just seems like a win-win a majority of the time coaching there.
UNC probably is the best at the moment. They win 30 games every year.
Ky
Kentucky was everyones dream job when Pitino left.
Not being bias but Kentucky is. Everyone is always looking at Kentucky seeing how they are doing. People are going crazt right now because we are down but they still know that it is the University of Kentucky. Sometimes the greatest have to struggle sometimes.
The one that just got hired. Honeymoon syndrome.

I would have to say UNC on a serious note. They have been very suceessful for the last 4 decades at 1 point or another. I would also say UCLA is pretty sweet as well, they are pretty much the only big-time job on the left coast and has a large number of high ranking recruits all to themselves.
wisconsin or southern miss
:ChairHit:
Mosley21 Wrote:wisconsin or southern miss

KY
ky wildcats Wrote:Ky

Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Kentucky was everyones dream job when Pitino left.

devilhorns05 Wrote:Not being bias but Kentucky is. Everyone is always looking at Kentucky seeing how they are doing. People are going crazt right now because we are down but they still know that it is the University of Kentucky. Sometimes the greatest have to struggle sometimes.

stonesteven Wrote::ChairHit:

KY

So it's a given, that if UK offered the job, a Donovan, Calipari, Izzo - they have to jump at the offer. This is a top tier job, and one that we will have to settle for a 2nd level coach.
Other - definitely not Kentucky. As the coach, I'm sure you'll receive a lot of attention and money, but you will have a lot of pressure on you.

If I was to choose the easiest major college to coach at, I would choose Memphis. You would have a lot of pressure, but you would be in a weak conference with a reputation of getting the best recruits in the nation.
UK...if it was'nt for the criticism..
Unc!!!!
Noway UK is the best job in the land. It hasent been for a while now.
UNC, no doubt. 30+ wins a year. They really have there pick of any recruit they want.
Gotta go with UNC
face it....UK just isn't in the glory days anymore
hopefully they will find the promised land soon....
but right now recruiting for UK is a tough job
zaga_fan Wrote:Gotta go with UNC
face it....UK just isn't in the glory days anymore
hopefully they will find the promised land soon....
but right now recruiting for UK is a tough job

Very good post
Right now I would go to UNC OR DUKE because of the fan base....and I would go ot any school rather than UK becasue I would only get two years to rebuild but 9 to destroy it...
Unc.
:d
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
theVILLE Wrote:Right now I would go to UNC OR DUKE because of the fan base....and I would go ot any school rather than UK becasue I would only get two years to rebuild but 9 to destroy it...

And I just gave you a possitive in your comments to get you back to green and you come up with this one :ChairHit:

:biggrin: :Thumbs:
North Carolina.
[quote=theVILLE]Right now I would go to UNC OR DUKE because of the fan base....and I would go ot any school rather than UK becasue I would only get two years to rebuild but 9 to destroy it...[/QUOTE

I understand if you want to pick UNC or DUKE, but your reason is off base. UK has to have the biggest fan base in the country. UK fans follow their team all over the country. Sounds like a UL fan just wanting to **** a few UK fans off.