Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Billy Gillispie end up at?
Where does everyone think Gillispie will end up at? Any Rumors or anything out yet? I know most didnt agree with his coaching schemes but hes a good recuiter. I hope him succes where ever he goes.
Texas is what I herd,, but thats just what I herd1
Well, he wanted Oklahoma State at the end of last year????

Honestly this just may be the way it works out. I think OSU would love to have BCG if UK takes Ford. If not, and this is my opinion, BCG needs to take a year off of Basketball, get his personal life in order. And take a television job someplace for a year. Getting into the media would do two things to help his future.

1. a year away from Basketball could help him clear the cobwebs of the last couple of years. We know he has some personal demons, and the time away from the stress (NO ONE CAN SAY HE DID NOT WORK HARD) and schedule could help him ground himself.

2. his relations with the Media has been horrible. Make him one of them, and he then learns how to play the system later. He has zero tact. In order to do media, you have to have tact, so this could help him tremendously with how he deals with those publicly.

Bottoline, he is a winner. He will wind up at another MAJOR program soon. My gut tells me, he will be a consistent winner again, before UK does!
Where ever he goes I think he will be a successfull coach but I don't think he ever got what UK basketball was. There are a few elite jobs and it takes a special person for those jobs.........UK, DUKE, UNC, Kansas, UCLA. Look at Coach K 29 years at Duke with 19 years in the sweet 16.
Stardust Wrote:Well, he wanted Oklahoma State at the end of last year????

Honestly this just may be the way it works out. I think OSU would love to have BCG if UK takes Ford. If not, and this is my opinion, BCG needs to take a year off of Basketball, get his personal life in order. And take a television job someplace for a year. Getting into the media would do two things to help his future.

1. a year away from Basketball could help him clear the cobwebs of the last couple of years. We know he has some personal demons, and the time away from the stress (NO ONE CAN SAY HE DID NOT WORK HARD) and schedule could help him ground himself.

2. his relations with the Media has been horrible. Make him one of them, and he then learns how to play the system later. He has zero tact. In order to do media, you have to have tact, so this could help him tremendously with how he deals with those publicly.

Bottoline, he is a winner. He will wind up at another MAJOR program soon. My gut tells me, he will be a consistent winner again, before UK does!

BCG could never work at a media job. He in no way has that type of personality. He struggled with the UK call in show. He is a winner and will help some program out there.
Colonel Kill Wrote:BCG could never work at a media job. He in no way has that type of personality. He struggled with the UK call in show. He is a winner and will help some program out there.

That's not the point I was trying to make. You are 100% right. His failings were primarily his inability to communicate the way others wanted to hear. You are probably correct, he could never be succssful, but if I was his personal coach or agent, that's what I am pushing him to do. Step our of his comfortzone, learn to overcome his weakness, and then get back into the fray.

IMO, if he had polish, he could have smoozed the UK faithful, and he would still be here today. Because he couldn't do that, he's gone. That's why he has to learn how to become a better "Face of the Program".
Stardust Wrote:That's not the point I was trying to make. You are 100% right. His failings were primarily his inability to communicate the way others wanted to hear. You are probably correct, he could never be succssful, but if I was his personal coach or agent, that's what I am pushing him to do. Step our of his comfortzone, learn to overcome his weakness, and then get back into the fray.

IMO, if he had polish, he could have smoozed the UK faithful, and he would still be here today. Because he couldn't do that, he's gone. That's why he has to learn how to become a better "Face of the Program".

:thumpsup: Understood and agree.
Is Baylor's coach goes to Georgia I say he ends up there.
NYY10 Wrote:Texas is what I herd,, but thats just what I herd1

I heard the same thing.
I've heard that BCG could end up back up with Bill Self as an assistant at Kansas.

Baylor would be a great fit for him as well as someone just said. Scott Drew is likely to take the Georgia job from what I heard.
MVP2 Wrote:Where does everyone think Gillispie will end up at? Any Rumors or anything out yet? I know most didnt agree with his coaching schemes but hes a good recuiter. I hope him succes where ever he goes.

who cares.
Arizona
I would put money on UGA or someteam in the Big 12.
BCG will make a great for any team.. With not so big expectations at the start..Like A&M,Baylor,Bama,Georgia,etc.
Colonel Kill Wrote:Where ever he goes I think he will be a successfull coach but I don't think he ever got what UK basketball was. There are a few elite jobs and it takes a special person for those jobs.........UK, DUKE, UNC, Kansas, UCLA. Look at Coach K 29 years at Duke with 19 years in the sweet 16.
yes, but coach k's first 3 years sucked, aftere taking over tubbys program you need a little time to get things going. I think he is a great coach. If uk wanted
some one for pr then that is what they should have hired in the beginning. billy is a great coach. Did they think threy could hire him for a coach and change him to what they needed? I love the cats and have a been a fan all of my life. I hope where ever he goes he plays kentucky and beats them.
Arizona or GA, possibly baylor
Im gonna say Alice Lloyd.
Overrated Wrote:BCG will make a great for any team.. With not so big expectations at the start..Like A&M,Baylor,Bama,Georgia,etc.

I agree, a smart move will be at a school that has lesser expectations. Not that he can't fulfill, them, just that a school will allow him to do what he has done in the past and build the program up
Louisville and Rick back to UK
He'll take a low pressure job. He was in over his head in Lexington, and seen what its like at a basketball first schoool, and I dont think he wants anything to do with a school that places that much pressure on you. I see him taking a rebuilding job, somewhere at a school like Georgia (not Georgia, just using that as an example)..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the old WASP Wrote:yes, but coach k's first 3 years sucked, aftere taking over tubbys program you need a little time to get things going. I think he is a great coach. If uk wanted
some one for pr then that is what they should have hired in the beginning. billy is a great coach. Did they think threy could hire him for a coach and change him to what they needed? I love the cats and have a been a fan all of my life. I hope where ever he goes he plays kentucky and beats them.

His first 3 years were terrible but who was Duke before he arrive. UK had two great players with Meeks being one of the top scorers in the nation. UK had 2 players average double digit scoring for the first time since Issel and Pratt. In the beginning he said he understood that the pressure would be on because Kentucky had high expectations and he also understood what it meant to coach one of the best programs in the country. I just don't think he fully understood what this job meant as a whole body. I agree he is a good coach for a program that is okay with getting to the NCAA tourney but he will not be able to sustain an elite program anywhere. He is a consistent coach but is not one for a high profile job. A&M might have been his best fit. I hope UK beats the sh_t out of him and Tubby anytime they play and I felt the same about Sutton.
Well he acted like he had a job in the conference today....He said he was on vacation from 2 yesterday and slept to nine this morning and planned on getting back to work TOMMOROW
Arizona if Tubby turns them down...
Tx if Rick goes to UK.
Arizona's job may be filled by the Coach that beat them last night. take it as rumor, but that has been kicked around in a fer circles and was talked about as far back as the beginning of the BEAST tourney, and got so more play yesterday.
Stardust Wrote:Arizona's job may be filled by the Coach that beat them last night. take it as rumor, but that has been kicked around in a fer circles and was talked about as far back as the beginning of the BEAST tourney, and got so more play yesterday.

I'll say again, this has already been shot down by Rick Pitino, but keep posting it if you feel the need.
NYY10 Wrote:Texas is what I herd,, but thats just what I herd1

prbly jail
He will end up at a school like a NC State, Baylor, Colorado, Nebraska, etc. Schools that don't have rich basketball tradition and schools that are satisfied with a .500+ winning percentage.
DeuceUL Wrote:I'll say again, this has already been shot down by Rick Pitino, but keep posting it if you feel the need.

Oooh, touchy :biggrin:

JK

There are some things that make since about it, but we will know soon enough. Just like the roports the Billy D and John C are not UK bound and they have shot down.......

Today, your word is only as good as the moment that you say it. It changes in the next breath......
Stardust Wrote:Oooh, touchy :biggrin:

JK

There are some things that make since about it, but we will know soon enough. Just like the roports the Billy D and John C are not UK bound and they have shot down.......

Today, your word is only as good as the moment that you say it. It changes in the next breath......

What makes sense about it?
DeuceUL Wrote:What makes sense about it?

He already has ties to the area, both business as personal. Not unlike what he has in Lexington and Boston, but he does have ties. It's those ties that have been referred to in the most recent blogging. I take blogging with a grain of salt, but Pitino's good friend (one that I dislike) Alan Cutler has inferred that the rumors have validity, but when pressed would make no further comment.