Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travis Ford
Stardust Wrote:I have not met either, but my nephew was at UK during the same period as Travis, and he was not a fan of him from a personal side. I have heard many of the same comments that you have made about him. IMO, if it's about polish, that many say BCG did not, have, well, it does not appear that Travis has it either.
I was at UK during that time too. Your nephew is right.
MVP2 Wrote:Ok, You made a point that Ford has never made it to the Sweet 16, Calipari has, even the Championship game last season. You said Ford hasnt recuited big names, Calipari has. So why would you want Ford over Calipari? That doesnt make much sense.

Confusedhh: Things that make you say Hmmmm. Excellent obseration MVP2 :Thumbs:

LOL

I'm not speaking for my friend Aslon, but what he problem was settling on was the reports that John C has already declined.
MVP2 Wrote:Ok, You made a point that Ford has never made it to the Sweet 16, Calipari has, even the Championship game last season. You said Ford hasnt recuited big names, Calipari has. So why would you want Ford over Calipari? That doesnt make much sense.

I agree with the part Billy G should have got one more year.

I don't questions Calipari's coaching ability...just how he recruits...I just don't trust him. He got caught cheating at Umass and imo hes cheating at Memphis too...he just hasent got caught. Thats why I'd take Ford over him.
Aslan Wrote:I don't questions Calipari's coaching ability...just how he recruits...I just don't trust him. He got caught cheating at Umass and imo hes cheating at Memphis too...he just hasent got caught. Thats why I'd take Ford over him.
the main reason i would like ford is cause he knows how to play basketball and as you can tell he can coach too. he understand what UK is all about. PRIDE and being the best or at least acting like it. he'll apprecciate the fans and everything that comes with it. the question is is he ready?
beasy_bo Wrote:the main reason i would like ford is cause he knows how to play basketball and as you can tell he can coach too. he understand what UK is all about. PRIDE and being the best or at least acting like it. he'll apprecciate the fans and everything that comes with it. the question is is he ready?

As I said in another thread, I'd take Pelphrey over Ford anyday.
MVP2 Wrote:As I said in another thread, I'd take Pelphrey over Ford anyday.

I ditto that. Not comfortable with either, but I would defintely put John ahead of Travis in my confidence factor.
beasy_bo Wrote:the main reason i would like ford is cause he knows how to play basketball and as you can tell he can coach too. he understand what UK is all about. PRIDE and being the best or at least acting like it. he'll apprecciate the fans and everything that comes with it. the question is is he ready?

Why is it that he understands what UK is all about?

He went to Missouri and transferred back when he saw what Pitino was building. He has no loyalty to UK or anyone else.

Yes he has pride. In himself. He would not appreciate the fans one bit.

Is he ready? Yeah, he is if there is enough money in it for him.
FBALL Wrote:Why is it that he understands what UK is all about?

He went to Missouri and transferred back when he saw what Pitino was building. He has no loyalty to UK or anyone else.

Yes he has pride. In himself. He would not appreciate the fans one bit.

Is he ready? Yeah, he is if there is enough money in it for him.

???

He wasn't offered a scholorship by UK out of high school.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:???

If so, then why would he have turned it down?
Stardust Wrote:If so, then why would he have turned it down?

That's something we will obviously never no since he wasn't offered a scholly.
i went to school with travis and seeing the way his dad was and his attitude i think travis would do good there..
If it comes to this, then I would have to become a full-fledged Louisville fan.
Calipari is who u need great coach and good recruiter i think if he goes to uk he could defiently help uk basketball team alot and maybe take em to final 4 who knows ?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:???

What does that matter?

People are trying to make him out like he was born and bred to UK blue. He wasn't. Recruited out of high school or not.
FBALL Wrote:What does that matter?

People are trying to make him out like he was born and bred to UK blue. He wasn't. Recruited out of high school or not.

Who are you to say he wasn't a UK fan while growing up?

He was born and raised in Kentucky, wasn't offered by UK out of high school, signed with Missouri and later transferred to Kentucky.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who are you to say he wasn't a UK fan while growing up?

He was born and raised in Kentucky, wasn't offered by UK out of high school, signed with Missouri and later transferred to Kentucky.

Who are you to say he was?

Yes he was born and raised in Kentucky and did sign and play for Missouri before transferring to UK.

That really doesn't mean he is the best man for the job or cares alot for the UK program.

He wasn't recruited by UK because many questioned if his size would limit his effectiveness at the college level. After a year as a Tiger that question was answered and he came to Lexington sat out a year and went on to excell in Pitino's style of play. He is one of the best passers, ballhandlers and shooters that I have ever seen. Still yet he is a jerk to the extent that even Gillispie did not achieve.
FBALL Wrote:Who are you to say he was?

Yes he was born and raised in Kentucky and did sign and play for Missouri before transferring to UK.

That really doesn't mean he is the best man for the job or cares alot for the UK program.

He wasn't recruited by UK because many questioned if his size would limit his effectiveness at the college level. After a year as a Tiger that question was answered and he came to Lexington sat out a year and went on to excell in Pitino's style of play. He is one of the best passers, ballhandlers and shooters that I have ever seen. Still yet he is a jerk to the extent that even Gillispie did not achieve.

Ford has won everywhere he's been and he took Oklahoma State to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, something Gillispie didn't do with two of the best players in the country on his team.

Being from Kentucky and playing for Kentucky certainly doesn't mean that he is a supporter of the school, but he certainly does have UK supporter written all over him.

What experience did you have with Ford that makes you think he is a jerk? I've never heard of him get accused of anything in the past until now.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Ford has won everywhere he's been and he took Oklahoma State to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament, something Gillispie didn't do with two of the best players in the country on his team.

Being from Kentucky and playing for Kentucky certainly doesn't mean that he is a supporter of the school, but he certainly does have UK supporter written all over him.

What experience did you have with Ford that makes you think he is a jerk? I've never heard of him get accused of anything in the past until now.

Met him briefly in highschool. He was a jerk then.

Met him more frequently when attending UK at the same time. He was still a jerk.

Last time I was in the same room with him was when he was at EKU. Still a jerk.

I have never seen any reason to change my opinion of him.

For what its worth Gillispie had won everywhere he had been as well. That didn't make him the right man for the job either.
FBALL Wrote:Met him briefly in highschool. He was a jerk then.

Met him more frequently when attending UK at the same time. He was still a jerk.

Last time I was in the same room with him was when he was at EKU. Still a jerk.

I have never seen any reason to change my opinion of him.

Fair enough.
Just leave it alone people, stardust and his buddies think they know everything about UK basketball and whats best for it when no one really knows. I wouldnt have a problem with Ford being coach, although I dont think he is ready either, however he couldnt possibly do any worse than the idiot UK just fired. My choice would be Calipari and if Andy Katz and others are right then UK should definitely go hard after him. Another thing, Meeks is not leaving UK, why would he. Gillispie is gone and from what I have seen and heard, it didnt bother Meeks in the least. As for Patterson, I could care less what he does, he isnt even that good from what I have watched of him. Sure he gets some rebounds every now and then, but he is lazy most of the time and his offensive skills are limited to layups mostly, a few dunks here and there and forced turnaround jumpshots that barely hit the rim. He has alot of work to do and some major re-thinking if his mindset is on the pros, he is not ready at all. Anyway, this is about coaches and like I said my choice would be Calipari. One more thing, where did you people get the info that he cheated at UMASS and is now doing the same thing at Memphis, wheres your proof? He was never implicated of anything at UMASS and hasnt been at Memphis. Oh wait, I forgot, stardust supposedly knows all the answers to these questions, im so stupid, sorry about that. He has all the answers and everyone else is stupid.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Just leave it alone people, stardust and his buddies think they know everything about UK basketball and whats best for it when no one really knows. I wouldnt have a problem with Ford being coach, although I dont think he is ready either, however he couldnt possibly do any worse than the idiot UK just fired. My choice would be Calipari and if Andy Katz and others are right then UK should definitely go hard after him. Another thing, Meeks is not leaving UK, why would he. Gillispie is gone and from what I have seen and heard, it didnt bother Meeks in the least. As for Patterson, I could care less what he does, he isnt even that good from what I have watched of him. Sure he gets some rebounds every now and then, but he is lazy most of the time and his offensive skills are limited to layups mostly, a few dunks here and there and forced turnaround jumpshots that barely hit the rim. He has alot of work to do and some major re-thinking if his mindset is on the pros, he is not ready at all. Anyway, this is about coaches and like I said my choice would be Calipari. One more thing, where did you people get the info that he cheated at UMASS and is now doing the same thing at Memphis, wheres your proof? He was never implicated of anything at UMASS and hasnt been at Memphis. Oh wait, I forgot, stardust supposedly knows all the answers to these questions, im so stupid, sorry about that. He has all the answers and everyone else is stupid.

:thatsfunn.....I think that pretty much covers it.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Just leave it alone people, stardust and his buddies think they know everything about UK basketball and whats best for it when no one really knows. I wouldnt have a problem with Ford being coach, although I dont think he is ready either, however he couldnt possibly do any worse than the idiot UK just fired. My choice would be Calipari and if Andy Katz and others are right then UK should definitely go hard after him. Another thing, Meeks is not leaving UK, why would he. Gillispie is gone and from what I have seen and heard, it didnt bother Meeks in the least. As for Patterson, I could care less what he does, he isnt even that good from what I have watched of him. Sure he gets some rebounds every now and then, but he is lazy most of the time and his offensive skills are limited to layups mostly, a few dunks here and there and forced turnaround jumpshots that barely hit the rim. He has alot of work to do and some major re-thinking if his mindset is on the pros, he is not ready at all. Anyway, this is about coaches and like I said my choice would be Calipari. One more thing, where did you people get the info that he cheated at UMASS and is now doing the same thing at Memphis, wheres your proof? He was never implicated of anything at UMASS and hasnt been at Memphis. Oh wait, I forgot, stardust supposedly knows all the answers to these questions, im so stupid, sorry about that. He has all the answers and everyone else is stupid.

So you still make this personal. I am so happy that I have gotten under your very thin skin kiddo. Oh how sensitive you are. Good luck in life....:eyeroll:
Guys don't make this a personal fight. We all have different views and opinions. This is a place where we all can voice them. Not that anyone that matters is really paying attention to it.

Keep it civil.