Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Miller
What are everyone's thoughts on Miller being UK's next head coach? He is the current coach at Xavier and has done a fantastic job with Xavier. He has taken mid-major Xavier to the sweet 16 this season, elite eight last season, 2nd round two seasons ago, and 1st round three seasons ago. So his teams continue to improve each year.

All this in only 5 years of coaching. Quite impressive I must say.
I dont think he would leave X. He has a good thing going there.
Don't see him leaving Xavier.
I like the potential hire as well.

He won 30 games in 2008 (best season in Xavier history) and went to the elite 8. His teams are always among the top 20 in the polls and make good runs in the NCAA Tourney. He gets good recruits with players like B.J. Raymond, Derrick Brown, Josh Duncan, and Drew Lavender. He landed a good freshman big man that gave some quality minutes this season in Kenny Frease.

If Calipari and Izzo say no, give this man a chance.
He won't leave Xavier. In My Opinion.
Behind Calipari he is my #1 choice as I posted in another thread earlier today. Miller is a great coach, a great recruiter, and seems like he could handle the pressure.

Why in the world would he not leave Xavier? No offense, but he doesn't have a large chance of winning any titles there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Behind Calipari he is my #1 choice as I posted in another thread earlier today. Miller is a great coach, a great recruiter, and seems like he could handle the pressure.

Why in the world would he not leave Xavier? No offense, but he doesn't have a large chance of winning any titles there.

I agree with him
He's a good coach, but I'd take Calipari, Izzo, and Pelphrey over him.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:He's a good coach, but I'd take Calipari, Izzo, and Pelphrey over him.

I agree with your first two but please no Pelphrey.
I don't think Miller is the answer. He seems to have a good feel for the X's and O's but UK is more than just that as we have seen. They should have had a coach in-line before getting rid of BCG. I have a bad feeling this will not turn out well.
:please:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I don't think Miller is the answer. He seems to have a good feel for the X's and O's but UK is more than just that as we have seen. They should have had a coach in-line before getting rid of BCG. I have a bad feeling this will not turn out well.

Please be wrong! But you just might be right, kentucky was won of the best coaching places to be, but now its not on top of everyones list!
^ or we will see. If it draws A top coach, then we will see where the job ranks, or if the job just ranks
I like.