Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Players
tiller hands down was the best player but i dont think he played a game of middle school basketball
how about the cyrus kid and the kiser boy??? i heard they are pretty good,,,,,
Not for sure who Lewis is from Boyd Co.
wildcat44 Wrote:Not for sure who Lewis is from Boyd Co.

She moved out of state. IMO the best 7th grader in the 16th last year, Boyd would have easily won the OVC and had a good run at state, with Fraley, Lewis, Wheeler and Newsome.
I think that one of the top Middle School players in the state for 2009-2010 is a 6th grader from Eminence. His name is DeMarcus Bailey, almost 6' tall and averaging 27 points a game.
Betsy Layne has a really nice player in the Hamilton kid #10, good in all aspects of the game !!!!!
no doubt, the best players is all the awesome holdbacks. holdbacks is exactly the way it is spelled. they are holdbacks costing us money and taking away younger kids time to play. all good for the parents.
redd Wrote:no doubt, the best players is all the awesome holdbacks. holdbacks is exactly the way it is spelled. they are holdbacks costing us money and taking away younger kids time to play. all good for the parents.

Your bitter REDD. REDD is exactly the way it is spelled also. Stop with the holbacks most of the great players you know everywhere college, NBA and grade school are holdbacks so please! And for your tax dollars your not the only one that pays them!!!
Boyd Co. out of the OVC big school division:
Grayson Griffith can put the ball in the hoop from just about anywhere.
Jordan Smith (Big Cat) is a great rebounder would not be surprised if he dont average 15 plus rebounds a game this year has a big wide body, hard to move and pretty quick for his size, can put up double digits in scoring too.
Jonah Black is probably one of the best defenders in the conference with very quick hands and great speed. Causes alot of problems for whoever he guards.
I don't think they cost you one dime. There are at least 3 kids in Floyd County that are already 15 and none of them are at Betsy Layne. There are holdbacks at Allen Central, South Floyd, Adams, Wesley and probably the other schools. Knott Co Sportsplex has a league for kids and I think they guarantee playing time.

redd Wrote:no doubt, the best players is all the awesome holdbacks. holdbacks is exactly the way it is spelled. they are holdbacks costing us money and taking away younger kids time to play. all good for the parents.
BadNewsKat33 Wrote:Don't know much about it but the kid from Wesley Chistian Frasure kid is very impressive. What grade is he in?

he transferred to adams middle school and he is in 6 grade
4mog Wrote:the Meade kid from Wesley has more talent and ability than anyone. no one can shoot or handle the ball like he can. heard him and his brother were changing schools. somebody needs to be looking

they transferred to mullins
Shane Hall 8th grader JCMS.....Anyone who's played against this kid will tell you he's one of the best....6'6 can 360 dunk, handles the ball like a guard, plays good defense, is fast, excellent shooter.....Best player in the state IMO
jceagle5 Wrote:Shane Hall 8th grader JCMS.....Anyone who's played against this kid will tell you he's one of the best....6'6 can 360 dunk, handles the ball like a guard, plays good defense, is fast, excellent shooter.....Best player in the state IMO

This kid is by far one of the best i've seen at the middle school level.
Old Blue Wrote:She moved out of state. IMO the best 7th grader in the 16th last year, Boyd would have easily won the OVC and had a good run at state, with Fraley, Lewis, Wheeler and Newsome.

:thatsfunn even with Lewis they still wouldn't have enough to take out Verity.
Shane Hall is one awesome player! Our boys enjoy playing against him.
MaroonMafia Wrote::thatsfunn even with Lewis they still wouldn't have enough to take out Verity.

That would be an awesome game, for BC that is, and I'd love to see it...
P. Case Betsy Layne and Meade from Mullins.
I think the Belter kid from Dorton is the most dominate player
i think the mcpeek kid from jcms is someone to watch out for he has speed and talent all over the floor...he makes things happen when he enters the floor...
About the frasure kid i this year he is at adams and i think paintsville's 6th grade starters are dominate... Just to be in the 6th grade these kids play every game like there is no tommorroww... these kids are Kent Phelps, Luke Trimble, Andrew Rice, Jordan Ray, and Luke Vance...
The Frasure kid has enormous potential, however, he isnt mentally tough and he hasnt been coached well up to this point. As a group the Paintsville kids are as good as group as you will find, and they are extremely well coached by Hatcher and Simpson.
Best thing I ever did was hold my son back.
Lman24 Wrote::rockon: this year virgie shouldn't even have any competition in pike county.

feds creek should play with virgie they have already beaten dorton twice
back_in_black Wrote:feds creek should play with virgie they have already beaten dorton twice
Unlike you, I will give credit where credit is due. Fedscreek does have a nice team this year. IMO, the second best in the county. However, FC finally has a team that come close to competing and everyone over there goes nuts and thinks they can beat UK. The rest of the county thinks this is funny too. Just keep talking, the bullseye is getting bigger and bigger. I guarantee Virgie will be ready when they meet. Last time I checked, Virgie was also Runner-ups last year and got all 5 starters back. Go figure.
GOLDFISH115 Wrote:The Frasure kid has enormous potential, however, he isnt mentally tough and he hasnt been coached well up to this point. As a group the Paintsville kids are as good as group as you will find, and they are extremely well coached by Hatcher and Simpson.

Frasure is in 6th grade at Adams and if you have watched him this year, I think you will find he is maturing both physically and mentally. He is only 12 years old. He's in a great program and if he continues to work hard and improve he has alot of potential.
I believe Tracy did a fine job coaching Dalton at Wesley, he has good fundamentals and a concept of how to play. He did however become frustrated early in the season but has improved on that and is playing with alot of confidence.
Thanks, but Dalton's play speaks for itself. I coached him for 2 years and he has improved every year. I'm proud of all of my old players and wish them the best of luck, except when they are playing me....lol
What about in the 16th region? How does Tyler Thacker rank against the other 8th grade boys in the 16th. Plays for Rowan County who is undefeated so far.
TR196KY Wrote:What about in the 16th region? How does Tyler Thacker rank against the other 8th grade boys in the 16th. Plays for Rowan County who is undefeated so far.

The kid from lewis co (ruckel) is pretty good