Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
volley ball players to watch
So Who do you guys think are the middle school players to watch this year.

Belfry's
#4 Grace baldwin has a killer serve
#18 Ashley Norman had some awesome kills and blocks agianst ac the other nicht
belfry is also useing a labro not seen often in middle school ball

feds creek
has already has lost 2 in co. games l's to belfry and millard

allen centrals #11 shows great talent but they play her as a starter on a team
and drop her to b team if they need her
I went and watched Millard's first game because my neice is on C-team, and I having six year's experience in volleyball thought that...
On their A team
#21-Abby Epling, her serves and hits are amazing for an 8th grader.
#12-Rebecca Clark, very good setter, her and Abby work very well together.
#22-Katie Thacker, also a very nice setter, does well with the other two hitters #4 Eden Wyatt and #5 Savannah Looney.
So, watch out for all of them.
belfry's #4 played for the high school
yep her and the norman girl both are 8th graders that played on the high school team
vollyballer Wrote:So Who do you guys think are the middle school players to watch this year.

Belfry's
#4 Grace baldwin has a killer serve
#18 Ashley Norman had some awesome kills and blocks agianst ac the other nicht
belfry is also useing a labro not seen often in middle school ball

feds creek
has already has lost 2 in co. games l's to belfry and millard

allen centrals #11 shows great talent but they play her as a starter on a team
and drop her to b team if they need her

ummm, Millard hasn't played Feds Creek yet.....that is next Monday night @ Millard:dontthink
vollyballer Wrote:yep her and the norman girl both are 8th graders that played on the high school team
Yes, Millard's #4 (Eden) and #5 (Savannah) also played for the high school team last year and they are just 7th graders. Abby Epling also made the high school team and chose not to play that season, but was perfectly capable of keeping up with the high school girls as well. Millard is STACKED with talent.
:Cheerlead
Well, on the Millard Volleyball team Abby Epling#21, Eden Wyatt#4, and Savannah Looney#5 also played on the high school team. Eden and Savannah only being in 7th grade and when Abby tried out she was in 7th grade also.

So, Belfy better look out.. Millard's probably going to be the one to beat this year.
So, you guys better bring your A game unless you want to go home defeated.
what's everyones thoughts on millards #4 (eden wyatt) and #5 (savannah Looney) and abby Epling?
MILLARD is the team to watch
shortymom Wrote:ummm, Millard hasn't played Feds Creek yet.....that is next Monday night @ Millard:dontthink

sorry i was misinformed :thanks:
and rebecca clark ,tanisha perry, and katie thacker well millards 2hole a team
haven't gotten a chance to see them play yet is millard playing in the allen central tourament
my post is in tw0ommessages
Yes, Millard is playing in the Allen Central Tournament.
I Think Millard Is The Team To Watch For This Year!!!!!! Their Team Has Alot Of Talented Players And A Great Coach(misty Ridle).
go millard..

misty riddle is the best coach i have ever seen ..millard should be grateful that they have such a good coach.
I understand that millard is proud of thier coach but i'd like to hear a little about thier players give us some stats height #of kills in a game anything about the girls
does anybody know phelps record?
no but they lost all three games to belfry tonight
Mountain Christian Academy...who did they loose??? They still have Shonda Bailey, Kelli Akers, Sha Quesenberry & Blair Johnson. They will be tough!!!
i think it is sad that no one can see that mca has a lot of talent......i guess it is because we r a private school...big talent comes from small schools...everyone will see this year coming up...:biggrin:
I have heard that MCA has always had an awesome team.
I do agree that Millard has a wonderful team...but all of the credit shouldnt be
given to Abby, Savannah, Eden, Rebecca and Katie....there are a lot of the other girls that play just as good and just as hard as those girls do....Millard would do a lot better, win more games and possibly make it to the tournaments if Mrs. Riddle would quit worrying about hurting Abby's feelings and take her out of the game when she keeps screwing up instead of telling her that it OK and giving the game to the other teams....she is doing nothing but knocking the other girls out of winning the game. Yeah, she is a very good player most of the time....but all of the girls have BAD days...and Mrs. Riddle sure doesnt hesitate to take them out of the game....what is so special about Abby....maybe she is just one of the favorites.......tonight at the game against Virgie, Mrs. Riddle did finally wise up and take her out but after about 1 minute and a few fake tears and she was right back in the game to fail at another spike attempt....this is getting ridiculious....Abby wasn't the only one that messed up tonight but she sure made the majority of them again tonight...yeah she tries hard and like I said, she is a good player most of the time.....but maybe if she could sit on the bench and watch the other girls win a game without her then maybe she might learn a lesson or two from it......:ChairHit:
Abby is a great player!
she gets every one excited and happy
ur very mean
her spikes r killer!
Why would you criticize a player like that? Abby was very sick that night and had passed out right after the game too. She tried her hardest, and that's all that matters... And knowing Abby, she cannot cry on the spot.. and usually doesn't. So, you need to quit singling her out and giving her vredit for even attempting to oplay when very sick like that. That just shows she loves volleyball and really cares about it. So, get your stories srtaight please.

And, btw, who is this? Own up to it now.
Ok abby just had a few bad games,but no ones perfect and everybody messes up.Plus alot of the girls was sick that game(if you didnt know,abby passed out)
btw about giving the credit to them,maybe its cause their on A team.Who knows.
Ok well all the girls had a bad game cause they were sick,so no use to single abby out.abby is wonderful player you just wish you could be as good as her.
oh and maybe they get all credit cause their on A team and they kill it(?who knows?)btw i think there is one player you didnt mention on the starting 6 on A team!
Well ive went to almost every game,and from what I seen Abby Epling,Rebecca Clark,Katie Thacker,Eden Wyatt,and Savannah Looney are the ones to watch out for.Yeah they sometimes have bad games,but they are all really good players.Abby Epling -21 has the most amazing spikes and serves Ive ever seen,Rebecca Clark-12 has great back sets,she really tricks the other team,Katie Thacker-22 has wonderful sets,EdenWyatt-4 has an amazing serve to only be in 7th grade she also digs it out good,Savannah Looney-5 she is so tiny that you think she would get killed,but she stands her ground and kills it,she also has an amazing spike.So volleyballer I think watch what you say cause your wrong all them girls are good.btw it seems like volleyballer is someone off millards team they dont get as much playing time,you just need to have more practice and effort.so boohoo,maybe if just worked a little harder you might to play and be as good as them. They should get all the credit,you dont know what your talking about!
Volleyballer Wrote:I do agree that Millard has a wonderful team...but all of the credit shouldnt be
given to Abby, Savannah, Eden, Rebecca and Katie....there are a lot of the other girls that play just as good and just as hard as those girls do....Millard would do a lot better, win more games and possibly make it to the tournaments if Mrs. Riddle would quit worrying about hurting Abby's feelings and take her out of the game when she keeps screwing up instead of telling her that it OK and giving the game to the other teams....she is doing nothing but knocking the other girls out of winning the game. Yeah, she is a very good player most of the time....but all of the girls have BAD days...and Mrs. Riddle sure doesnt hesitate to take them out of the game....what is so special about Abby....maybe she is just one of the favorites.......tonight at the game against Virgie, Mrs. Riddle did finally wise up and take her out but after about 1 minute and a few fake tears and she was right back in the game to fail at another spike attempt....this is getting ridiculious....Abby wasn't the only one that messed up tonight but she sure made the majority of them again tonight...yeah she tries hard and like I said, she is a good player most of the time.....but maybe if she could sit on the bench and watch the other girls win a game without her then maybe she might learn a lesson or two from it......:ChairHit:

Well, you mentioned 5 of the starting 6 on the A-Team so it wouldn't be very hard to figure out who you are. Who you are isn't all that important anyway, the only thing that matters is the game itself. If you really want to pick on people who make mistakes, the whole team in general makes mistakes, so why pick at just one of them? I could sit here and name every mistake that EVERY player has made at each game. The worst mistake that a volleyball player makes is not trying, and letting the ball hit the floor right at her feet while standing there looking at it.

Each one of these girls that you mentioned plays very hard, and they move quickly, and they win AS A TEAM by working together.

I'm not sure why you made the comments that you did, but I for one think they can go right down the :flush: .

Way to go Millard at your Johns Creek game last night, you all rocked!!!!!:Thumbs:
Vollyballer, you said "I do agree that Millard has a wonderful team...but all of the credit shouldnt be
given to Abby, Savannah, Eden, Rebecca and Katie....there are a lot of the other girls that play just as good and just as hard as those girls do"

Ummm, that's almost the whole A-Team, minus one.....so, are you saying that only 1 person should get credit for a game well played? :dontthink

I know the B-team plays really well. They worked very hard at the Johns Creek game last night. They worked together. I'm not sure who the tall dark haired girl is, but I know she rocked last night with her serves, spikes, and hits. The rest of the girls played amazing too.