Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Filling out NIT Bracket...
I for 1 am not, Boycott this travesty.... I never thought I'd see the day Kentucky wasn't in the NCAA Tourney...
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
I don't plan on filling an NIT bracket out ever.
Why would you????
Please don't you dare listen or check a box score of a UK game while they play in the NIT either. If you hate it that bad, then don't be a closet follower
CraftCreeker Wrote:I for 1 am not, Boycott this travesty.... I never thought I'd see the day Kentucky wasn't in the NCAA Tourney...

You're obviously too young to remember anything about the program.
kyrifle Wrote:You're obviously too young to remember anything about the program.
The farthest memory I have of Kentucky was 1992... the shot you know... I think it was because the whole house hold was going crazy lol
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
This really doesnt have any relevance to filling out a NIT bracket but... The fact is, we are more than likely going to the NIT. I would much rather go to the NCAA, theres no doubt about it. But theres nothing we can do. We are fans that sit on our behinds and watch, we are not the ones out there playing and giving it all we got, so really we have no right to complain "to the extent" that some of the fans do. People are going to the players facebook pages and leaving terrible comments and things, and that to me is beyond embarrasing, because im apart of a fanbase that does some of the things some of the UK fans do (Im pretty sure nobody on here does that kind of thing, just sayin.) So why not (no matter where UK goes) root for our team that we love so much? I dont care who we are playing or where its at, I want the blue & white to win. And im glad I get to see them play again this year.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:This really doesnt have any relevance to filling out a NIT bracket but... The fact is, we are more than likely going to the NIT. I would much rather go to the NCAA, theres no doubt about it. But theres nothing we can do. We are fans that sit on our behinds and watch, we are not the ones out there playing and giving it all we got, so really we have no right to complain "to the extent" that some of the fans do. People are going to the players facebook pages and leaving terrible comments and things, and that to me is beyond embarrasing, because im apart of a fanbase that does some of the things some of the UK fans do (Im pretty sure nobody on here does that kind of thing, just sayin.) So why not (no matter where UK goes) root for our team that we love so much? I dont care who we are playing or where its at, I want the blue & white to win. And im glad I get to see them play again this year.

Good Post. Root for your team, no matter who is at the helm. Are those who voted for McCain now un American. The Country is at it's worst ecnomically - meaning our winning % is very low this year, so do we say it stinks and we won't support it. UK Basketball is not Life. Enjoy it for what it is.
Stardust Wrote:Good Post. Root for your team, no matter who is at the helm. Are those who voted for McCain now un American. The Country is at it's worst ecnomically - meaning our winning % is very low this year, so do we say it stinks and we won't support it. UK Basketball is not Life. Enjoy it for what it is.

I agree. I will always stand by Kentucky. Now, will I always stand by the coach? Stardust could tell you that.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. I will always stand by Kentucky. Now, will I always stand by the coach? Stardust could tell you that.

:Thumbs: this is true i just hope UK makes a good running in the NIT just to end this season on a decent ending and i definitely don't see them winning it either but i can always hope:biggrin:
UK will also have teams in the NIT like St. Mary's and possibly Creighton, both could knock off UK.
Thanks to Uncle Eddie (Sutton) UK was put on probation....I believe that we might be the only team to win a conference tournament and not get into the NCAA Tournament (1991). However...teams such as UNC, Duke, etc. all have missed out on the "Big Dance" since we've been back in. It happens, we just need to be supportive to our boys and wish them the best of luck in whatever happens...then let the chips fall where they may.
The field for the 2009 National Invitation Tournament will be announced Sunday night, March 15th on ESPNU at 9:00 pm Eastern time
I will always stand by the CATS, the student/athletes. As for the coach, that's "abad question" and "not in my job description". LOL That guy is on his own..............
I feel about the NIT like Ricky Bobby. "If you ain't first, you're last!" NIT is a last place tournament, but I would never turn my back on those players. They deserve a better experience than they are getting
Not
In
The NCAA

Kentucky
South Carolina
Florida
Auburn
maybe Vandy
Any UK fans needing help to fill out there NIT bracket just give me a cal...lol...j/p. I think they are better then most teams in the NCAA and should have at least got a little atention. I look for UK to go far into the NIT.
They are better than alot of teams that got in the NCAA, but most of those bad teams won there conference. But it is what it is, i'll be a UK fan till the death of me, even if we lost the biggest no name in the first round of the NIT.
I feel sorry for UK having to compete in the "Not Important Tournament".
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. I will always stand by Kentucky. Now, will I always stand by the coach? Stardust could tell you that.

:ChairHit: LOL, I still forgive you :biggrin:
i love Kentucky and always will i never turn my back on them GO BIG BLUE.
I will not fill one out. Waste of time!
I will be filling out one, I'm a true blue fan through and through. I hate seeing UK in the NIT, but I'll take what ever i can get.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I feel sorry for UK having to compete in the "Not Important Tournament".

I always thought it meant Not In Tournament.
Well just because I am not going to fill one out, that doesn't mean that I will not root for them in this tournament.