Poll: Who do you all want???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bob Knight
20.51%
John Calipari
33.33%
Billy Donovan
10.26%
Tom Izzo
2.56%
Thad Matta
2.56%
John Pelfrey
15.38%
Travis Ford
5.13%
Jamie Dixon
2.56%
Bill Self
5.13%
Mark Few
2.56%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Next Head Coach
It will come down to Billy D or John Calipari...mark it down
I believe BCG will be next "years" coach.
Stardust Wrote:I believe BCG will be next "years" coach.

I hope so....lol....Louisville wins then....But back to the topic...I would like to see IZZO be the next coach or Pelfrey...
I say give him one more year. However, I have thought that he has been in over head since the day they hired him. You have to be a special kind of coach to coach at Kentucky and I just don't think he has all the qualities that it takes. He's not a very good "people person", he doesn't handle the pressure very well, he likes the nightlife way to much, not very good with his loyal boosters, not making his fan base very happy and this isn't even mentioning his win/loss record. I do think he's a good recruiter though. He has had success at other schools but those other schools are happy to have one REAL good team out of 6 or seven, he's at UK now boys and girls and we as a state expect exceptional teams every year because we are KENTUCKY.
Everyone needs to come to the realization that Kentucky lacked players, plain and simple. They have two legitimate players with some experience in Meeks and Patterson, that's it.... Miller will be a very nice player along with Liggins and Galloway and Harrellson, but they lack experience... There is 1 senior and he cannot play at Georgetown College, only 1 junior that is legitimate and 1 sophomore that is legitimate. Give the man two more recruiting classes. He has Orton and Hood coming in with a PG and the following year he has Ferguson.

Give him time to get his players in place. He needs to change his tactics with the media and start learning a freaking ZONE defense
By the way, I really hate to say this, but look at Louisville. EXPERIENCE GUARDS, EXPERIENCE FORWARDS and EXPERIENCE BENCH. What's the difference between Louisville and Kentucky besides 5 National Championships, EXPERIENCE..

When BCG beat Rick Pitino in Rupp two years ago, what was the deciding factor, EXPERIENCE at Texas A&M
Billy G. is not going anywhere for at least another year. EOT
If he can't win 25 games a year and make it to the finals he won't last long.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:If he can't win 25 games a year and make it to the finals he won't last long.

:Clap:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Same thing all of you did after Brooks second season, all you did was call for his head. Once he started winning it was all hail Brooks and UK football. It takes a real fan to stick by their team and COACH during rough times and that is where UK basketball is right now. Its both the players and the coaching staff, the players dont play defense and only look out for themselves on the offensive end. They rarely back one another or give each other a pat on the butt after taking a charge or hitting a nice shot. This team needs a TRUE LEADER which they dont have. They need to become more of one rather then hearing Meeks this, Patterson that or Miller needs this. The media is killing it for the kids, the fans are as well. As Bobby Knight once said the crtics can kiss my *** the players and Billy G need to live by this and refer it to the fans and media. I have shyed away from UK basketball not because of the players or coaches but because of the fans who ruin the sport for these kids it is absolutley pathetic. Let the kids play the game and let the coach do their job. Thats what we did when we had Pitino and every one was much much much happier. Fans need to say something good for a change so these kids can have some type of confidence because right now they have none and we as fans have no one to blame but our selves. They are young but talented. If Pat and Meeks stay with the kids we have coming in Billy G. will have a really talented and more matured team on his hands and they will do better. This is not more difffrent then end of the 05 football season besides the basketball team has more tradition.

:notworthy :Thumbs: Perfect post! Us UK fans want to draw first blood at the site of defeat. Put yourself in his shoes. You wouldn't want to be fired after two years, and your recruits not even getting here. Be real!
Navajo4life Wrote:Everyone needs to come to the realization that Kentucky lacked players, plain and simple. They have two legitimate players with some experience in Meeks and Patterson, that's it.... Miller will be a very nice player along with Liggins and Galloway and Harrellson, but they lack experience... There is 1 senior and he cannot play at Georgetown College, only 1 junior that is legitimate and 1 sophomore that is legitimate. Give the man two more recruiting classes. He has Orton and Hood coming in with a PG and the following year he has Ferguson.

Give him time to get his players in place. He needs to change his tactics with the media and start learning a freaking ZONE defense
Billy G isnt on the hot seat for his wins and losses, everybody knows that Patterson and Meeks is all we have. His actions with the media and problems in the lockeroom is the problem.
I think we should hire the ghost of Adolph Rupp to coach. That just my opinion though.

BTW.. Shes pretty hott, huh? ---------> :girlwink:
mrfootball03 Wrote:BTW.. Shes pretty hott, huh? ---------> :girlwink:

Wooohooo
i say we impeach president Obama if the econemy ist't fixed in six months same as BCG can't fix tubbys mess in 2 years LOL.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I think we should hire the ghost of Adolph Rupp to coach. That just my opinion though.

BTW.. Shes pretty hott, huh? ---------> :girlwink:

:beg: can't keep my eyes off her what was this thread about again:please:
well i say lets hire brooks for basketball too why the heck not?