Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sec Player Of The Year
Marcus thornton of LSU
THOUGHTS????
Jodie Meeks, if he is candidate for POY nationally, how is he not POY of the SEC
Stardust Wrote:Jodie Meeks, if he is candidate for POY nationally, how is he not POY of the SEC

GOOD question...guess he was overrated...lol
:thatsfunn
theVILLE Wrote:GOOD question...guess he was overrated...lol
:thatsfunn

No, that is TWILL
Stardust Wrote:No, that is TWILL

No he wasnt nominated for POY and cant even win the conference POY....
theVILLE Wrote:No he wasnt nominated for POY and cant even win the conference POY....

yeah, your right, TWILL just is not very good, I agree with you
Stardust Wrote:yeah, your right, TWILL just is not very good, I agree with you

Ok whatever man.....just beacause his TEAM is better font be hating:redboxer:
LSU-Marcus Thornton
UK-Jodie Meeks
UK-Patrick Patterson
MisterPerfect Wrote:LSU-Marcus Thornton
UK-Jodie Meeks
UK-Patrick Patterson

Dud it wasnt an opinion it was FACT MARCUS thornton was the POY of the SEC:biggrin:
theVILLE Wrote:Dud it wasnt an opinion it was FACT MARCUS thornton was the POY of the SEC:biggrin:

:lmao:
theVILLE Wrote:Dud it wasnt an opinion it was FACT MARCUS thornton was the POY of the SEC:biggrin:

Oh. My bad!

Sorry about that.
Today is a perfect example of why Jodie Meeks didn't win POY...
I think if Meeks would have hit his jumper more consistintly late in the season, then he would have won, but as the season went on it looked like the only way he could score was to attack the hole.
Meeks is not the best player in the SEC, when hes not hitting hes one of the hardest players I've ever tried to watch. His game is that ugly and I'm a loyal UK fan. When his shots are going its a different story. With that being said I have no clue who'll be SEC-POY and would rater not throw a name in because i feel its too close too call.
i'd take thornton over meeks anyday. thornton is smart. that already makes him better then meeks.
Hard to argue against Thornton. Meeks has struggled the last few games.
Marcus Thornton earned SEC Player of the year averaging 21 points per game and leading the LSU tigers to a regular season conference championship. Congrats to Thornton.
Meeks has been doing exceptional up until the last of the season. Thornton, however, has been consistently good throughout the entire season and is surrounded with players which aid in his success. That is why he got what he deserves
I think it will wake him up, and make him realize that he needs to come back his senior season.