Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Patterson To Stay!!!
theVILLE Wrote:Who are teyy playing VMI and Gardner Webb to get 25 wins:lmao:

nope, louisville.. we can place bets on that next year.. i'll gladly take your money.. :Thumbs:
Awesome news!!!
Per WKYT Patterson is now backing off the statements that he made. Apparently, he's saying he will 'reevaluate' his situation at the end of the year.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/41171847.html

"My mind set is to stay, depending on how I finish out this year," Patterson said after the game. "I will re-evaluate everything and talk to my parents about it, but as to my mind set right now, I want to stay, concentrate and finish out this year. If I do well, maybe I will consider leaving."
I would like to see him back, he needs more work before he even considers the NBA. But really it wont matter if he and Meeks are back, if billy g is back then they will still suck, because the man doesnt know how to coach. I talked to a guy last night that knows Landon real well and he said that Porter was leaving because his wife is pregnant and is due in June and he wants to stay close to his wife and kid. Take that as you will because as I said, thats what I was told last night. I dont know how true it is. Also, theVILLE is right, they can get 25 wins as long as they keep playing the non conference scheduly they have played the last 2 years. That weak schedule is exactly why they have faltered in the second half, they hadnt played enough quality opponents to be ready for SEC play. I know the SEC was down this year but still, the SEC is better than the teams UK played in the non conference schedule.
I hope he sticks it out with his decision to stay next year, we will need him badly.
P.P. and Meeks both needa come back next year... I think patterson will stay all four years
This is great news for UK.
I don't like the fact he's backtracking now on his word. He's going to wait to see how he fares in the tourney before he makes his decision. That makes me a bit leery.
Good
mrfootball03 Wrote:nope, louisville.. we can place bets on that next year.. i'll gladly take your money.. :Thumbs:

Oh yeah that is right louisivlle beat them too...lol and yes I will take your money...I heard this last year...."next year these cats are top of the nation...." I agree yes with VMI and GEORGIA, and OLE MISS...WOW
theVILLE Wrote:Oh yeah that is right louisivlle beat them too...lol and yes I will take your money...I heard this last year...."next year these cats are top of the nation...." I agree yes with VMI and GEORGIA, and OLE MISS...WOW

don't just hear it.. remember it.. mark it down.. I SAID IT.. we can bet real cash on it..

As for Patterson..
If Kentucky wins the SEC Tourney and goes to the NCAA Tourney, I would say he is gone.. I'm thinking thats what is hinging his decision.. And truthfully, I don't believe they will win the tourney..
If Billy G did get fired who would replace him?
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
GatorFan15 Wrote:P.P. and Meeks both needa come back next year... I think patterson will stay all four years

I agree, I don't think his mom will leave without him getting an education. You can't play basketball all your life.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
GatorFan15 Wrote:P.P. and Meeks both needa come back next year... I think patterson will stay all four years

I hope he stays all 4 years. It would really benefit him.IMO
mrfootball03 Wrote:don't just hear it.. remember it.. mark it down.. I SAID IT.. we can bet real cash on it..

As for Patterson..
If Kentucky wins the SEC Tourney and goes to the NCAA Tourney, I would say he is gone.. I'm thinking thats what is hinging his decision.. And truthfully, I don't believe they will win the tourney..

OK you said it my bad.. it will happen then...lol NOT A CHANCE:1:
I think PP has his head on straight enough to realize that basketball isnt all there is out there. If he graduates in three years then go pro, but get your education first.
I'm happy that he's staying; but i wouldn't blame him a bit if he decided against it.
Meeks and Patterson both need to decide if they are gonna stay or not and i sure hope they stay
Patterson isn't forsure staying yesterday he said at seasons end he will sit down with his family and go every over everything and make a decisin then
just like i've said before they're roommates and you know if one is going then they both go but meeks said two weeks ago that he wants his degree to fall back on.
Both player IMO, needs to stay and develope their skills some more. Patterson has played like a girl all season. I hope next season he keeps his mouth shut and just plays like a man on the war path. Meeks also needs to stay and work on his dribbling and getting his shot off. Of the two, Meeks would have the better chance of getting drafted higher.
I completely agree with you C.Clair, Patterson has played like a girl for most of the season. He doesnt box out at times and is lazy on offense sometimes, he just acts like he doesnt want it as bad as he lets on. Meeks would go higher because of his ability to shoot the ball and being able to drive, something he improved on big time.
C.Clair Wrote:Both player IMO, needs to stay and develope their skills some more. Patterson has played like a girl all season. I hope next season he keeps his mouth shut and just plays like a man on the war path. Meeks also needs to stay and work on his dribbling and getting his shot off. Of the two, Meeks would have the better chance of getting drafted higher.

if you really think that then you need to learn a little bit about basketball. PP is one of the toughest guys on the team. now stevenson, harris, and porter has played like girls but not patterson. when you average almost a double double then you really can't play like a girl. sorry:please: so although i thought he did play sorry some games but its hard to play with a partially idiot team.
No way Patterson plays like a girl. He is the hardest working player on the team and the only one who can get a rebound.
mrfootball03 Wrote:If Billy can't win with Patterson, Orton, Pilgrim, Meeks, Stevenson, Liggins, Galloway, Miller, Harrellson, Hood, GJ and Co., then he definitely needs to go.. No talent won't be the excuse next year.. They should win 25 games next year easily. An extremely deep front court..

couldn't have said it any better
Patterson will stay one more year. I think he is a very sharp young man and knows that next year is a prime year for him to 1) boost his stock and jump into a lottey pick 2) get his freakin' degree which insures a life AFTERbasketball (Parents looking out for him) 3) Have a legit chance to go to the final four or championship game.
I for one never said anything like " this years UK team will be on top of the world" I always thought that they where sweet 16 at best. However, next years team WITH a solid (not amazing ) point guard who can distribute the ball to who needs to without turnovers, will be enough for a team with that much size to succeed.
Patterson will come back, along with Meeks.
If we don't win next year then something is wrong with us for sure.