Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Upsets.
Give me you choice of who do you think is in danger of being upset in the tournament. I know it isn't posted yet, but the teams that are there, which one isn't focused?
DUKE probaly will be the first TOP team to go.... I look for Kansas to make a run along with Florida st. in the tourney.....
those are some good teams, but Michigan St better watch out.
If Louisville loses in the first weekend, would that be considered an upset???

Without seeing the match-ups and seedings, I don't want to make any predicitons by team, but I like this statistic:

#1 Seeds- Of course no #1 seed has ever lost in the first round but even better the overall record for #1 seeds is (376-104) 78% win percentage overall in the NCAA tournament.

#2 Seeds- Only 4 #2 seeds have lost in first round and none since 2001. Overall record (267-114) 70% win percentage overall in the NCAA tournament.

#3 Seeds- First round upsets have occured 15 times since 1985. Overall Record (199-116) 63% win percentage overall in the NCAA tournament.

#4 Seeds- Upsets for first round have happened 21 times in the last 24 years. Overall NCAA tournament record (161-118) 57% win percentage.

#5 Seeds- Everybody knows that this #12 seeds always seem to upset #5 seeds in fact 31 times since 1985 they have upset the favorite in the first round. Overall NCAA tournament record (141-121) 53% win percentage overall.

#6 Seeds- Only 30 out of 96 times have the #6 been upset since 1985! Overall record (154-118) 56 % win perecentage overall!

#7 Seeds- Not a big upset when they lose the first round surpsingly they have a good win perecentage in the first round since 1985 going 60-36. Overall record (105-120) 46% win percentage overall.

#8 Seeds- Many don't consider this first round loss an upset because these teams are always so similar. Since 1985 overall record 44-52. Overall record is (88-119) 42% win percentage overall.
Duke, UNC, and Texas will be out of the tourney early.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
I think OU has a good chance to get beat in their 2nd round matchup.
Louisville will go out frist they will have a bad shooting game and get sent home early.
Louisville is playing the best ball right now. I think Louisville will at least be a elite 8 team.
[quote=courtdog]Louisville will go out first they will have a bad
shooting game and get sent home early.[/QUOTE

Is this statement based on your knowledge of basketball or is it based on your dislike for UofL? Anyone of the teams in the tournament could have a bad shooting game and go home early!!!!
Louisville will get knocked out in the sweet 16,, mark it down.. and I will laugh.. They think they got a chance to win it all haha
As much as some of you might want, Louisville, Duke and Carolina will all make it to at least the sweet 16. Trust me, i wish Duke would lose the 1st round, but it just isn't going to happen. I would say Oklahoma should be on upset alert because since Griffin's concussion, they haven't seemed to play as well. I would like to see a cinderella team make the elite 8 like Western Kentucky last year, but we will see.