Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones to participate in Pro Day
I got word today that he has made his way to the NFL combine.

Do you think he has any chance at making it to the NFL?
no
Pond creek nation Wrote:I got word today that he has made his way to the NFL combine.

Do you think he has any chance at making it to the NFL?

The combine was like two weeks ago....lol
I was about to say the same thing, I've been watching it on the NFL Network for a few weeks.
Well whoever gave you the "word" has absolutely no clue what he is talking about.
Actually they are having a pro day for David Wednesday (today) to be exact. He is running in the 4.3 low to mid range. He has several teams talking with him and has an agent. But what do I know haha.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Actually they are having a pro day for David Wednesday (today) to be exact. He is running in the 4.3 low to mid range. He has several teams talking with him and has an agent. But what do I know haha.

Dave is quick and strong... not that big but hey.... look at Emmitt Smith... He is actually smaller than Dave is and he made it big!!! LOL.... I hope for nothing but continued success for Dave..... Make Eastern KY proud!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I interviewed David during the district tournament at Pike Central.
He has been working out with Butch Reynolds in Columbus preparing for the Pro Day.
He does have an agent and has been contacted already by a couple of NFL teams about the possibility of a special teams spot with a chance to work up depth chart at cornerback.

The combine is invitation only and I know at least three corners that were invited that can't hold DJ's jock.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I interviewed David during the district tournament at Pike Central.
He has been working out with Butch Reynolds in Columbus preparing for the Pro Day.
He does have an agent and has been contacted already by a couple of NFL teams about the possibility of a special teams spot with a chance to work up depth chart at cornerback.

The combine is invitation only and I know at least three corners that were invited that can't hold DJ's jock.

OMG!!! I love it!!! LOLOLOL.... :worthy:

i think maybe a Punt and kickoff return or somekind of special teamer.
Special teams will be his talents.
let us know fox when you find something out...
Who is David Jones?
Stardust Wrote:Who is David Jones?

David Jones played his football (last 2 years of it) on the back to back state championship teams at Belfry. He attended UK and has played for them throughout his college career. You could probabaly go to UK's website and click the link to their football program and find out some more information. He was an exceptional high school athlete an actually made some excellent plays in UK's bowl game...

phs1986 Wrote:David Jones played his football (last 2 years of it) on the back to back state championship teams at Belfry. He attended UK and has played for them throughout his college career. You could probabaly go to UK's website and click the link to their football program and find out some more information. He was an exceptional high school athlete an actually made some excellent plays in UK's bowl game...

Thank you very much, I had assumed he was a local, just didn't have anything on the thread to go on.
Got this from CatPause.

Running a 40-yard dash at 9 o'clock in the morning isn't your typical routine for a college football player. After all, there aren't many games played shortly after you roll out of bed.
When your professional future hinges largely on that sprint, however, maybe it doesn't feel that early after all.

"I woke up about 5 o'clock today," said Kentucky defensive back David Jones, one of several Wildcat seniors who were working out for scouts from 18 NFL teams on Wednesday at the Nutter Fieldhouse. "I was just nervous and excited to get here and show what I could do."

"My heart was racing," added UK linebacker Johnny Williams. "The butterflies started yesterday, and they haven't let up. It was the most nervous day of my life."

For players like Jones and Williams, "Pro Day" is a huge opportunity to make an impression on NFL teams as they prepare for the draft on April 25-26. Both had strong senior seasons for the Cats, but unlike teammates such as Myron Pryor and Marcus McClinton who were invited to the official NFL Combine in Indianapolis last month, much more may have been riding on their performance today.

"I feel real good about it," Jones said after his workout. "They were talking about how good my 40 was, so I'm real happy about that. I'm just hoping I caught someone's eye."

Jones, who has been training with Olympic gold medalist Butch Reynolds in Columbus, Ohio, says he turned in a 4.34 time. That was an improvement over his recent times, something he attributed to the "minor details" Reynolds was able to break down.

"The first time I ran for him, he laughed and said I was running all wrong," Jones said. "He asked me, 'Do you pull a lot of hamstrings?' I said 'Yeah,' and he was able to tell me why. Right there on the spot. He's taught me a lot."

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound Jones had 34 tackles, five pass break-ups and one interception as a senior at UK. He was one of the stars of the Wildcats' Liberty Bowl win over East Carolina, returning a kickoff 99 yards for touchdown.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
What positions did David play at Belfry? Did he play O-fence and D-fence?
Good Luck David, and I hope you succeed.
He was a running back at Belfry.... Don't know if played both ways or not....
I didn't think he would make it at UK but he proved me wrong. As for pro's i don't now.. his size will probably be a factor but other than that he should do alright. Wish him the best of luck
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
MisterPerfect Wrote:What positions did David play at Belfry? Did he play O-fence and D-fence?

He was a starting RB, and DB here @ Belfry..
Possibly a kick return spec.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Belfry Wins Wrote:Actually they are having a pro day for David Wednesday (today) to be exact. He is running in the 4.3 low to mid range. He has several teams talking with him and has an agent. But what do I know haha.

If he's in the 4.3s he will get drafted somewhere and I hope he does
i watched david all through his high school career and he was an excellent player......and he had a very good college player ......and i would love to see him excel at the next level good luck DAVID

:Thumbs:
I would love to see him in Dallas with my Cowboys.
If he plays for my steelers i will flip a ****!!!!!!!