Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
68.42%
Mason Co. Royals
31.58%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County vs. Shelby Valley (1st Round Sweet 16)
I'm taking Mason in this one by 8. The champs won't be going down easily....
Shelby Valley will run into the buzzsaw that is Mason County.

If Shelby gets down early, it could be over. Mason has a nasty little habit of pouring on opponent when they are down early.

You can't slack for any quarter whether you are Shelby Valley or Mason County.
It's going to be a great game. It will be MC's experience against SV's incredible year. Toss-up to me. I'll take SV, but could just as easily taken MC.
Should be a great game to watch! Mason will be one of Vally's toughest match ups this season by far. You don't play the teams Mason has played and go 24-6 and not be a tough team to beat.

I am anxious to see how Justice does against someone with some size guarding him.
Mason runs a very good press defense. They wear a team down. And they have experience playing on the large floor. Mason by 9
Mason Co. by 8-12
Good luck to Valley
I think the pre season scrimmage that Valley had in Rupp will help them in this game. Even though they didnt play the competition they will be playing against in the sweet 16, they have court experience in Rupp.

This looks like a game that will be a game of spurts. Turnovers are going to be a key also. Who ever handles the ball and takes care of it will have the edge. And of course, free throw shooting. I feel like this will be a very close game and the winner will come out on top by no more than 10.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
ky wildcats Wrote:Mason has size big guard @6'4" and 6'6"& 6'7" forwards and surely reigning state champs gives them experience and they know how to play down state, so this is some real logic. :zzz: you might want to re-think your logic?:please:
Justice will do good against them. He has went up against bigger guards and bigger named players and had outstanding games against them.

mchs78 Wrote:Mason runs a very good press defense. They wear a team down. And they have experience playing on the large floor. Mason by 9
Valley has a very good press also, and they wear teams down in the 4th just like you are saying Mason does. Valley has experience on the big courts also, 11 games this season. 12 if you count the pre season game in Rupp.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BBOF, I agree, Justice has went up against guards bigger in size and height before and done just fine, not to mention he has went up against guards of supposed better talent before and done just fine as well.
Good Luck Cats....but I''ll take the Royals by 3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mchs78 Wrote:Mason runs a very good press defense. They wear a team down. And they have experience playing on the large floor. Mason by 9

If you hadn't said Mason, I'd think this post was about SV. The teams sound a lot alike. SV had a good press, they wear teams down late in the game, and they have some experience on big floors (although not a much as Mason). Also, I think both teams are not very good free throw shooting teams.

I don't think Mason's press will bother Valley because no one has been able to press them this year with Elisha playing. Knott County's press bothered them w/o Elisha playing though. You never know, but I don't see that as being a problem for SV. By the way, what kind of press does Mason run? 1-2-2, 2-2-1, or run and jump? SV does some of each.
Valley better be hitting there free throws in this game
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:If you hadn't said Mason, I'd think this post was about SV. The teams sound a lot alike. SV had a good press, they wear teams down late in the game,and they have some experience on big floors (although not a much as Mason). Also, I think both teams are not very good free throw shooting teams.

I don't think Mason's press will bother Valley because no one has been able to press them this year with Elisha playing. Knott County's press bothered them w/o Elisha playing though. You never know, but I don't see that as being a problem for SV. By the way, what kind of press does Mason run? 1-2-2, 2-2-1, or run and jump? SV does some of each.

Looking at the KHSAA website, Valley has more experience on the larger floors than Mason. I dont know if the Mason Co. Fieldhouse has the larger floor or not, but even if it does, it will still be 6 games on the big court for Mason compaired to 12 games for SV.
Best of luck in the state!
SV TEAM, go to Rupp with the desire to win more than anything, give it all on the floor and when the last second ticks off the clock, walk off the court as winners. Play team ball and depend upon your teammates to do their parts. Even though my home team is Pikeville, I will be rooting for you guys on every play. Bring the championship back to Pike County. GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Looking at the KHSAA website, Valley has more experience on the larger floors than Mason. I dont know if the Mason Co. Fieldhouse has the larger floor or not, but even if it does, it will still be 6 games on the big court for Mason compaired to 12 games for SV.

I was referring to years' past also, especially experience in Rupp.
when do they play?
Shelby Valley by 10.
Valley's height will play a big part in this game.
Valley +15.
cuppett777 Wrote:when do they play?

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ment_87200

^ the KHSAA website where u will find the times and date of each game :Thumbs:

This will be a very tough game for Valley, they will need to play their best to beat the defending state champs, I'm predicting a nail biter in this one with Valley wining by 3 in OT
Mason County by 2 in overtime
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's why I didn't say I'm picking them because of it, I said the logical choice is Valley because of what happened. I think Valley will win because they have the experience, they have a leader, and they have the size to compete. Down state they let you play, East KY refs don't know how to officiate against big men.

That is not what your coach said that last time he played in Rupp. I think he started his press conference complaining about the officials. Better hope those officials don't talk to ones calling this one.
Oh I know they still call the little nit picky fouls on guards, but the big men like Devan will actually be able to move around, unlike in the 15th where if his arm goes up in the air it's a foul. Last time Valley was at State it wasn't the big men in foul trouble, it was the guards, i.e. Elisha fouled out.
Mason Co. by 3.

Go Royals!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think the pre season scrimmage that Valley had in Rupp will help them in this game. Even though they didnt play the competition they will be playing against in the sweet 16, they have court experience in Rupp.

This looks like a game that will be a game of spurts. Turnovers are going to be a key also. Who ever handles the ball and takes care of it will have the edge. And of course, free throw shooting. I feel like this will be a very close game and the winner will come out on top by no more than 10.

This is about the way I have the game going also, with defensive rebounding a key, we can't give up second chance points and of course the turnovers and free throw shooting down the stretch. We need someone to make Adams mad also, the way he played after Curby was hurt was awesome. We need someone to make him mad, ha ha.

Any team that has made it to the final 16 is a good team and can go all the way, we need to get behind our team and just give them a little extra push. I am taking Shelby Valley by 10, just as you think. Stay healthy both teams, and to the seniors graduating, especially on the team that goes home, if you have done your best that is all expected of you.
Valley is on pace to meet Elliot Co in the second round. A rematch of All A state.
The one thing that worried me is how many times has SV went to the Sweet 16 and got beat in the first round.
I'm a born and raised Pike Countian and am rooting for Shelby Valley on this one, Mason County needs to be brought down a notch or two and I think that SV is just the team to do that.

Shelby Valley wins this one, but it will be a close one.....................GO WILDCATS !!!!!!!!
Of course I will predict that our precious Wildcats will win and I would hope that people from Mason County would predict their team to win. These are just games and anything could happen. I am asking everyone to please pray with me that all of the teams will play to their best potential and that no one will get hurt. Also, please pray that God will keep us all safe as we travel and help us to show good sportsmanship, win or lose. This is a lot of pressure on these young men. Let's encourage them all because they have worked hard to get to where they are at and deserve everyone's respect!
I love my Shelby Valley Wildcats!!!!!!! Even if you never won another game in your life, you are all winners in God's eyes and to everyone who knows you!!!!!! Good Luck to ALL teams!!!!!!
Creeker Wrote:Should be a great game to watch! Mason will be one of Vally's toughest match ups this season by far. You don't play the teams Mason has played and go 24-6 and not be a tough team to beat.

I am anxious to see how Justice does against someone with some size guarding him.

I AM GOING TO GUESS AND SAY IT WILL BE LIKE THE REST OF THE GUARDS THAT HAS TRIED TO GUARD HIM. UNSUCESSFUL.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next