Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
karate(martial arts)
Don't see alot of posts but a whole lot of people I know including myself train and compete in MMA or stand-up bouts. Just interested in some of the styles people train in. Our style is Sha(shaolin)Soo-do(Tang-soo-do)Jitsu(jutitsu).
It combines the circular sytem of Shaolin with the straight line system of Tang soo do. We practice Earth, Fire and water techniques.
If you are training to fight mma in the cage or what ever. The best base to have is WRESTLING. Not jujitsu or any of that. If you can box a little, wrestle your *** off and defend submissions, then you can win easily.
I don't practice any type of martial arts, but i would love to take bjj classes. I have no aspirations of being a mma fighter, but i would love to learn bjj. I hear they have a place in Stanton were i think were you can go and train.
There are 2 places in West Liberty(Morgan co.).
We are competing in Lexington in May at the 4 seasons. Stand up rules(kick boxing).
Wing Chun is part of our system. It's great! Focuses more on Block-strikes then block then strike. I'm on the 9th system. Too many focus on all straight-line. Straight line Kata's are good as well but you also need to know the water aspects of a circular system system. It teaches you to fight and defend side to side instead of always moving forwards or backwards.
shaepoeryu.tripod. The vacant spots in our fighters corner are vacant either due to defeat in which our fighter at that weight was defeated and his weight division is up for challenge. If he defends and wins his challenge he can compete at the slot for his weight division. If a weight division is defeated in competition that weight division competition slot becomes open for challenge by other members at that weight division and will remain vacant until winner is decidied through challenge. I am the light heavy weight( blue sash) and I have not lost a challenge and I have a record of 13-3 in competitons at this point.
Shapoeryu.tripod
P.C.Defense Wrote:shaepoeryu.tripod. The vacant spots in our fighters corner are vacant either due to defeat in which our fighter at that weight was defeated and his weight division is up for challenge. If he defends and wins his challenge he can compete at the slot for his weight division. If a weight division is defeated in competition that weight division competition slot becomes open for challenge by other members at that weight division and will remain vacant until winner is decidied through challenge. I am the light heavy weight( blue sash) and I have not lost a challenge and I have a record of 13-3 in competitons at this point.

my mistake, shapoeryu.tripod:rockon: