Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 53 Phelps 39 Final
Congrats Wireman! Must be considered as on of the best coaches ever in the 15th.
I thought JC might have been to much for the lady Hornets, but Phelps was playing good ball and Ive been cheering for them all tournament so I thought they had a chance but Congrats JC!
Good job Lady Eagles!!! All of your hard work has paid off. But now you at the next level. Back to state.

Hey Hey Whatdoyasay John son Cen Trals Goin to State!!!
Congrats Lady Eagles!
Congrats Johnson Central way to go !!
Way to go Central
Congrats JC
Congrats Lady Eagles
Congrats JC!

Lady Hornets, you guys have had an AMAZING season!
VERY proud.

You girls have nothing to hang your heads about.
It's been a pleasure cheering you girls on!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Congrats Johnson Central...Called this one, could someone shed some light on the game so I can see if my predictions on why held up? I am sure Wiremann was to much of a coach for the new and young coach in Vanhoose but thats nothing to hang a head about because Wiremann could out coach any one in the 15th...

Congrats to Phelps on a great season it has been a pleasure to root for a rival for a change. I have had fun talking to you the fans on here about the girls and program it has been an absolute pleasure. Good Luck to all Phelps seniors on their search for a college I know all of you will go on to do GREAT things. Do not hang your heads for the sun will shine in the morning and this will just start a new chapter of your life. One last time for you all I shall say GO LADY HORNETS.
Nice win JC...Good luck at STATE!!!!
any stats?? all-tourney team??? poy??
Congrats JC
Congrats to the Lady Eagles and good luck at state!
Great game Lady Hornets.....we are proud of you.

Marissa, My heart truly goes out to you. When I saw you break down wanting this win so bad, I wanted to cry with you. Tonight proved how much you love the game of basketball and where you heart is. You are an awesome player and I will miss watching you play for the Lady Hornets. Best of luck to you where ever you go and whatever you do.
Congratulations to Johnson Central. I knew you were for real after you bet the #1 Class A team in West Virginia(Huntington St. Joe). Good luck in Bowling Green.
Congrats to both teams! Johnson Central on a regional championship and Phelps on a GREAT season.
Great season PHS its been funwatching you young Ladys mature, could have quit after the way the 3rd started but you didn't be proud of yourselves for that. Congrats JCCHS!! Now go get a few at Bowling Green, I'm sure you'll represent the 15th well.
Congrats JC and Coach Wireman on back to back region championships.

Congrats JR and the Lady Hornets on a great season.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Way to go girls!!!! I am so proud of you all.
Wireman, what else could be said? You Da Man!!!!!!!
Let's hope you get three or four more games in before you fire the coach!LOL
Fire the coach? Its not exactly fired as he is retiring from coaching. Fired and retiring are two entirely different things. Now after this season Philip Wireman will make his transition from Best Girls Basketball Coach in the State to Principal of the school with two elite sport programs..Football and Girls Basketball (Kinda contradict don't they?)
Congratulations Johnson Central. You've had a heck of a run this season. Best of luck in Bowling Green. Couldn't pick a better group to represent the region.

Lady Hornets, fantastic job. I had high hopes for your team before the first game was even played. You pulled together a fantastic season and really impressed the whole region in the abilities that you displayed. All of you are great players and have a wonderful coach. Best of luck to all of you in whatever you may choose to do.
Great game, played hard by both teams. Nice season for Phelps. JC go win state for Wireman.
3/7/2009
Johnson Central 53
Phelps 39
Johnson Central 12 10 20 11 53

Phelps 8 14 7 10 39

15th Region Finals at Pikeville
Johnson Central (26-5) -- Meek 10, Conley 10, Salyers 13, Young 12, Salyer 6, Wireman 2.
Phelps (20-6) -- Hall 5, Whitt 4, Pruitt 16, Riley 14, Ratliff.
http://www.kentucky.com/
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Fire the coach? Its not exactly fired as he is retiring from coaching. Fired and retiring are two entirely different things. Now after this season Philip Wireman will make his transition from Best Girls Basketball Coach in the State to Principal of the school with two elite sport programs..Football and Girls Basketball (Kinda contradict don't they?)

I think it is a joke! Wireman has said all year that he can't wait to fire the girls coach, since he is the principal as well.

Congrats lady Eagles and good luck at state. Bring home some w's.:Cheerlead
Coach Wireman has had a good run that's for sure.......nice game by the Lady Eagles and I'm proud of the Lady Hornets for the season they had. They were one game short of their goal, but the reason for having goals is setting them high.
I saw several college basketball players on the floor during this game if that's what they want to do...........keep working hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandamaste5
Fire the coach? Its not exactly fired as he is retiring from coaching. Fired and retiring are two entirely different things. Now after this season Philip Wireman will make his transition from Best Girls Basketball Coach in the State to Principal of the school with two elite sport programs..Football and Girls Basketball (Kinda contradict don't they?)

EAGLE EYE Quote
I think it is a joke! Wireman has said all year that he can't wait to fire the girls coach, since he is the principal as well.

Congrats lady Eagles and good luck at state. Bring home some w's.

Yeah it is meant as a joke. He has told several people that even if the coach wins them alll, he is still gonna fire him!!!
Guess coach is in a hott seat just like Billy Clyde.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Congrats Johnson Central...Called this one, could someone shed some light on the game so I can see if my predictions on why held up? I am sure Wiremann was to much of a coach for the new and young coach in Vanhoose but thats nothing to hang a head about because Wiremann could out coach any one in the 15th...

Congrats to Phelps on a great season it has been a pleasure to root for a rival for a change. I have had fun talking to you the fans on here about the girls and program it has been an absolute pleasure. Good Luck to all Phelps seniors on their search for a college I know all of you will go on to do GREAT things. Do not hang your heads for the sun will shine in the morning and this will just start a new chapter of your life. One last time for you all I shall say GO LADY HORNETS.

I thought going into the game that both teams were talented but the X factor would be coaching. Wireman has been there so many times and that probably was the difference. I think that JC made better adjustments than Phelps did. Phelps had 22 points in the first half and Riley and Pruitt had 21 of them. The second half, JC held those two to 9 total points and Phelps wasn't able to make any adjustments. JC outscored Phelps by 13 points in the 3rd quarter and won by 14. 3rd quarter was obviously the difference and Phelps just didn't have an answer.
congrats jcchs
great season hornets
I couldn't figure out why they didn't press in the fourth qtr? Has Phelps pressed much this year?