Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now that C.Adkins is gone--best coach in 15th?
With the retirement of Charlie Adkins of Paintsville, who now is the best coach in the 15th region? Being a Panther fan, I go with Lawson. Done an incredible job in 8 years here at PIkeville.

Let's not forget that Lawrence Co is now in the region. Some might say that Keeton is the best. Hall at Johnson Central caught lightning in a bottle with an incredible run to the Final Four in 04, he has to get some votes.

Justice at East Ridge is a good baseball man, but needs to win some games in the regional tournament to get any votes.

Hall at Sheldon Clark consistantly has the most underachieving teams....they've never won anything. Have they ever been to the region finals?
Randy Keaton from LC
both the hall brothers are very great ball coaches
Pikeville's coach?
"blackcat" Wrote:Pikeville's coach?
You are referring to Coach Lawson...which is a great coach and definately one of the top in the 15th
Lawson is a good one. 4 region titles in 8 years. My math tells me that's one every two years. With the exception of Paintsville in the 80's, when no one else could play, Lawson at Pikeville has had the most successful run in the region.
"dirty30" Wrote:You are referring to Coach Lawson...which is a great coach and definately one of the top in the 15th

i agree
great coach
What about coach Shawn Hall. Lets not forget about a final four appearance in only his first year at high school coaching. He is a great coach, and definately a candidate for best coach in the 15th.
With Adkins retired it goes to Coach Lawson hands down!
Pikeville and Johnson Centrals coaches are good !
Hall from Sheldon Clark does a great job. He doesn't have near the feeder program or facilities as most of the other coaches have
Since he is now in the 15th region it is Randy Keeton.