Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach?
If Billy G was to loose his job after this season who might be some canadates for the job?
Hopefully John Calipari. There shouldn't be anyone else involved in the discussion. This talk about Pelphrey and Ford is ridiculous in my opinion. Neither coach has proved anything. ****, Pelphrey's Hawgs are last in the SEC West right now.
The coach from South Carolina.
cougarpride08 Wrote:The coach from South Carolina.

He is a good coach, but can he recruit? All this success is from Odom's players.
Guys no matter what we believe, Gillispie will not be gone this year. It will take another year of this to get any serious talk about him leaving.
what is his recruiting look like next year?
cougarpride08 Wrote:what is his recruiting look like next year?

Daniel Orton, Top 100 player, nice big man, with good size.. Jon Hood, decent wingman.. nothing really special.. GJ Villla something.. very average PG.. thats it.. and well.. Matt Pilgrim gets to play next year...
I think if Billy G we should give another run to another Billy.
C.Clair Wrote:I think if Billy G we should give another run to another Billy.

jamie dixon from pitt
would be a good coach
Cavsfan(-12) Wrote:jamie dixon from pitt
would be a good coach

I don't believe he would leave Pitt for UK.. lol

UK isn't regarded as the greatest coaching job in America anymore.. Were on the level as like LSU, Florida, Georgia.. ya know.. just another SEC school.. Until we get some balls back again, we keep falling back..
in my opinion i think that the coach from Gonzaga he is a really good coach or i would like the young coach from butler he is a coach that likes to get out and run and take a team that is supposed to be under par and gets them in the tournament and gets them wins and just think what he could do if he had a good team and lots of talent.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I don't believe he would leave Pitt for UK.. lol

UK isn't regarded as the greatest coaching job in America anymore.. Were on the level as like LSU, Florida, Georgia.. ya know.. just another SEC school.. Until we get some balls back again, we keep falling back..
:1:
very true i think we need a year or 2 to see if BCG is up to it! as of right with the team we have heck no he isn't but look what he has done with really 2 legit players all year. i also believe miller will be a force come next year especially if we have 5 players the other team has to gaurd
I would love to have Tom Izzo, but he didnt want the job the last time, and im almost positive that he would'nt want it now.
Mark Few maybe from Gonzaga
I really hope that Billy G is gone...He has shown that he has no idea how to coach a Kentucky basketball team...His substitution of players is sporadic and makes little to no sense...

Just please bring in someone who can bring back the tradition that we once had!!
I think Coach K from dUKE or Roy Williams from UNC. They probably would like the step up.
haha we have a funny guy i like i like
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:haha we have a funny guy i like i like

:biggrin:

So you're a UNC fan :devilflam JK
i like ed davis if that counts haha
Get a coach that actually is from the state that cares for Kentucky basketball. The players will play hard for a coach that truely cares for the state the team represents, also, an in state coach would be a better recruiter for in state players that would also play harder for the team they grew up watching....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Lets give it up guys!! It's gonna be at least 2 more years of below mediocrity play and blame games.
Booher from Shelby Valley... just playing lol.
First thing you will have to do, is find somebody that would take the job.

May not be so easy.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:First thing you will have to do, is find somebody that would take the job.

May not be so easy.

I agree 150%
Jay Wright
Jeff Capel
Billy Donovan
Mark Few
Jamie Dixon

Ford or Pelphrey maybe, plus side of both of them is that they understand the tradition and expectations, minus to both, lack of experience.
Slick Rick Pittno
Stardust Wrote:I think Coach K from dUKE or Roy Williams from UNC. They probably would like the step up.

:thatsfunn For coach K or Roy Williams, that would be like falling into basketball ****!!!!!!!!!!!!
travis ford. not this year though. uk not ready to give up on billy g. yet and ford in his first season at oklahoma st. but i can see it happening next year
BillyG will be at UK next year
But, if for some reason he is not, I'd love to see Mark Few or Jamie Dixon.
lol coach K and Roy Williams would NEVER leave UNC or Duke to come to UK. That would be a huge step down not a step up. I honestly think they will give Billy G at least one more year to prove himself before they get rid of him, and I think after that, they will go after Calipari or someone of that caliber, but they will end up getting Ford or Pelphrey.