Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Brooks is Fired whom
will replace him.

Just saw on the news that the rumors have started and the main name at this time is former Marshall coach Bobby Pruett (SP). They interviewed him last night and he said he would never say never but that he was standing behind a good coach Brooks at this time.

:confused:
That would be great to have Pruett as the coach at UK.....great recruiter and had great success at Marshall
They need to do something. It gets bad when you dont have to be persuaded to do something of a Saturday instead of staying home and watching the game. I usually dont get past the first quarter or so before I get fed up with it. I dont blame the players as much as I do the staff at UK. We seen earlier when Louisville wasnt ready to play what happen and we see this week in and week out for the guys in blue. It is to the point that you can see the boys are trying but they just dont have the knowledge coming in from the sidelines. If they get off to a good start the other team makes adjustments and we seem to blunder. I felt like the second half of the Louisville game that we made some good adjustments but as for the rest of the season it has been sad. I dont care who they get and I dont have to have a nationally ranked team ever year lets just get competitive and make it fun for the fans to watch and to feel no matter who we line up against we have a chance to win.
Great post HN.
agreed....very great post
did pruett recruit randy moss?
Actually, I am not big on Pruitt. He did a great job at Marshall--but this needs to be a huge hire in order to attract the type of talent that Kentucky needs to compete in the SEC.

They need to spend the money to get someone good--and that means that football can not continue to be an after thought.

Not that I am a fan--but John Cooper was a master recruiter and he is not doing a lot right now. Tommy Bowden is also someone that may be obtainable. I feel like Ky could get someone like Norm Chow--but that have to be willing to spend the money. And at this point, I don't have the confidence in Barhardt to do the right thing.

And no offense, (I will probably get killed for this) but Kentucky actually needs to get away from recruiting in state. I know that it is great for the program--but the higher level talent is not there. (At times it is there--but not consistently). The great talent will automatically come to UK if the coaching name is big enough--the rest should not be recruited.

In the SEC--speed kills. Kentucky doesn't have it. They are not going to get it around here.
I agree 100% KHB.
I think he will be fired.. But not sure who will replace him
I am a big Pruett fan. He did wonders for Marshall under his tenure and since his departure the team has really been on the rocks. I don't think it would be possible for him to be a downgrade to what is in place currently.
"tomcat68" Wrote:I am a big Pruett fan. He did wonders for Marshall under his tenure and since his departure the team has really been on the rocks. I don't think it would be possible for him to be a downgrade to what is in place currently.

I agree. I think me or you coaching for UK would be an upgradeSmile jk.. but ya pruett would be a nice hire i think. :rock:
I mean it's not a coincidence he was able to recruit great players like Byron Leftwich, Chad Pennington, and Randy Moss (after FSU and many other larger schools rejected him for disciplinary reasons) and keep his team as the top of their conference and occasionally making their way into the top 25.
Moss was actually just a present that landed in his lap. ND wanted him but after the fighting they pulled the offer then he went to FSU before getting kicked off due to drugs so he really didn't have many that would take the chance on him due to his past. Marshall had nothing to lose in the situation. I do like him as a coach just think we need to go younger.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Moss was actually just a present that landed in his lap. ND wanted him but after the fighting they pulled the offer then he went to FSU before getting kicked off due to drugs so he really didn't have many that would take the chance on him due to his past. Marshall had nothing to lose in the situation. I do like him as a coach just think we need to go younger.

I agree with the younger statement full-heartedly. I hadn't even thought about Pruett's age. He won't be a coach for an extended period of time. He would be more of a prolonged interim to help get the program on it's feet and headed in the right direction.
Good ole Mitch will stand behind Brooks until the alumni demand a change the he'll be gone. How many coaches are going to want to come to UK however it will be easier to find a new coach now that the probation is over
When dose UK got off probation or are they already off ?
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Actually, I am not big on Pruitt. He did a great job at Marshall--but this needs to be a huge hire in order to attract the type of talent that Kentucky needs to compete in the SEC.

They need to spend the money to get someone good--and that means that football can not continue to be an after thought.

Not that I am a fan--but John Cooper was a master recruiter and he is not doing a lot right now. Tommy Bowden is also someone that may be obtainable. I feel like Ky could get someone like Norm Chow--but that have to be willing to spend the money. And at this point, I don't have the confidence in Barhardt to do the right thing.

And no offense, (I will probably get killed for this) but Kentucky actually needs to get away from recruiting in state. I know that it is great for the program--but the higher level talent is not there. (At times it is there--but not consistently). The great talent will automatically come to UK if the coaching name is big enough--the rest should not be recruited.

In the SEC--speed kills. Kentucky doesn't have it. They are not going to get it around here.

Good point about Norm Chow....that's who I would be after...a Charlie Weiss type of guy. UK is at the point where it has to be a big turn in order for the talent to flock like it needs to. UL gets plenty of talent from in-state....that's not completely the problem...the problem is who they are getting and what they are doing with those players. You can get some major talent in-state....but in all cases....out of state recruiting is the key element.
KHB u are right on the money....

as for Pruett his age is a big factor... NO for him

lets find a younger coach willing to prove himself.
No matter what they decide if you are gonna be successful in the SEC you better have the players to do it. Takes size and strength and a good SMART coach. The coaches in the nations best conference will beat ya with speed if you dont have speed. If you dont have size they will run it down your throat. You have to be a coach who can make all the adjustments to counter the guy across the field. I dont see Brooks doing that right now. He has had a lot of injuries but good coaches are still competitive with all that. I think the Indiana game made me the sickest. I wanna look forward to Gameday again.
i was furious duirng the IU game. made me sick to watch.
I dont care who they get, they need to recruit alot better than they have, they need to use the talent that is there, instead of letting them stand on the sidelines for 3 years when they could and should have been on the field, and Catdawg you know who i am talking about
Couldn't agree more Bat.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:KHB u are right on the money....

as for Pruett his age is a big factor... NO for him

lets find a younger coach willing to prove himself.

I agree VV. How old is Pruett??