Poll: Does it matter to you if your coach is a teacher or not?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No. As long as he/she knows what they are doing.
33.33%
Yes. I want my coach to also be my teacher.
44.44%
As long as they are in the school system, it does not matter.
22.22%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach's Occupation
1. Does it matter if the coach is a teacher or not?
2. Can he/she be a librarian?
3. A counselor?
4. Someone outside the school system?
5. Is that allowed in KY?
6. Do you think a person who is more qualified to coach should beat out a teacher with less experience?

Opinions please..
No it does not matter legally. A librarian, or counselor can be the coach. A few years back Mark Johnson was the coach at Jenkins High School and he didn't work for the school system and did a great job. I would venture to say they would love to have him back up there. I do think that it puts the coach behind the 8-ball at times not being in the school system. I personally think that part of the relationships that kids build with their coaches is in the hallways and lunchrooms of their schools. The more a coach knows about a kids off the field personality helps them on the field. For the school system, I think it would be easier to have a employee because they have to answer to system if they screw up, a non school employed person can just say the heck with it and walk off without having to answer to someone else. I guess it can go either way but I do know that it can work from experience and watched Mark Johson do great things with very little talent at Jenkins.