Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Award the crowd or Award the Cheer Leaders?
In the 15th region, they have not awarded a cheer trophy in quite some time, but have awarded the school's crowd ... how do we feel about this? Is it still a "check" to the school? If so... what a RIP OFF !

If money is going to be awarded, that's a horse of a different color indeed.... for instance...
EVERYONE KNOWS THE SCHOOLS DO NOTHING TO PAY FOR ANYTHING THE CHEER LEADERS DO... THERE'S PAINT, BRUSHES, PAPER, TAPE AND ALL SORTS OF ITEMS PURCHASED BY THE CHEER SQUADS OR THE PARENTS OF CHEER LEADERS OR BALL PLAYERS... AND TO GIVE THAT MONEY TO A SCHOOL, WHO MAKES THEIR CHEER LEADERS WORK LIKE BORROWED MULES, TO PAY FOR THEIR NEEDS AND ALSO TELLS THEM WHO THEY HAVE TO CHEER FOR AND WHEN.... IS UNCONSCIONABLE!

I THINK THE MORON, WHO CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA, NEEDS A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY!

GIVE THE MONEY TO THE CHEER SQUADS TO SPLIT WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE PEP CLUBS OR SOMETHING, BUT DON'T GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A CHEER PROGRAM OR SUBSIDIZE WHAT GOES INTO ALL THE SIGNS, AND SO FORTH TO CREATE THE PROPER ATMOSPHERE! JIMINEE CHRISTMAS!
Have you forgotten what the duty of a cheerleader is?? To lead the crowd in cheering on their respective teams. The award usually goes to the school who has the best combo of cheerleading and pep section being unified!! Fulfilling the duties of what cheerleaders are supposed to do. If you look at JCHS the year the boys went to state, they had a theme (surfin' to state) and the cheerleaders wore leis along with the crowd and they all did the wipeout dance together (crowd and cheerleaders). The crowd yelled every cheer along with the cl's. it was great. the crowd was truly positively representing the school and supporting their team, not focusing on bashing others.
what the school does with the money awarded is up to the receiving school, doesn't make the spirit award a bad idea.
Spirit award is a good idea, but face it, the school usually doesn't fund the efforts and efforts many times take funding. I agree... a unified effort is exactly what the cheer leaders job is... but again, someone has to pay for the leis and so forth and @ most school, not all schools, this is left to the cheer leaders or their parents. Wonder why jc has gotten away from that themed approach?
idk, i think this year was a bit hectic and everyone's heart is somewhere else currently. Also, I know the fans paid for their own leis that year. The pep section has died down a bit over the last two years. Dont know if fewer people are really in to school spirit or what. My senior year had an awesome pep section all the time.
lawrence county cheerleaders won the spirit award for the 15th region!
way to go lawrence county fans!! Smile
I heard the "radio people" talking about the "Spirit Award" on Saturday night. I believe Phelps won for the girls tourney... evidently the money goes to the Senior Class of a school to help pay for Senior Trip or whatever the Seniors are doing... again, I am so sure the Senior Class (of every school, not just the ones, who won this year) really put out a lot of money all year to pay for Spirit Supplies. And once more... the "Spirit Award" is not a bad idea... but hey... it was a man who decided this.... LOL!