Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th grade and below basketball League
I'm going to host a 7th grade and below League at Mountain Christian Academy beginning after the 15th regional tournament If anyone has a team and is interested in joining this league please feel free to contact me for more info.

Thanks

Jack Jarrell
Mountain Christian Academy Falcons
606-422-0958
As of now the teams that stated they would play are
Dorton
Virgie
Betsy Layne
Hazard
MCA

Still looking for 1 to 3 teams

Thanks for all the interest, I think this will be a good developmental league for next years area A teams.
MCACoach Wrote:As of now the teams that stated they would play are
Dorton
Virgie
Betsy Layne
Hazard
MCA

Still looking for 1 to 3 teams

Thanks for all the interest, I think this will be a good developmental league for next years area A teams.

We wil play. Johnson Co. I left a message on your phone coach.
Dorton
Virgie
Betsy Layne
Hazard
Johnson County
MCA
Is this still a go?
I'm still trying to get our volleyball coach to lock down her schedule so I can schedule around her
if enough girls are interested martin county would try and put one in it
Let me know if girls are in this
Is it a rumor or is it true that everyone is quiting and moving from Betsy Layne. AAU and Middle school.
Mr.Carter Wrote:Is it a rumor or is it true that everyone is quiting and moving from Betsy Layne. AAU and Middle school.

First i've heard about this. Why would everyone quit and move away from Betsy Layne?
Bestylaynes 7th grade team is being held back, told by mothers of Besty layne players. Why is this fair, its not. If it is for academics like they say, then let them set out next year. Fair, right who'll agree say yes. Somebody please mention this to the board of education please.
Bestylaynes 7th grade team is being held back, told by mothers of Besty layne players. Why is this fair, its not. If it is for academics like they say, then let them set out next year. Fair, right who'll agree say yes. Somebody please mention this to the board of education please.
I for one do not know of a 7th grade team as far as school is concerned. Its combined with 7th and 8th. AAU does not reflect the school or board? Am I right?
whats a holdback got to do with AAU?
Lady Mustang Coach Wrote:whats a holdback got to do with AAU?

I dont know ...you got me?
excyter21 Wrote:I for one do not know of a 7th grade team as far as school is concerned. Its combined with 7th and 8th. AAU does not reflect the school or board? Am I right?

7TH GRADE IS b-TEAM , YOU VE NEVER HAD A KID IN GRADE SCHOOL HUH.
:devilflam THANKS EXCITER21 AND MR. CARTER AND ECT... FOR ALL THE THREATNING PRIVATE MESSAGES . IM ACTUALLY FROM PERRY COUNTY. BUT IF I DID HAVE A KID THERE , YOU GUYS MUST BE TH 7TH GRADE PARENTS. ESPECIALLY SAYING THINGS THAT YOU DID ABOUT YOUR OWN 6TH GRADE KIDS. I MEAN IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO FORWARD THE MESSAGE LET ME KNOW. BECAUSE IF I WAS A 6TH GRADER I WOULD TRANSFER THIS YEAR NOT NEXT. QUOTE FROM MR.CARTER " WHINNY 6TH GRADER WHO'S NOT GOING TO GET IN THE GAMES PARENT". MAN I'M GLAD I'M NOT AT THAT SCHOOL YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. MOUNTAIN COMPS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU GUYS CALL THEM............:redboxer:
I think the hold back issue will draw some attention from the board this year. Personally I don't have a problem with a kid being held back if it's for the right reason. Some kids are a year ahead of the class they should actually be in and I think most of the kids that are rumored to be staying back are in that situation. What I do have a problem with is a kid such as a 7th grader playing consecutive years at the 7th grade level. if your going to hold a 7th grader back that's fine, but make him or her play up. The same goes for a any grade level with the exception of 8th. To the parents of the 6th grade kids I also feel your gripe is legitimate. This will knock those 6th grade kids out of alot of playing time not only this season but the remainder of their middle school and high school careers and could possibly cause a kid to quit all together. I can name you several 7th grade student athletes (but I want) that did choose to stay back this year in Floyd County. BUT those kids didn't compete at the 7th grade level. All of them played up and I personally feel that was the right thing to do. Let's just see if that happens next year.
It's great to win but at what cost. It's also hard to say your doing it to be more competitive when you haven't lost in the county in two or three years. I've heard that from a parent considering holding her son back. Not trying to offend anyone or step on any toes just trying to grasp that one. I also think this will help all of the high school programs in the county if this happens. If you have been around any basketball at all at the state level you know you have to have holdbacks to compete. You don't honestly think that all those teams you go play at the KBA and elsewhere are legitimate. They are loaded with holdbacks.
I know i'm going to get ridiculed for saying all of this but that's ok. It want be the first time and probably want be the last.

Now back to the games we have been playing at MCA. Lots of talent on the teams that have been playing.

Betsy Layne - Coach Howard does a great job
Virgie - Coach Rowe has started the next wave of dominance for SV
Dorton - Coach Davis has a great grou
MCA
Hazard
Johnson Central

Thanks to all those parents and coaches who have been bringing their kids and teams. Sure makes you wish we had a sportsplex type facilty in the Floyd and Pike county area.
I know no one is going to complain about the players from BL and their playing time lol !!!!! The starters for the a and b teams didn't get to play half of their season anyway!!!!! As soon as they got a decent lead which was usually the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd quarter they were taken out of the game. The starters didn't usually even get to play half of the game. They were very respectful about not running up the score. And I think most would agree that they could have ran it up alot more than they did. But I have to say I do feel for the sixth graders. But do you worry about someone elses kid or your own? And as far as being competive this will help BL on a high school level. And if you don't know each situation as far as the hold backs are concerned you probably shouldn't be commenting on them.
bleedin blue Wrote:I know no one is going to complain about the players from BL and their playing time lol !!!!! The starters for the a and b teams didn't get to play half of their season anyway!!!!! As soon as they got a decent lead which was usually the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd quarter they were taken out of the game. The starters didn't usually even get to play half of the game. They were very respectful about not running up the score. And I think most would agree that they could have ran it up alot more than they did. But I have to say I do feel for the sixth graders. But do you worry about someone elses kid or your own? And as far as being competive this will help BL on a high school level. And if you don't know each situation as far as the hold backs are concerned you probably shouldn't be commenting on them.

Heres my perspective of it, im not a parent, I just have a little brother who plays, and I have no intentions to gripe to the board or anything about kids getting held back. Anyway, BL beat most FLOYD CO teams with ease last season, imagine how its going to be this season if they get held back. A very very unfair advantage now. I personally dont see the point of getting held back when your already that good, and BL has some very talented kids in 7th and 8th grade. But I will say this, the high school is getting ready to inherent a very talented team that has played together for years, and that will pay dividends down the road. If they lose, it wont be because of lack of chemistry.
007xxx Wrote::devilflam THANKS EXCITER21 AND MR. CARTER AND ECT... FOR ALL THE THREATNING PRIVATE MESSAGES . IM ACTUALLY FROM PERRY COUNTY. BUT IF I DID HAVE A KID THERE , YOU GUYS MUST BE TH 7TH GRADE PARENTS. ESPECIALLY SAYING THINGS THAT YOU DID ABOUT YOUR OWN 6TH GRADE KIDS. I MEAN IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO FORWARD THE MESSAGE LET ME KNOW. BECAUSE IF I WAS A 6TH GRADER I WOULD TRANSFER THIS YEAR NOT NEXT. QUOTE FROM MR.CARTER " WHINNY 6TH GRADER WHO'S NOT GOING TO GET IN THE GAMES PARENT". MAN I'M GLAD I'M NOT AT THAT SCHOOL YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. MOUNTAIN COMPS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU GUYS CALL THEM............:redboxer:

Well I would love to see the threatning private messages that EXCITER21 has sent you!!! Please show them to me:please: I dont remember reading anything on here that Exciter has posted about 6th grade kids, especially anything that is bad. I personally know exciter and know that he is all about the kids. I want to see you back up your accusations against him. Oh, btw.. he is an 8th grade parent!
:Clap: WELL SAID!!:Clap:
I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!
BESIDES, GO TO OTHER COUNTIES... WHAT DO THEY HAVE????
HOLDBACKS

bleedin blue Wrote:I know no one is going to complain about the players from BL and their playing time lol !!!!! The starters for the a and b teams didn't get to play half of their season anyway!!!!! As soon as they got a decent lead which was usually the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd quarter they were taken out of the game. The starters didn't usually even get to play half of the game. They were very respectful about not running up the score. And I think most would agree that they could have ran it up alot more than they did. But I have to say I do feel for the sixth graders. But do you worry about someone elses kid or your own? And as far as being competive this will help BL on a high school level. And if you don't know each situation as far as the hold backs are concerned you probably shouldn't be commenting on them.
excyter21 Wrote:I for one do not know of a 7th grade team as far as school is concerned. Its combined with 7th and 8th. AAU does not reflect the school or board? Am I right?

First of all I'd like to make it known that this is the only post that I have sent until now! I have not sent any private messages to 007xxx period! I'd like for this individual to send me the posts that were SUPPOSEDLY sent to them!

"7TH GRADE IS b-TEAM , YOU VE NEVER HAD A KID IN GRADE SCHOOL HUH."

As for this reply from this individual...7th grade plays B team and A team in basketball and the 7th grade plays A team in football. Trust me I do know a thing or too about grade school :1:

"THANKS EXCITER21 AND MR. CARTER AND ECT... FOR ALL THE THREATNING PRIVATE MESSAGES . IM ACTUALLY FROM PERRY COUNTY. BUT IF I DID HAVE A KID THERE , YOU GUYS MUST BE TH 7TH GRADE PARENTS. ESPECIALLY SAYING THINGS THAT YOU DID ABOUT YOUR OWN 6TH GRADE KIDS. I MEAN IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO FORWARD THE MESSAGE LET ME KNOW. BECAUSE IF I WAS A 6TH GRADER I WOULD TRANSFER THIS YEAR NOT NEXT. QUOTE FROM MR.CARTER " WHINNY 6TH GRADER WHO'S NOT GOING TO GET IN THE GAMES PARENT". MAN I'M GLAD I'M NOT AT THAT SCHOOL YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. MOUNTAIN COMPS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU GUYS CALL THEM............"

As for this rant... like I said send me the message sent to you! I agree with a post from a thread from another topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsylaynealum
this issue should not deal with you all. It should only deal with the parent/principal/and most importantly the student.

For all adults on here, please remember confidentiality!!

If you are from Perry County then why should you be concerned with Floyd County? Classless posts like these taking shots at me will not get you the results you want!
forward me the message 007XXX, I personally dont think excyter21 sent you one???????
007XXX, I think you are full of it, send me the pm and I will believe you
must have lost it.....lol
hmmmm... must have! :goofy: