Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Football Players
Two Corbin football players were involved in a fatal car accident yesterday. The wreck took the life of one of the boys and left the other in serious condition. The other woman involved in the wreck is still in critical condition. My prayers go out to the Lambdin family, your son was a great person and always left you with a smile on your face. Please keep these three families in your prayers right now, as well as the entire Corbin community, as we have been devastated by this tragedy.
Has this been verified? Any media reports. My thoughts and prayers to the families
WOW
This is terrible the families have my thoughhts and prayers!!
My thoughts & prayers are with the victims families and the Redhound program!
God Bless the families and the ones involved!
Yes this has been verified. I knew both of the boys and we all have been greatly affected by this. The accident happened yesterday morning on the boys way to school. Steven Lambdin passed yesterday evening and Jonathan Goforth is still in critical condition. I've learned that Jonathan has been through surgery this morning and is responsive which is an improvement but is still in need of prayer. I can not confirm the identity of the woman or her current condition, but last i heard she was still in critical condition as well. I know that the High School here has just been at a loss for words today, these are two great kids and Steven "Stavvi" will be greatly missed.
Stardust Wrote:Has this been verified? Any media reports. My thoughts and prayers to the families

LEX 18 news was at the High school yesterday and had the story as their top story on the 5 and 6 o'clock news. As of today there has also been news reporters at the High School. I'm not sure if it has been published in the newspaper yet.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Yes this has been verified. I knew both of the boys and we all have been greatly affected by this. The accident happened yesterday morning on the boys way to school. Steven Lambdin passed yesterday evening and Jonathan Goforth is still in critical condition. I've learned that Jonathan has been through surgery this morning and is responsive which is an improvement but is still in need of prayer. I can not confirm the identity of the woman or her current condition, but last i heard she was still in critical condition as well. I know that the High School here has just been at a loss for words today, these are two great kids and Steven "Stavvi" will be greatly missed.

I go to Whitley, and a lot of people there have been at a loss for words too. Even though most didnt know them that well, it's still a big shock.
A few years ago a couple of our students passed away in a wreck, and we know how hard it can be.
my heart goes out to everyone in your school, as well as the families.
sports-fan08 Wrote:I go to Whitley, and a lot of people there have been at a loss for words too. Even though most didnt know them that well, it's still a big shock.
A few years ago a couple of our students passed away in a wreck, and we know how hard it can be.
my heart goes out to everyone in your school, as well as the families.

Thank you, its nice to know that rivals still show support in times of need.
I hate to hear this. My prayers go out to those involved. What # were those boys last year? Im trying to place them where Corbin played us in the PCB.
^ Jonathan Goforth is a junior and is #58 and Steven Lambdin was only a freshman #40
Any updates???
Visitation was at Grace on the Hill Church tonight. Funeral is tomorrow at the church at 2:00 p.m. Jonathan is recovering from surgery at UK. He will have to go to Cardinal Hill following his release for an extended amount of time. the whole thing is so sad.
Extremely unfortunate situation.

I will remember these boys and their families in my prayers.
My thoughts and Prayers go out to the ones involved!
May God be with you.
May God be with you and give you peace.
My prayers to all involved.