Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes Shelby Valley is the number 1 team, but!
PC_You_Know Wrote:If Welch will overreact to a boy from Estill playing physical on him, I sure don't want to see how he'll act when Valley goes right at him all game long.

TRUE!!!!!!!!!! Valley will either punish him, or foul out trying.
it will be tough.
Elliott Co is also dominate in the 16th region and yet they only beat East Carter tonight by 5. I agree with the orginal post anything is possible.
letthebighogroot Wrote:TRUE!!!!!!!!!! Valley will either punish him, or foul out trying.

Having a little depth allows teams that have it to play more physical...
letthebighogroot Wrote:TRUE!!!!!!!!!! Valley will either punish him, or foul out trying.

There is a difference in playing physical and dirty. Welch has come through a tough football season and basket ball season and has been beat on each week since August. SV does not have anybody that can play Welch physical, case closed. Justice will give JC trouble out front, but Welch and Parker will give SV fits inside.
Going into the Regional Tournament in 2001 Allen Central was the loser in the 58th but was team that had a chance to win the regional also. One of the best teams to come from AC in awhile
Was A Rebel Fan Wrote:Going into the Regional Tournament in 2001 Allen Central was the loser in the 58th but was team that had a chance to win the regional also. One of the best teams to come from AC in awhile

IMO the best since 93 when they beat Pike Central at Allen Central in the regional finals. Also Pike Centrals first season
Gazelle Wrote:Anything is possible at any given time. There are no perfect teams!

I know this isn't related to high school but yes there is one perfect team. The 1996 Kentucky team Wink.

But back on topic, any team can be beat on any night. Nearly happened tonight at the JC vs SC game. SC is 10-15 on the season while JC is 20-6, but the game score was 64 - 61. Thats why we play the game. Which brings me to a quote Wink.

"Games are played on the court, NOT on paper"
I think this thread is just trying to pick a fight. Yeah it is true anything can happen, thats why they play the game. If it was "SV wins no matter what", then why play the game. But this is true for any other team in any other region. Lets talk about Elliot in the 16th, they are the obvious favorites, but anything can happen. Like i said before, this is only to try and pick a fight!
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I think this thread is just trying to pick a fight. Yeah it is true anything can happen, thats why they play the game. If it was "SV wins no matter what", then why play the game. But this is true for any other team in any other region. Lets talk about Elliot in the 16th, they are the obvious favorites, but anything can happen. Like i said before, this is only to try and pick a fight!

And they about went down tonight, they got all this pub. from ESPN and they barely escape East Carter despite some questionable officiating which you could interpret from East Carter's coaches' reactions after the game.
Brian Milam Wrote:The 2001 15th region field was 1000% tougher than this year's region competition. Allen Central was loaded with talent (Newsome, JJ Hayes, Mullins, #15 who was tough on the baseline) they just had a mental block with South Floyd in the post-season. The Raiders had all of that young talent with Hall, Tackett, Meade, etc...
If I remember there were 4-5 20+ win teams in 2001. Pikeville still had Chase Gibson and that Panthers team lost 11 games down the stretch by single digits. Pike Central was very good offensively that year with Shawn Scott (PKCC's all-time leading scorer) but they got upset by Pikeville. Bill Mike Runyon was preaching the gospel for the Tigers, Danny Adams had the Montgomery kid and Summa (who was not 7'0 tall) as well as the other hard nosed players. This year's 2009 15th region bracket won't have near the competition.
If SV falls in the regional to someone other than Johnson Central it will be the biggest stunner since Pineville *UPSET* Cawood in 1978. No disrespect to any of the other 15th region teams, but it's just how it is and I think that statement is the no brainer of the year. That's why it gives them some adrenaline and the 'want to' to go beat the Valley. :bball:

Great post!! I do not think that this is a year that a team can sneak up on an elite group like valley. The defensive pressure will not allow it.
MonsterMan Wrote:There is a difference in playing physical and dirty. Welch has come through a tough football season and basket ball season and has been beat on each week since August. SV does not have anybody that can play Welch physical, case closed. Justice will give JC trouble out front, but Welch and Parker will give SV fits inside.
To say they cant play physical with JC might be true, but JC dont have the height to do anything with Valley. It will just depend on how the game is called. How many times in this region is real physical play allowed? And how much will the refs allow JC to play physical after the last incident?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:To say they cant play physical with JC might be true, but JC dont have the height to do anything with Valley. It will just depend on how the game is called. How many times in this region is real physical play allowed? And how much will the refs allow JC to play physical after the last incident?

I hope it is called good and they do keep it in control. I was just saying SV does not have anybody to play Welch physical. JC will be just fine inside, they have enough size and are much more athletic. Guys, we know SV is the best thing to happen for southern Pike County in a 40 years and you are proud, but the rest of the world has not sat still. SV will have to earn the title.

I can not speak for SV, but JC has several games to play before they would see SV, and it they do not show up one night, they could be out. I think SV is in the same boat!
MonsterMan Wrote:I hope it is called good and they do keep it in control. I was just saying SV does not have anybody to play Welch physical. JC will be just fine inside, they have enough size and are much more athletic. Guys, we know SV is the best thing to happen for southern Pike County in a 40 years and you are proud, but the rest of the world has not sat still. SV will have to earn the title.

I can not speak for SV, but JC has several games to play before they would see SV, and it they do not show up one night, they could be out. I think SV is in the same boat!

You guys barely beat Sheldon Clark last night, I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch if I was you talking about how JC will make Valley earn the title, JC has to get to the champ. game first, or better yet, get to a game where they meet Valley, cause we all know the 15th region is prone for somehow getting the two best teams in the same bracket.
MonsterMan Wrote:I hope it is called good and they do keep it in control. I was just saying SV does not have anybody to play Welch physical. JC will be just fine inside, they have enough size and are much more athletic. Guys, we know SV is the best thing to happen for southern Pike County in a 40 years and you are proud, but the rest of the world has not sat still. SV will have to earn the title.

Ummm, I wouldnt bet on that. Deven plays Pikeville College's big men just as physical as they play him during the summer in open gym. He cant play the physical game as much in high schools games because he will be fouled out in the first quarter.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I agree that the big Adams boy can't get as physical as needed. He gets alot of cheap fouls that should be blocks just because of his height.

Anything could happen, but IMO SV plays like a small college team already & probably could knock off most small colleges. What team would be any better to represent the 15th & Pike Co. @ state???

Good Luck to both teams
PC_You_Know Wrote:You guys barely beat Sheldon Clark last night, I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch if I was you talking about how JC will make Valley earn the title, JC has to get to the champ. game first, or better yet, get to a game where they meet Valley, cause we all know the 15th region is prone for somehow getting the two best teams in the same bracket.

I think I stated JC will have to play every night to even get a chance at SV. This only shows that the 57th is the most competive district, all our teams are good, no easy ride to Pikeville here.

We won last night and survived, that is all you have to do this time of year. No points given for past points spreads, you just need to win by one. JC has been involved in some very close, tough and physical games in the last few weeks, they should be hardened for the test. Guys, SV has an awesome team but all they have to do is slip up once or get a key player hurt and it could change quick. Remember what I said, this time of year you do not have to be pretty or blow weaker teams out, you just need to win by one point on the right night and JC is not the only team capable, everyone will be gunning for SV.
Pike Co. Fan Wrote:I agree that the big Adams boy can't get as physical as needed. He gets alot of cheap fouls that should be blocks just because of his height.

Anything could happen, but IMO SV plays like a small college team already & probably could knock off most small colleges. What team would be any better to represent the 15th & Pike Co. @ state???

Good Luck to both teams

I hope that you really don't think that SV could be small college teams???? You have totally lost it. I would be a million bucks that sV could not come within 30 points of Alice Lloyd College. You SV fans have totally lost it!!:lmao:
zulu Wrote:I hope that you really don't think that SV could be small college teams???? You have totally lost it. I would be a million bucks that sV could not come within 30 points of Alice Lloyd College. You SV fans have totally lost it!!:lmao:

Then I guess Elliott wouldn't come within 35points of Alice Lloyd?
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Then I guess Elliott wouldn't come within 35points of Alice Lloyd?

That would be correct. You're smart!
zulu Wrote:I hope that you really don't think that SV could be small college teams???? You have totally lost it. I would be a million bucks that sV could not come within 30 points of Alice Lloyd College. You SV fans have totally lost it!!:lmao:
Call me crazy, but if you would give me 30 points,I would take Valley for a thousand.

Well just for your info. I am not a SV FAN!!!!!! I enjoy watching all teams play & support all from the 15th Region. I think its good to have a team like SV in the 15th Region. I can't understand why anybody would knock any other team for doing good. What's the point in having a negative attitude?

Good Luck to all teams.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Call me crazy, but if you would give me 30 points,I would take Valley for a thousand.

I have to agree with you. I think SV is a great team!!! I can't understand why everybody can't see it, but I'm not saying that their is not another team in the 15th that isn't good. I'm just saying its obvious that SV is awesome. Best I can recall they are "ALL A STATE CHAMPIONS." I rest my case......

Hey zulu what do you think HAZARD would do against Alice Lloyd?:moon: