Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama still owes Chicago $1.74 million for vicotry bash
Chicago is broke and can't collect from Obama...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/ob...20.article
Interesting Media spin. I am not a big Obama supporter, but it's not Obama that owes the city.
Doesn't really surpise me, but I'm sure Barry will find some stimulus money laying around the White House.
Old School Wrote:Doesn't really surpise me, but I'm sure Barry will find some stimulus money laying around the White House.

Good one! Seriously, if they would pay their celebration debts as quickly as they are spending our tax dollars, articles like this wouldn't be necessary.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Good one! Seriously, if they would pay their celebration debts as quickly as they are spending our tax dollars, articles like this wouldn't be necessary.

:Thumbs:
Old School Wrote:Doesn't really surpise me, but I'm sure Barry will find some stimulus money laying around the White House.

I guess that is where Bush found his 700 billion, too???
cheerdad Wrote:I guess that is where Bush found his 700 billion, too???

What in the world are you talking about? Furthermore what does Bush have to do with Obama or the DNC not paying their bills?

CD....You just said in another thread and I quote "For once, in this country, I would love to see a country united, our house and senate united...wouldn't it be amazing at what would be accomplished???!!! But instead, we have both sides bickering back and forth like 3rd graders fighting over a basketball." If you really believe this then why are you bringing up Bush? IMO it's just more 3rd grade antics.

Below is part of the article.
"Chicago has yet to recoup the $1.74 million cost of President Obama's victory celebration in Grant Park -- despite a burgeoning $50.5 million budget shortfall that threatens more layoffs and union concessions.
"The Democratic National Committee has not yet paid us,'' Peter Scales, a spokesman for the city's Office of Budget and Management, said Thursday after questions from the Chicago Sun-Times. "We're reaching out to them this week."

"In late October, Mayor Daley assured that the cash-flush Obama campaign would reimburse the city for every penny spent on the rally. "We have a financial crisis," he said at the time. "The City of Chicago could not afford $2 million on this because we're gonna be laying off people, cutting back. That [cost] would really be unfortunate. . . . It's a huge cost to the City of Chicago.
"This is not a presidential visit. . . . This is a political event, and they've agreed to pay for all those services -- all the expenses of that. ... It's costly, but they raised quite a bit of money. There's no [shortage] of money in that campaign."