Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#4 Pittsburgh 76 - #1 Connecticut 68
The Pitt Panthers knock off #1 UCONN.
I called this one right....way to go pitt
I picked it too, Blair dominated Thabeet! Big Grin. 22pts and 23Rebs
Good Job Pitt!
Did'nt Thabeet get hurt?
This doesn't shock me. Seems like UCONN is better on the road, both loses they got have been at home.
MVP2 Wrote:I picked it too, Blair dominated Thabeet! Big Grin. 22pts and 23Rebs

Yes he did.
The Huskies missed Jerome Dyson in this one.
I never have liked U-Conn so this is a good thing.
king360 Wrote:Did'nt Thabeet get hurt?

Hyper-extended elbow. Looked ugly when it happened. he didn't play the same afterwards
Stardust Wrote:Hyper-extended elbow. Looked ugly when it happened. he didn't play the same afterwards

Looked very ugly when it happened. This was a very phyisical game.
The Transporter Wrote:Looked very ugly when it happened. This was a very phyisical game.

I agree, I believe that Pitt needed to be Physical in order to win. I don't know that the injury to Thabeet made a difference in the outcome, but he did not score many points. Him getting into foul trouble was definitely a key for teams to focus on when playing UConn as well.
Blair 22 pts 23 rebs
Thabeet 5 pts 4rebs

Complete domination by Blair
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Blair 22 pts 23 rebs
Thabeet 5 pts 4rebs

Complete domination by Blair

As mentioned, Thabeet went out early with an injury. He was definitely affected by it.
Other than Kentucky, Uconn is one of my favorite teams so it was tough to see them go down in loss. But Pitt really manhandled them especially Dejuan Blair with a great performance. Thabeet just couldnt seem to handle him and it really showed. I also agree with an earlier statement that the huskies really missed Jerome Dyson. Congrats to Pitt on the big road victory.
Blair Beast East POY anyone?