Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 NBA Dunk Contest
Did it let anybody else down??
yep it was weak
Every year it becomes a bigger let down. I was around watching the dunk contest back in the day of Larry Nance, Dominique Wilkins, Spud, Kenny Walker and the great Michael Jordan and those were some very good battles between the greatest dunkers in the game. I don't even like the format of the dunk contest anymore and you have players like Kobe, Lebron and others that are to good to paticipate. Back in the mid 80's & early 90's the best took part and proved they were the very best and put on a show for the fans.
Colonel Kill Wrote:Every year it becomes a bigger let down. I was around watching the dunk contest back in the day of Larry Nance, Dominique Wilkins, Spud, Kenny Walker and the great Michael Jordan and those were some very good battles between the greatest dunkers in the game. I don't even like the format of the dunk contest anymore and you have players like Kobe, Lebron and others that are to good to paticipate. Back in the mid 80's & early 90's the best took part and proved they were the very best and put on a show for the fans.

That's very true.
next year it could be lebron, dwight howard, nate robinson, and someone else.. maybe kobe? tht would be a great dunk contest
BardstownTigers Wrote:next year it could be lebron, dwight howard, nate robinson, and someone else.. maybe kobe? tht would be a great dunk contest

I'd like to see something like that.. Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard, and maybe Josh Smith or somebody good
BardstownTigers Wrote:next year it could be lebron, dwight howard, nate robinson, and someone else.. maybe kobe? tht would be a great dunk contest

That would get me a little more interested next year.
Lebron said he had put his name in the hat for it next year, so if he enters it should be better than this years.
The Transporter Wrote:I'd like to see something like that.. Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard, and maybe Josh Smith or somebody good

I'd like to see that also.
The slam dunk contest has gotten old with time. There's nothing left for these guys to do; everything has already been done!!!
It's all one big drama now days, which is why it continues to be a big let down.
And yes Lebron could be a contender for a great show next season, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I think most agree. It was kind of a letdown. I almost wish they would shut it down for a year or two. What else can they do. Honestly, we have seen virtually everything humanly possible, so now it's became a team event. No way does Robinson win the event without the dunk over Dwight, thus Howard teamed up with Robinson to beat himself.

Just asking, but why would Lebron make this event any better? Just because it's Lebron? They can't do anything more creative than what we have already seen.

Here I sit typing away, while the All Star game has been on for the last two hours. Tells you how interested I am in the whole thing.
i jus cnt believe what happend
nothere11 Wrote:i jus cnt believe what happend

:please: maybe a little more details, lol
it makes me so bored i didnt watch can someone let me know who won it
Next years will be amazing, Lebron being in the thing will put the ratings on it through the roof.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:it makes me so bored i didnt watch can someone let me know who won it

Nate Robinson
PC_You_Know Wrote:Next years will be amazing, Lebron being in the thing will put the ratings on it through the roof.

Stardust Wrote:I think most agree. It was kind of a letdown. I almost wish they would shut it down for a year or two. What else can they do. Honestly, we have seen virtually everything humanly possible, so now it's became a team event. No way does Robinson win the event without the dunk over Dwight, thus Howard teamed up with Robinson to beat himself.

Just asking, but why would Lebron make this event any better? Just because it's Lebron? They can't do anything more creative than what we have already seen.

Here I sit typing away, while the All Star game has been on for the last two hours. Tells you how interested I am in the whole thing.

I'm not disagreeing, but curious???? Why will it be any better? What could King James do that is not a variation of the same thing that everyone else has done.

I agree that ratings will be through the roof, but what can be done now that would make it anybetter?
This is when it was still a slam dunk contest - not all the props used today:

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:This is when it was still a slam dunk contest - not all the props used today:

Dwight is still a better dunker. I do think that we need the absolute best dunkers in the NBA to come out and do this. Back when Vince Carter won was my favorite. He is one of the all time great dunkers.
The dunk contest is stale. Shelf it for a couple of years
I still think that last year was better.