Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAPOS State Cheerleading Competiton Results?
When or if you find out ANYTHING, please post it here of the winners!!

Thank You!

Big Grin Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
The order of appearance is on the website. www.kapos.org Do not forget... they are an hour behind us...
IISnakE Wrote:The order of appearance is on the website. www.kapos.org Do not forget... they are an hour behind us...

Yes, I checked all that out already. I'm excited to see who wins! I want to see if there's any upsets or anything exciting! I know it's very nerve-racking to go compete at the state level and I hope all the teams are performing to their best today!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Medium 2-1/2 minute Results:
1. North Laurel
2. Boyd County
3. Daviess County
4. Henry Clay
5. Pikeville White

*I believe this is the correct order because it was just like Nationals... with North placing first, Boyd in like 5th and Daviess in 7th with Henry Clay last in that division @ Nationals.... Then Pikeville's Jr. High Squad, who placed 3rd @ Nationals in their division. Medium was a loaded division this year @ KAPOS along with Small, Large and Super. what a wonderful thing to see... that many talented squads in the Commonwealth coming out to compete for Top Honors! Congratulations to everyone on a job well done!
Small
1- Madisonville North Hopkins
2 - Madison Central
3 - Somerset
4 - Shelby County
5 - Fleming

Medium
1 - North Laurel
2 - Boyd
3 - Daviess
4 - Henry Clay
5 - Pikeville White

Small Co-Ed
I know that Reidland won it, not sure of the other.

Large Co-Ed
1 - Bowling Green
2 - Graves
that is all I know.

I know there was a big upset in the Small and Large Co-Ed today; glad to see other teams going for it and competing with the best. The Medium division was LOADED with talent this year, but imo i thought Marshall should have placed. I also thought Daviess deserved better than third, but it had to be close because Daviess, North Laurel and Boyd were all amazing. The boy who was the tumbler AND flyer for Russell (i think) was pretty great. I know everyone in Diddle Arena enjoyed that routine.
Congrats to all the winners and everyone who made it to STATE, its a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud!
loves2cheer Wrote:Small
1- Madisonville North Hopkins
2 - Madison Central
3 - Somerset
4 - Shelby County
5 - Fleming

Medium
1 - North Laurel
2 - Boyd
3 - Daviess
4 - Henry Clay
5 - Pikeville White

Small Co-Ed
I know that Reidland won it, not sure of the other.

Large Co-Ed
1 - Bowling Green
2 - Graves
that is all I know.

I know there was a big upset in the Small and Large Co-Ed today; glad to see other teams going for it and competing with the best. The Medium division was LOADED with talent this year, but imo i thought Marshall should have placed. I also thought Daviess deserved better than third, but it had to be close because Daviess, North Laurel and Boyd were all amazing. The boy who was the tumbler AND flyer for Russell (i think) was pretty great. I know everyone in Diddle Arena enjoyed that routine.
Congrats to all the winners and everyone who made it to STATE, its a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud!

Great competition! I thought Madisonville was terrific! Madison Central was good too, but I totally agreed with this division's placement.

I thought in the 2 1/2 min. there was alot of "all star" type routines, and they were very good. Just not what I was expecting in a KAPOS competition.

I watched some of the afternoon line up and know that Pikeville won Traditional, with I THINK Powell ending up third. This was awesome for them. Their routine was really cute and creative.

Clark county looked great as well as Dunbar! Don't know how they finished though.

Congrats everyone! As loves2cheer said, it was a great accomplishment to get to this level.

No one knows what it's like to be a cheerleader and I know you all work very hard and have long seasons, so enjoy the rest of your basketball seasons then get some good, well deserved, rest!Wink
super large
1.idk
2.dunbar jv
3.breathitt
4.harrison
5.dupont

im really happy that we won 3rd.
go bobcats.
Yesterday's results were ablsolute BULL. Neither Graves County nor Madison Central deserved 2nd place. They both deserved 1st.

ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE WORLD OF CHEERLEADING KNOWS THAT IT IS PRACTICALLY A DEATH SENTENCE TO BE THE FIRST TEAM ON THE MAT IN YOUR DIVISION.

Both Graves and Madison Central competed first. Bowling Green and Madisonville North Hopkins were some of the last teams in their division to compete. THEY GOT THE CLEAN UP. Basically, both of these teams performed after horrible teams and they were unfairly overscored. Graves County was the National Champion and they had an even better performance at state. Bowling Green was not near as talented or impressive. They did not deserve to win, they got the luck of the draw. It's the same for Madison Central. Madisonville threw more fulls, but tumbling is a small portion on the scoresheet. Their stunting difficulty, creativity, cheer portion, routine design, and overall cleanliness was not near as great as Madison Central's. Unfortunately Madison Central was the first to compete and Madisonville was SEVERELY OVERSCORED.

The Kapos State Competition needs some work. Teams in the same division should not be able to compete 3 hours apart from each other. Judges are not able to process it that far.

Great Job to Graves County and Madison Central! You should have really been the State Champions.

As far as Madisonville, you put on a great performance, but if Kapos is only going to judge based on tumbling, than their system is EXTREMELY corrupt.
Pikeville Maroon back-to-back State Champions!
IndiansWooWoo Wrote:Yesterday's results were ablsolute BULL. Neither Graves County nor Madison Central deserved 2nd place. They both deserved 1st.

ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE WORLD OF CHEERLEADING KNOWS THAT IT IS PRACTICALLY A DEATH SENTENCE TO BE THE FIRST TEAM ON THE MAT IN YOUR DIVISION.

Both Graves and Madison Central competed first. Bowling Green and Madisonville North Hopkins were some of the last teams in their division to compete. THEY GOT THE CLEAN UP. Basically, both of these teams performed after horrible teams and they were unfairly overscored. Graves County was the National Champion and they had an even better performance at state. Bowling Green was not near as talented or impressive. They did not deserve to win, they got the luck of the draw. It's the same for Madison Central. Madisonville threw more fulls, but tumbling is a small portion on the scoresheet. Their stunting difficulty, creativity, cheer portion, routine design, and overall cleanliness was not near as great as Madison Central's. Unfortunately Madison Central was the first to compete and Madisonville was SEVERELY OVERSCORED.

The Kapos State Competition needs some work. Teams in the same division should not be able to compete 3 hours apart from each other. Judges are not able to process it that far.

Great Job to Graves County and Madison Central! You should have really been the State Champions.

As far as Madisonville, you put on a great performance, but if Kapos is only going to judge based on tumbling, than their system is EXTREMELY corrupt.
Good thing this isn't a biased opinion. Would you have said a word if MC placed 1st?
IndiansWooWoo Wrote:Yesterday's results were ablsolute BULL. Neither Graves County nor Madison Central deserved 2nd place. They both deserved 1st.

thats what cheerleading in mostly judged on i think [tumbling]
when i tried out for breathitt the first time i had my side ariel but not my backhandspring so i done that instead of a back hand spring and i got cut because i didnt do it. side ariels are worth more than a standing tuck 2, but i got my backhandspring now and im on breathitts team now.

congrats to all the team; everybody did great.

It's always disappointing when you are beaten out of a spot you have held for a few years, so I know Madison Central had to be upset. I saw their routine and I must admit, I was disappointed. It wasn't what I have seen them do in the past. Their flyers bobbled and it just wasn't typical Central stuff. You can't take away from Madisonville ( I am NOT from either county, btw) because their routine was simply amazing. They packed energy and lots of creativity. Madisonville had much more to offer than tumbling. Central did a great job, but I thought this was not their year and I know for them and their parents that must be a hard pill to swallow.

Great Job Breathitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our girls love you guys and are so glad you finished strong!!!
I think anyone giving an opinion is going to be somewhat biased. I think it is impossible to give one that isn't. I agree with Indian that the judging was suspect at best. MC and Madisonville.....that was a close one. It is totally ridiculous though to have 2 great teams go 3 hours apart. Why not rotate 2 divisions at a time, and if a division has only 7 teams like Large Coed why in the world would you space them so far apart. Is there no one with a logical mind in KAPOS. The large coed division results were a shock because Bowling Green had a obvious dropped stunt and Graves hit their routine solid. Also, Bowling Green doesn't have more difficulty than Graves County. I saw many of BG's stunts that had some assistance while Graves County is completely unassisted. If they had both hit, maybe there could be some doubt. Great job by Graves and MC. I wonder if any other state could have such awesome teams in 2nd place??
pompommom Wrote:It's always disappointing when you are beaten out of a spot you have held for a few years, so I know Madison Central had to be upset. I saw their routine and I must admit, I was disappointed. It wasn't what I have seen them do in the past. Their flyers bobbled and it just wasn't typical Central stuff. You can't take away from Madisonville ( I am NOT from either county, btw) because their routine was simply amazing. They packed energy and lots of creativity. Madisonville had much more to offer than tumbling. Central did a great job, but I thought this was not their year and I know for them and their parents that must be a hard pill to swallow.

Great Job Breathitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our girls love you guys and are so glad you finished strong!!!

thanks. =]
" Our girls love you guys and are so glad you finished strong!!!"<---what team?
In Traditional:
1st. Pikeville Maroon
2nd. East Carter
3rd Powell
4th?
5th danville.
Freaked me out when I saw Graves Co. didn't get the title. But I wasn't there, so I really can' say anything about it.

Congrats to ALL teams, and the winners!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Madisonville were the better team on the mat IMHO, but I agree it is very hard to judge when they are spaced so far apart!

How did Dunbar and Greenup do? Anyone know the reasoning for Dunbar JV to be in super large?
I believe KAPOS does have a meeting in the Summer to discuss and vote upon revisions. Perhaps making the effort to contact their President or one of their Board Members or Regional Chairpeople to inquire as to the proper way to make a suggestion for improvement might make some head way. All the information is @ your disposal www.kapos.org complete with phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
It doesn't matter if you go at 8 in the morning or 3 hours later. Real champions can do their routines any time of the day. I'm pretty sure if Graves had gone at 11, you wouldn't be saying anything. BG deserved to win that title and I bet everyone in that arena agreed. Graves didn't look nearly as good at KAPOS as they did at nationals so they didn't deserve to win. And almost all of BG's stunts were unassisted too, so get your facts straight. KAPOS judges know what they're doing and they scored accordingly.
cheertastic Wrote:Madisonville were the better team on the mat IMHO, but I agree it is very hard to judge when they are spaced so far apart!

How did Dunbar and Greenup do? Anyone know the reasoning for Dunbar JV to be in super large?

dunbars varsity won 1st.
dunbars jv won 2nd and they were over there crying my God suck it up would you rather place or get stuck in 6th or 7th.
i guess they had a larger squad then dunbars varsity.
LOL! Graves did hit their routine at 8:00 in the morning something Bowling Green couldn't even do at 11:15. Bowling Green is a very good team, but they did not deserve to beat Graves when BG dropped a stunt. Almost is not the same as all which Graves does in all their partner stunts. BG has 2 of their toss libs assisted up to the top. Graves does all 4 of theirs plus stretch double downs totally unassisted. I believe Graves also had much better baskets than BG. Graves deserved the win.
Yay for the varsity squad but the JV crying over 2nd place is incredibly unsportsman-like. They got 3rd in nationals so how is 2nd at State bad? Any news on Greenup?
gusgus Wrote:It doesn't matter if you go at 8 in the morning or 3 hours later. Real champions can do their routines any time of the day. I'm pretty sure if Graves had gone at 11, you wouldn't be saying anything. BG deserved to win that title and I bet everyone in that arena agreed. Graves didn't look nearly as good at KAPOS as they did at nationals so they didn't deserve to win. And almost all of BG's stunts were unassisted too, so get your facts straight. KAPOS judges know what they're doing and they scored accordingly.

I don't think that the comment made meant to say that what time they competed was not fair. They were referring to how far apart they have the divisions. If there are 10 squads in a division, they need to go within a certain time of each other. The judges need to have in their mind the routines of the others competing against them. It is just fact that judges score different as the competition progresses. They score harsher at the beginning and more lenient towards the end. But teams competing in the same division as each other should not be competing 3 hours apart from one another.
:dontthink
Jeez, How many divisions are there?
Small
Medium
Large
Super Large
Small Coed
Large Coed
Traditional
Congrats to ALL who competed! This competition is VERY rough and very time consuming for the girls... It takes tons of dedication and I send KUDOS to all of you young ladies and men!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
cheertastic Wrote:Yay for the varsity squad but the JV crying over 2nd place is incredibly unsportsman-like. They got 3rd in nationals so how is 2nd at State bad? Any news on Greenup?

Greenup dod not end up attending this year.