Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will leave UK next year?
cd1180 Wrote:Just a rumor but I heard Landon Slone will not be coming back.

Not a big loss if true, he is only a walk-on and is seldom used.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Not a big loss if true, he is only a walk-on and is seldom used.

Eeek :yikes: , you opened yourself up here. I don't disagree with you, but there are lots of Slone backers on here :Thumbs:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Not a big loss if true, he is only a walk-on and is seldom used.
I would have to agree on this point. I have also heard by numerous people that he will not be coming back next season.
Stardust Wrote:If they are both 1st round draft picks, they need to go. Who am I to be selfish and want to see them for my own purposes play at UK when they can go to the NBA, get a guarenteed 3 year contract, that if they play it right takes care of their needs for life.

Rajon is a perfect example. If he stayed, who knows, maybe we win another championship, and me selfishly wanted that. But look at him now, he has proven with hard work, dedication, surrounding himself with the right people, he is one fo the leagues best. So how dare I want him to do what I want.

If Jodie and Patrick have a chance to better themselves, I expect them to do just that. If I have a chance in life to better myself for my family, you bet I am going to do it as well.

I do not think he would have left early if he had got along better with the coach. Hopefully Meeks and PP get along with this coach. Hope he is a better person than he comes across when being interviewed at halves of games. That guy can come across as a real jerk; real big jerk to women reporters.
The more and more I think about it the more I think Liggins might bail. I know that he is not getting as much pt as a player like him would want. I think he may be feed up by the end of the season especially with Vilrino coming in next year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The more and more I think about it the more I think Liggins might bail. I know that he is not getting as much pt as a player like him would want. I think he may be feed up by the end of the season especially with Vilrino coming in next year.

I agree, I think Liggins may be gone next year. He has already butted heads with the coach earlier, and his playing time has steadily decreased over the last few games.

And I don't see his playing time increasing anytime soon either. Porter has really cut down his turnovers lately, and he's also started to knock down open 3-point shots. Liggins may be able to make more things happen on the break, but he's just as likely to commit a silly turnover. And his outside shooting is terrible. If anything, he seems to be regressing as the season has gone on.

It's a shame, really. Everyone knows that he is much, much more talented than Porter, yet he is still being outplayed. UK could live with the poor outside shooting from Liggins, a la recent point guards Rajon Rondo and Cliff Hawkins, as long as he takes care of the ball and makes good decisions. But too often that is not the case.

Anyway, I would not be surprised to see Liggins transfer. My gut feeling is Meeks will stay because I don't see him going in the 1st round of the draft. Patterson I'm less sure about because I still think he's a 1st-rounder, but his injury issues and inconsistency will keep him from going as high as he could have. Imagine if he comes back next year and stays healthy, he could easily vault himself into the top 10 picks!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
my guess is everyone except seniors stay and UK makes a good run in the tourny next year.
Also would like to remind everyone that out of UK's top 10 players this year (Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson, Porter, Harris, Miller, Liggins, Galloway, Harrellson, and Stewart), someone has to leave. Why? Here's the math:

UK only has 13 scholarships available each year. There are 3 new freshmen coming in next season, meaning that 3 schollies have to open up to make room. So where do they come from?

- First off, I'll point out that Matt Pilgrim, who is sitting out this year as a transfer, is already on scholarship as one of the 13 this year. So even though I did not count him as an incoming player next season, his addition does not directly affect this situation.

- Jared Carter is a senior, so that makes one (and don't even mention about him possibly applying for a 5th year medical redshirt - no way Billy G. goes along with that).

- Donald Williams (who?) is also on scholarship this year. Seeing as how he has yet to get into a single game this year, I can't imagine he'll still be taking up a spot next season. If he doesn't decide to leave, I assume he'll be asked to walk on.

- And here comes the tricky part, finding that last spot. Does Meeks or Patterson go pro? If not, then someone else will leave, voluntarily or not. Liggins would seem to be a prime candidate to transfer. I could also see Stewart or Harrellson leaving due to lack of playing time. Galloway is probably also unhappy with his P.T., but he will be a senior next year so a transfer is less likely.

It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out. Hopefully Meeks and Patterson both stay, as I would much rather UK have the problem of too many players than the other way around.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Also would like to remind everyone that out of UK's top 10 players this year (Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson, Porter, Harris, Miller, Liggins, Galloway, Harrellson, and Stewart), someone has to leave. Why? Here's the math:

UK only has 13 scholarships available each year. There are 3 new freshmen coming in next season, meaning that 3 schollies have to open up to make room. So where do they come from?

- First off, I'll point out that Matt Pilgrim, who is sitting out this year as a transfer, is already on scholarship as one of the 13 this year. So even though I did not count him as an incoming player next season, his addition does not directly affect this situation.

- Jared Carter is a senior, so that makes one (and don't even mention about him possibly applying for a 5th year medical redshirt - no way Billy G. goes along with that).

- Donald Williams (who?) is also on scholarship this year. Seeing as how he has yet to get into a single game this year, I can't imagine he'll still be taking up a spot next season. If he doesn't decide to leave, I assume he'll be asked to walk on.

- And here comes the tricky part, finding that last spot. Does Meeks or Patterson go pro? If not, then someone else will leave, voluntarily or not. Liggins would seem to be a prime candidate to transfer. I could also see Stewart or Harrellson leaving due to lack of playing time. Galloway is probably also unhappy with his P.T., but he will be a senior next year so a transfer is less likely.

It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out. Hopefully Meeks and Patterson both stay, as I would much rather UK have the problem of too many players than the other way around.

Someone knows what they are talking about.
More Cowbell Wrote:Also would like to remind everyone that out of UK's top 10 players this year (Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson, Porter, Harris, Miller, Liggins, Galloway, Harrellson, and Stewart), someone has to leave. Why? Here's the math:

Very informative post, one that makes you think.

Great job :Thumbs: