Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Kapos At-large Cheer Comp
Okay folks, It would seem that it's time for everyone to pack their collective stuff and head West..... Bowling Green. Yep, the campus of Western Kentucky University is the site (for the 2nd consecutive year) chosen for the 2009, KAPOS State At-Large Cheer Leading Competition. Let me begin by offering this, WKU is a wonderful campus and they have done a marvelous job with the KAPOS competition and the girls sweet 16... so this is really not about that AT ALL.

I am not sure how NICE it was to all the Kentucky, squads participating in UCA Nationals over this past weekend, to schedule their State Competition for the following weekend, but I guess it all works out for the squads located in the Pennyrile.

And that brings me to another point... In recent years, the competition has been held in a CENTRAL LOCATION IN THE COMMONWEALTH THAT IS CONVENIENT FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS... ie. Lexington & Richmond.... I don't think many folks would care as long as it's centrally located geographically with an Arena large enough to handle the event and plenty of Hotel and eating places. It is however, not very handy for family and well-wishers to make a day of it to watch their respective squads/family members participate in a State Competition that lasts ALL DAY...

Sooo next year, how bout booking the event in Central Kentucky... Either that or have it @ Pikeville College.... UofL, MSU or even NKUBig Grin
I agree. Bowling Green is definitely not centrally located. It is such a long trip for most of the squads who participate/compete. And a lot of people can't go because they will not or can not drive that far
Well... I understood last year and all but I had hoped they might opt for central Kentucky, this year. Again.. WKU is a wonderful campus and all... it's just most folks like to just make a day of it and head home... unless you are down that way as residents... you're not likely gonna load up, gas up, drive it early... stay all day ... have dinner... re-gas and drive back in one day.
IISnakE Wrote:Well... I understood last year and all but I had hoped they might opt for central Kentucky, this year. Again.. WKU is a wonderful campus and all... it's just most folks like to just make a day of it and head home... unless you are down that way as residents... you're not likely gonna load up, gas up, drive it early... stay all day ... have dinner... re-gas and drive back in one day.

I agree...I was hoping that it would have been back in Richmond this year, but I could be wrong, but I heard that there was a scheduling issue thus the reason that is was back at WKU. I started to say maybe next year, but this is my daughters SR year, so there won't be a next year for me!!! But anyway, for the central and eastern ky squads, I do hope that it is closer for you all next year
I'd love to see WYMT make the trek and cover the Eastern Kentucky, squads in Bowling Green! How nice would that be for all the family members, who are not able to make that trip... (we could begin a "call in campaign"...LOL) or perhaps KET and KAPOS could work something out to where the whole competition could be aired... not live of course... but you know how the Sweet 16 is aired... the finals that is... maybe KET could edit and show the winning performances of the Top 5 in each catagory! Anyway.. I believe we can all agree upon a Central location that is available if we begin NOW for 2010......