Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Taylor of Owsley Co.
I heard tonight he may be out for the rest of the season. I hope this is not true. I hope he is fine. Please post with information if anyone has an update. Prayers from Beattyville
What happened? Good luck, hope everything is ok with him!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:What happened? Good luck, hope everything is ok with him!
He had a serious head on collision with a guard from Lee friday night. He layed on the court unconscious and bleeding severly for quite a while before EMS got him strapped to the stretcher and got him to the hospital. He took a very bad lick and I hope he recovers quickly
Hope it's not too bad. What he do anyways?
Our prayers go to his family from Hazard! Keep us all posted as you hear any news. Did the player from Lee Co. have any type of injury? Thanks for the info.
Good luck with everything Zach!
Makes me think of Michael Porter and Ramon Harris for UK earlier in the season when they had their head on collision!! Those can be scary and serious! You wonder if that was why Ramon Harris passed out during halftime of the Alabama game almost a month after the collision!
JOBAKKA Wrote:I heard tonight he may be out for the rest of the season. I hope this is not true. I hope he is fine. Please post with information if anyone has an update. Prayers from Beattyville
Zach - prayers from estill - You are a class young man.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Makes me think of Michael Porter and Ramon Harris for UK earlier in the season when they had their head on collision!! Those can be scary and serious! You wonder if that was why Ramon Harris passed out during halftime of the Alabama game almost a month after the collision!
Very similar, except this was at full speed flying down the court. The Lee player went to the hospital and was released with a bad bump on the head. He also had a severe nose bleed but is fine today. Sore but doing OK
Prayers to the Taylor family.
Don't know the kid but am very sorry to hear this. Hope it is nothing too serious and he will be able to get back playing very soon. Prayers and best wishes from Pike County.
The last I heard is Zack has a concussion and sizable lump on his head. He also had to have stiches for a cut. As far as when he can come back to play, I haven't heard anything but will post whatever I hear.

What compounded his injury was that after the collision with Reese, he then fell to the floor and struck his head on the hardwood, receiving a second injury. He was knocked unconscious for about 10-15 minutes.

In addition, he had another concussion in a game at Leslie County about three weeks ago. He's sure had some bad luck to say the least.
Zack's a great kid and I wish him a quick recovery.
hope he can play...
JOBAKKA Wrote:I heard tonight he may be out for the rest of the season. I hope this is not true. I hope he is fine. Please post with information if anyone has an update. Prayers from Beattyville
I talked to someone yesterday who is around the team a lot and they said he was told by the doctors he couldn't play sports for at least 8 weeks. Too many concussions too close together. He had another one a few weeks back at Leslie County. If this is true I really hate it for this kid. He's a senior and really loves to play basketball.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Zach and his family and I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
Good luck on a speedy and full recovery
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I talked to someone yesterday who is around the team a lot and they said he was told by the doctors he couldn't play sports for at least 8 weeks. Too many concussions too close together. He had another one a few weeks back at Leslie County. If this is true I really hate it for this kid. He's a senior and really loves to play basketball.
I also confirmed this story tonight with some of his teammates. Sad news, Hang in there Zach and get better.