Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCA High School Nationals 2009
Good luck to all Kentucky squads competing at Nationals!! Show them what KY cheerleaders are made of!

:rockon:
Good Luck Teams!
Good Luck
to ALL Kentucky Squads
@
UCA Nationals!!!
The fun has begun... if you want to keep up with things.... www.uca.com and click on the high school nationals section...
Report from Pikeville said they looked good and hit everything in their first performance, don't know a score or anything.
Pikeville has done a wonderful job so far. I can't wait for finals! I have been keeping up with they KY squads and they all have had remarkable performances. There has been a few falls, but they always put it back up and remain solid.

And if Madisonville North Hopkins competes at State anything like they did so far at Nationals, they have got 1st in the bag!! They are amazing this year
Good Luck in finals Pikeville!
Pikeville's Junior High squad placed 3rd.
Pikeville's Varsity is in the Final 12 and will compete later today for a chance to win it all.
I am not just saying this because I am rooting for Pikeville, but the Junior High squad deserved better. Monrovia (who placed first) is an awesome team, but they had at least 3 falls. They did deserve top 3, but definitely not 1st. Pikeville was very solid and clean and I am proud of them.
Graves County won Large Coed! North Laurel won Larg Junior High! That is 2 for the KY schools.

Small Varsity awards are announced between 4:45 - 5:30 (KY Schools - Somerset, Pikeville, Madisonville North Hopkins, Southwestern Pulaski (DIV 2) and Madison Central (DIV 1) Tates Creek did not make the finals.

Medium varsity awards have already been announced and should be posted soon (KY schools are - Boyd County (Div 2), Henry Clay, North Laurel (Div 1)

Large Varsity finalists have not been posted, and the automatic finalist have not been posted either. I am guessing by their routines that Greenup and Dunbar were automatic Finalist. GRC is the other Large Varsity team in the semis

In the Junior High Divisions
Small Junior High - Pikeville 3rd
Large Junior High - North Laurel 1st

JV Divisions
Small JV - Madison Central 2nd
Large JV - Dunbar 3rd

Coed
Small Coed - Barren County 13th
Large Coed - Graves County 1st, Bowling Green 5th

Small and Medium Varsity were split into 2 Divisions this year. They are based on the # of students that attend the high school
Div 1 = 1300+ students
Div 2 = 1-1299 students
There will be a winner for each division. This means that Pikeville and Madison Central do not compete against each other even though they are both Small Varsity.
Medium Varsity -
Div 1 - North Laurel 1st, Henry Clay 14th
Div 2 - Boyd County 5th
Go Pikeville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Small Varsity
Div 1 - Madison Central 4th
Div 2 - Madisonville North Hopkins 3rd, Somerset 7th, Pikeville 9th, Southwestern 11th
Congrats to North Laurel....I think it's pretty amazing that a high school and a middle school are national champions in the same year! What a feeling!:notworthy

Good job to Pikeville junior high....the routine was way better than at KAPOS.

Kentucky was represented very well at nationals! Congrats to all teams!
I am so proud of all our Kentucky, squads! WAY TO GO BLUEGRASS STATE!

Now I need to add that the routines done in KAPOS and the routines done @ Nationals are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROUTINES. It's like writing a portfolio piece... one must know their audience and give 'em what they want!

Now... let me pose this question... after having watched the competition on varsity.com, does anyone else wonder why UCA edits the Elite Stunt sequences from the routines... I mean how many times do we need to see a squad chant "red blue and white" or spell out their name and/or mascot? WE WANT ELITE STUNT SEQUENCES, PARTNER STUNTS, ADVANCED GYMANSTICS, GREAT DANCE WORK... IT'S NATIONALS FOR GOODNESS SAKES... no one hides their light under a bushel basket in Orlando!!!! It's "put up" or "shut up" time... and inquiring minds NEED to know!

Then here in a few minutes, how bout we put up threads and discuss each division/its top three/and any Kentucky schools therein!?
I haven't seen any mention of Greenup, did Dunbar beat them................My guess is YES, but haven't heard anything..........
IISnakE Wrote:I am so proud of all our Kentucky, squads! WAY TO GO BLUEGRASS STATE!

Now I need to add that the routines done in KAPOS and the routines done @ Nationals are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROUTINES. It's like writing a portfolio piece... one must know their audience and give 'em what they want!

Now... let me pose this question... after having watched the competition on varsity.com, does anyone else wonder why UCA edits the Elite Stunt sequences from the routines... I mean how many times do we need to see a squad chant "red blue and white" or spell out their name and/or mascot? WE WANT ELITE STUNT SEQUENCES, PARTNER STUNTS, ADVANCED GYMANSTICS, GREAT DANCE WORK... IT'S NATIONALS FOR GOODNESS SAKES... no one hides their light under a bushel basket in Orlando!!!! It's "put up" or "shut up" time... and inquiring minds NEED to know!

Then here in a few minutes, how bout we put up threads and discuss each division/its top three/and any Kentucky schools therein!?

I know exactly what you mean! I know UCA is all about leading the crowd, but every squad pretty much does the same thing using the same basic cheers. I'm with you. I wanna see these sequences that they bust their butts working to nail
wonderpeople Wrote:I haven't seen any mention of Greenup, did Dunbar beat them................My guess is YES, but haven't heard anything..........
Wrong.....GC 2nd.....Dunbar 3rd. GC was only like 18 points out of 1st.
And honestly GC was not 18-20pts below the winning squad. Dunbar had a deduction (stepped outta bounds). PLD just didn't look fresh.. didn't make it look easy. GC and Houston did. BUT no way could there have been that much difference in the squads. Houston's uni's were tired looking... bows were droopy... dance part was generic... I did like the creativity of the big stunts and how they 360'ed and dbld. I liked some of the stunting we got to see... but I really liked GC's energy/tumbling/dance/stunts... they just stike me as the type of squad that UCA is looking for.... but you know... those same three squads could compete tomorrow and there would be a totally different outcome... it's just who is "on" on the day of the event and what catches the judges eye. HHS/GCHS/PLDHS are all tremendously talented squads with everything of which to be proud!