Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Starting 5 (as of Feb. 4)
UkFan23 Wrote:I never said to put Slone a the PG spot...I meant to put Liggins or Galloway at the PG spot and Slone at SG and Meeks at SF go kinda small so that when they double teamed Patterson in the post he could kick it out to Slone and he can knock it down bc nobody is gonna let Jodie have an open shot
You know nothing about the game of basketball. You are saying you would want Slone at the two guard and keep people like Harris, Miller, Harrelson, Porter, and either Galloawy or Liggins out of the lineup so he could play? That isn't smart at all. You would rather put someone who isn't athletic out there opposed to someone who is equal to a D-1 talent on the floor. Slone just doesn't belong and that's the bottom line.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:You know nothing about the game of basketball. You are saying you would want Slone at the two guard and keep people like Harris, Miller, Harrelson, Porter, and either Galloawy or Liggins out of the lineup so he could play? That isn't smart at all. You would rather put someone who isn't athletic out there opposed to someone who is equal to a D-1 talent on the floor. Slone just doesn't belong and that's the bottom line.

I think he is just speaking from the heart. But you are right, as much as we all love the walk-on's and have cheered them forever, there is rarely a case when one can step in and play better than the rest. Good luck to Slone, and I hope to see a LOT of minutes by him. That probably means we are blowing someone out Wink
Wildcat Blue Wrote:You know nothing about the game of basketball. You are saying you would want Slone at the two guard and keep people like Harris, Miller, Harrelson, Porter, and either Galloawy or Liggins out of the lineup so he could play? That isn't smart at all. You would rather put someone who isn't athletic out there opposed to someone who is equal to a D-1 talent on the floor. Slone just doesn't belong and that's the bottom line.

I would rather have Landon out there than Liggins or Galloway. Not because that he is more talented than them because he's not. It's because Landon has one thing that they don't, HEART. If you don't have heart, then you are not going to win games.

Players like Landon should motivate and inspire a team. Liggins plays with no heart and it shows on the court.

I agree that it has a lot to with talent, but it's not all about the talent.
one thing i do notice is that most people prefer miller over harris and its a toss up of liggins or porter!!! i would definitely go with is miller in the starting 5. i also think with little bit more time miller could be a 3rd scorer.
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:Mark Krebs should start the way UK is playing haha

I agree:Clap: