LCC
KCC
Jackson City
Leslie
Breathitt
Owsley
Estill - Never underestimate Shirley Beard. Always has a backup plan
Jenkins - Damron could take top spot with all coming back, esp. Thacker
Jackson City - Barnett will play a big part. Fugate's coaching will help here.
Letcher Central - Lost 1 player. Adams and his knowledge may surprise some.
Perry County Central - Mac is gone, but left Campbell with a very good team
Powell - McCoy is gone. Never take Faulkner for granted or he will bite you.
Breathitt County - Young players returning. Moore has the ability to sting some.
Knott County Central - Neace took over this year and could upset many.
Leslie - New coaching staff (Collette) looking for a Regional game.
Owsley - Mika Turner is the team. Coach Mason has to show patience.

The rest:

Hazard always builds back and I would bet Candi has the wheels rolling.
Cordia is back. Deanna is back. What she's got is still unknown.
Riverside loves to have fun. They know it's only a game and show it.
Buckhorn is another team that loves the game.
Lee County lost Kat. Coach Jewell needs a push from someone here.
Wolfe County has something there. It's a matter of Coach Brown finding it.

Just my opinion. I know everyone would like to pick their team to win, but I think this is the most realistic view. But, it's just me.
I think jenkins will be on top. They were awsome last year. and since they didn't have any seniors that played last year they should be undefeted.
go cubbies Wrote:Estill - Never underestimate Shirley Beard. Always has a backup plan
Jenkins - Damron could take top spot with all coming back, esp. Thacker
Jackson City - Barnett will play a big part. Fugate's coaching will help here.
Letcher Central - Lost 1 player. Adams and his knowledge may surprise some.
Perry County Central - Mac is gone, but left Campbell with a very good team
Powell - McCoy is gone. Never take Faulkner for granted or he will bite you.
Breathitt County - Young players returning. Moore has the ability to sting some.
Knott County Central - Neace took over this year and could upset many.
Leslie - New coaching staff (Collette) looking for a Regional game.
Owsley - Mika Turner is the team. Coach Mason has to show patience.

The rest:

Hazard always builds back and I would bet Candi has the wheels rolling.
Cordia is back. Deanna is back. What she's got is still unknown.
Riverside loves to have fun. They know it's only a game and show it.
Buckhorn is another team that loves the game.
Lee County lost Kat. Coach Jewell needs a push from someone here.
Wolfe County has something there. It's a matter of Coach Brown finding it.

Just my opinion. I know everyone would like to pick their team to win, but I think this is the most realistic view. But, it's just me.

Very good summary. I agree for the most part. I think based on last years performance and returning starters, Estill and Jenkins have to be the preseason favorites and will be the class of the region. Keys will will be replacing the graduated pitcher for Estill and the continued development of Jenkins returning starters. They started 6 sophomores and an 8th grader last
year. Jackson City will be strong and PCC, LCC, and Powell could be in the mix as well. KCC & Breathitt could surprise some as darkhorses.
Who will replace the Long girl that was the catcher for PCC? She was very good. Also who will replace Feltner?
Estill has a couple young pitchers this year
Jackson should be a good team this year. Got alot back from last year. Good luck Tigers
Jenkins
Estill
Powell
PCC
Jackson City
LCC
Breathitt
Leslie
Owsley
Jenkins on top...

Perry Central will definitely be in the game also...I've heard they got some transfers?

No one will walk all over Leslie or LCC either if they are on top of their game...
We will see soon...

May the games begin. Smile
3ilovethisgame3 Wrote:Jenkins on top...

Perry Central will definitely be in the game also...I've heard they got some transfers?

No one will walk all over Leslie or LCC either if they are on top of their game...

PCC has transfers???? SUPRISE SUPRISE !!!
KyGurl Wrote:PCC has transfers???? SUPRISE SUPRISE !!!

yeah, i didn't know much about the transfers...

you seem to know an awfully big lot though, could you enlighten me please?
Seen PCC in the gym the other day not to strong there but basketball is still going on. Good luck Dores!!!
Good Luck Cougars this year. Hope we are much better this year than what we was last year.
Jenkins
Estill
PCC
Powell
Jackson City
Breathitt
Owsley
LCC
Lesley

*Breathit should be pretty tuff this year. Word is that Jenkins lost nobody last year at was runner up in regional. They should be really good.
jenkins
23jumpman Wrote:Jenkins
Estill
PCC
Powell
Jackson City
Breathitt
Owsley
LCC
Lesley

*Breathit should be pretty tuff this year. Word is that Jenkins lost nobody last year at was runner up in regional. They should be really good.

You are correct. Jenkins has everyone coming back.
Jenkins
Go ahead, under estimated LCC and see what happens
that is what I hope everyone does considering we are undefeated now. Good luck cougars with the rest of the season.
Well we will see tonight what happens.
GO LADY CAVS
who won?
cougarpride08 Wrote:that is what I hope everyone does considering we are undefeated now. Good luck cougars with the rest of the season.

I wouldn't read too much into LCC being undefeated at this point. They have played some really weak teams. At this time the combined record of their opponents is 5 wins and 16 losses.
well consider what they did or what they didn't do last year, we take what we can get. This team isn't going to make it past the first round of the region. At this point they just doesn't have any leadership. I say this as a major cougar fan, but I still cheer and wish they would learn to win, and get some talent.
cougarpride08, have you been to watch the Lady Cougars? I wish we had more "major" cougar fans like you. True cougar fans don't get on here and put down the team. We have talent and leadership. The Lady Cougar Softball team has been and continues to very successful.
cougarpride08 Wrote:well consider what they did or what they didn't do last year, we take what we can get. This team isn't going to make it past the first round of the region. At this point they just doesn't have any leadership. I say this as a major cougar fan, but I still cheer and wish they would learn to win, and get some talent.
:Clap: wow thank;s so much.... have you not hered that we are undefeated?! &&that most of our starter's are sophmore's?! i think theese girl's work their butt off; on and off the feild. so if you are a cougar, thank's for the support!!!!! &&leader ship? i think we got the best seinor's any team could ask for. Kayla BurtonConfusedhe's one kick but shortstop that came from being a cathcher. Keiah Caudill:this second base WOMAN has benn working her butt off since she was in the sith grade for coach adam's. &&Courtney Joshon: center fielder and much more, she can drive the ball, run the bases and cheer the team on...............
sherman14 Wrote:What do you think?
1.LADY COUGAR'S
2.PERRY CENTRAL
3.JENKIN'S
this is deffenantly the top 3 team's && this is how this will be untill 2012!!!!!
cougar's are doing great, &&bye the way thank's for comming to support us JHS!! -lol i hope you got your note's......... you will need them to bad the game was canceled friday. How's it gonna feal when you loose?!:moon:
I'm just going to go ahead and say Jenkins Estill region championship.