Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Gillispie know what a screen is?
Comments.....
transplanttiger Wrote:Comments.....

One could only assume that he has windows in his house too.Big Grin
Mr.Kimball Wrote:One could only assume that he has windows in his house too.Big Grin

House? He has screens in his trailer! Big Grin
Where's all the posters declaring Meeks as the greatest shooter in UK history now?:confused:
Stardust Wrote:House? He has screens in his trailer! Big Grin
A trailer to some, a castle to others.Smile
From BCG in the post-game press conference after being asked why he doesn't run screens:
"Well, first of all I wanna thank you for your question. Now, our team doesn't run screens because it simply is too easy. We want to play like pro's and I dont think that we can do that when we run little easy screens. Got it?"

Big Grin
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Where's all the posters declaring Meeks as the greatest shooter in UK history now?:confused:

He's a rythem shooter. I meant to make that comment when I posted about Curry above. Meeks has to catch-square-release in a rythem. He has a very fast trigger, so he usually is successful. Tonight MSU did an incredible job of not allowing him to get into a rythem. There was constant pressure all night. That's not new for Meeks, but usually he wears down an opponent or he is more athletic. Not tonight.

So, I'm not knocking Meeks shooting as much as I am applauding MSU's defenisve gameplan and execution
He should know by now after every team has been beating us to death by doing so. Between that, rebounding, and defense....we need to find it soon or we're going to be hurting.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Where's all the posters declaring Meeks as the greatest shooter in UK history now?:confused:

54!! Enough said Wink
Things Billy G doesn't understand:
1. How to use screens to get someone open
2. Talent
3. Defense
4. How to make adjustments from game to game (Meeks isn't going to score 30+ every night)
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:54!! Enough said Wink

Ah, now here they come.Big Grin :Thumbs:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ah, now here they come.Big Grin :Thumbs:

Yepp you bet!!! Big Grin
It's simple.....these teams have figured out the game plan, shut Jodie & Pat down or just one of them and the other team gets the W!
Those 54 points came out to hurt us. Gave a little secret to everyone, that without Meeks & Patterson, we can't win. Take them out of the game, let the rest of the team to beat them. (Which we couldn't beat WKU with just the rest)
TheBluesBoys Wrote:It's simple.....these teams have figured out the game plan, shut Jodie & Pat down or just one of them and the other team gets the W!

You beat me to it lol

But Gillispie relies on getting great players, and letting them play. He said last night on the call in show, that great players is what makes a great coach. He might be a good fit for the NBA.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:A trailer to some, a castle to others.Smile

Very true Big Grin
mrfootball03 Wrote:You beat me to it lol

But Gillispie relies on getting great players, and letting them play. He said last night on the call in show, that great players is what makes a great coach. He might be a good fit for the NBA.
Great players are what makes coaches look great 99% of the time.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Great players are what makes coaches look great 99% of the time.

Yep, is Phil Jackson really a great coach, or was he afforded great talent. It's coaching having the talent and then knowing how to mesh that talent together.

Billie G will be the right guy after he gets his players into his system. Instead, we want him to put round blocks into square circles.
Stardust Wrote:Yep, is Phil Jackson really a great coach, or was he afforded great talent. It's coaching having the talent and then knowing how to mesh that talent together.

Billie G will be the right guy after he gets his players into his system. Instead, we want him to put round blocks into square circles.

Jackson has been continually blessed with unbelievable talent.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Jackson has been continually blessed with unbelievable talent.

I agree, that's why I chuckle when he is put up there with the greatest coaches of all-time. I could have coached the Bulls with Jordan & Pippen, or the Lakers with Sahq & Kobe....
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:54!! Enough said Wink

thats one game to me and why isnt he doing now. And screens to easy why not do it instead of losing.... Playing like pros forget that it isn't gone to happen just do what you got to do to win
Teams playing davidson try that and think he is the only player they got no inside game at all.. He gets open becasue they are constanly setting screens to get him open... But meeks is a rhythm shooter he has to catch line up and release Curry just like jj reddick catch and shoot... but still a screen couldn't hurt could it.. Lets get Billy G tickets to watch davidson and maybe they can learn to set a screen.... not saying davidson is better or anything just that davidson is better at getting a one specific player open
Stardust Wrote:I agree, that's why I chuckle when he is put up there with the greatest coaches of all-time. I could have coached the Bulls with Jordan & Pippen, or the Lakers with Sahq & Kobe....

Agree totally that Jackson may or maynot been a good coach and to me it is harder to coach a college team than an NBA team and with that kind of talent they didn't need a coach